Dhamilton

How can I migrate user's from one sever to another server. [Solved]

Hello,

I would like to get some information on how can I migrate my user's from one server to another server on the same network.

I have 2 servers running Security Center 10, the old server is running version 10.1.249 the new server is running

10.2.434. The reason why I do not want to use the old one is some SQL corruption I had last year and my instance has been running very poorly. Support has tried assisting but I could not restore SQL and it was close to a new installation when it was all said and done while still having multiple issues when the ticket was closed, half my task are not working right. So now that Maintenance Release is out of Beta, I would like to migrate my user's over to a clean Security Center install and get off of the old instance. The incident# was INC000004442276

The user's are currently running Antivirus version 10.2.1.23, network agent 10.1.249 on the old instance as well, the user's are running Windows 7 x32 & x64, the old instance is running on Windows 7 x64 non virtual and also MSSQL 2014 Express, the new one is running on Windows 10 x64 MSSQL 2014 Express. I tried creating a support ticket and I get this message when trying to log in (see attachment) so I came to the forums.

post-563486-1452186149_thumb.png

Edited by DHamilton

Hi,

I would like to get some information on how can I migrate my user's from one server to another server on the same network.

You can just run "Cange admin server" task to move hosts from one server to another.

Thank you!

Are you referring to this step http://support.kaspersky.com/1057

If so, would it only take the clients and move them to the corresponding Managed Groups if I create identical groups from the old security center? Or it will move the clients to the managed computer folder for every single moved user?

This will not bring over the policies as well from the old security center correct?

Yes, that will move PCs to managed computers only and no policies will be moved.

If you what to keep groups/policies etc. you have to delete existing server and install new within the very same host so, that IP address remain the same.

To do so you have to create backup, delete old server, install new and restore previously saved backup.

Thank you!

No, I don't want any settings from the old one, so it sounds like it will not come over to the new one which is what i'm looking for.

How will I go about moving over the user's that are never come into the office and talk to the security server like our remote sales team?

If they are connected to old server than by means of change server task they will be connected to new one.

Is this acceptable to you?

Oh I see, so it moves all clients regardless if they are connected to the network or not and when they finally connect to the network, it updates on the client end that there is a new server. Great.

Thanks for your help Nikolay, if I have any more issues, I will pop back into the forums.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.