FaFaPhooey

Regarding Web Anti-Virus browser extension, URL advisor.

Does the Web Anti-Virus component still function properly if I DO NOT use the browser plugins.

I have chosen in advanced settings to UNCHECK and NOT USE the "automatically activate Kaspersky protection extensions in browsers"

I have disabled private browsing and safe money

My question is-Is my web traffic still scanned with the module and working properly? Also is the URL advisor still working if I do not enable the plugins?

The plug ins seems to conflict with some addons I prefer in Firefox but I still want my browser traffic scanned and the url advisor working

Let's see what the Help Files have to say about all this.

Advanced settings of Web Anti-Virus window

Show all | Hide all

In the Kaspersky Protection extension section, you can define the settings for installation and activation of application extension for browsers.

Automatically activate Kaspersky Protection extension in browsers

If this check box is selected, when supported browsers are started the Kaspersky Protection extension is automatically activated in browsers. Activation of the extension is required for proper functioning of Protected Browser.

If this check box is cleared, automatic activation of the Kaspersky Protection extension is not performed when starting browsers.

This check box is selected by default.

In the URL Advisor section, you can specify websites on which links must be checked, as well as websites that you want to exclude from scanning.

Check URLs

This check box enables / disables checking URLs on web pages against the lists of malicious or phishing web addresses.

This check box is selected by default.

On all websites except those specified

In this mode, Web Anti-Virus checks all URLs on a web page and informs you of the danger level of a web resource before you access it. Web Anti-Virus does not scan the content of websites that have been added to the list of trusted web addresses.

This link scanning mode is selected by default.

Clicking the Manage exclusions link opens a window in which you can create a list of trusted URLs that Web Anti-Virus will not scan.

Let's see what the Help Files have to say about all this.

I guess I'm a little bit dumb. Forgive me and thanks for the patience

So the browser extensions only apply to the protected browser but the setting is in the advanced section of the web anti virus? This seems confusing to me but I'm not too bright

Just to be clear-The web anti virus and url advisor will work fine. The protected browser module is the only thing affected?

Thanks in advance for any clarification you can give me

I have chosen in advanced settings to UNCHECK and NOT USE the "automatically activate Kaspersky protection extensions in browsers"

I have tested it in my KIS/KAV 16.0.0.614(e) but this setting seems to have no real funktion - like a dead button. It doesn't matter if I check or uncheck this setting, the Kaspersky protection plug-in is active as long as it is activated in browser and KIS/KAV is running. (for testing I restarted browser and also restarted KIS/KAV)

So the browser extensions only apply to the protected browser but the setting is in the advanced section of the web anti virus?

Maybe it is not the best place to put this setting. The extensions do not only apply to the protected browser. They also provide several convenience functions, for example by making it easier to access privacy protection settings or the on-screen keyboard.

Just to be clear-The web anti virus and url advisor will work fine.

Yes, they should work fine.

It doesn't matter if I check or uncheck this setting, the Kaspersky protection plug-in is active as long as it is activated in browser and KIS/KAV is running.

If this option is checked, the plugin will get installed and activated automatically in supported browsers (if needed). Of course, unchecking it will make no difference if the plugin is already installed and activated.

If this option is checked, the plugin will get installed and activated automatically in supported browsers (if needed). Of course, unchecking it will make no difference if the plugin is already installed and activated.

It seems that this concerns only new installing of browsers after Kaspersky product was already installed. Because this option is activated in Kaspersky product by standard and new starting of browser doesn't take any effect.

But the help file states that it should also work on new starting of browser. :unsure:

Edited by ErnstK

Browser extensions should not get activated forcefully after disabling this option, no matter when the browser has been installed.

Thanks a lot JanRei, now I understand. It works only one way: From Off to On but not vice versa from On to Off. :)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.