Sign in to follow this  
bgelfand

KAV 15.0.2.361 and Chrome Under Vista

My wife's computer is running Windows VISTA and KAV 15.0.2.361. (Yes, it is old and we will replace it.) The latest version of Internet Explorer (IE) that VISTA supports is IE9. Microsoft still provides security updates to IE9 for VISTA users and will do so until VISTA is no longer supported in April 2017.

Unfortunately some sites no longer work well with IE9. My interim solution is to download Chrome, which does run under VISTA, and use it. I went to the Kaspersky site to see if Chrome was supported by KAV and found this article.

http://support.kaspersky.com/us/12572#block2

At the end of the article it states, "Note: The plug-in functions only with Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2016 installed." But, the article is listed under Windows 10 and KAV 2016, not Windows VISTA. There does not seem to be an article like it under KAV 2015 and not flagged for Windows 10. Of course you need KAV 2016 to run under Windows 10.

My question: does KAV 2015 offer any protection to a user running Chrome under Windows VISTA? Is the KAV 2016 requirement necessitated by running under Windows 10 or by using Chrome?

I am reluctant to go to KAV 2016 until Kaspersky resolves the major problems they seem to be having with updates.

Sorry for the double post. It looked like this one did not "take" so I reposted. Moderator please delete one of the posts. Thanks. Brooks Gelfand

Edited by bgelfand

The Kaspersky Protection extension only works if a Kaspersky product is installed. And this particular version of the extension only works with version 2016. For version 2015, use this extension.

I don't think this is related to Windows 10. Maybe the article was mis-labeled.

The Kaspersky Protection extension only works if a Kaspersky product is installed. And this particular version of the extension only works with version 2016. For version 2015, use this extension.

I don't think this is related to Windows 10. Maybe the article was mis-labeled.

Thank you very much, JanRei; I'll do that.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.