zac_df1

Export Passwords

Dear Kaspersky Users,

I know somehow that this might not be supported, also from what I found here - but please allow me to mention my uses cases:

I have been a fan for many years of Kaspersky Products. I have been using Pure till V3. Recently I needed to upgrade to Total Security along my upgrade to Windows 10. Password manager also got a new version along that. The integration in browsers has a different handling and in many cases (web sites) does simply not work anymore. I have an old and a new computer sitting right next to each other and it simply does NOT work anymore for many web sites.

As I did not find a solution for that (plus I dislike the new handling) I intended to try other password managers.

Along that I found out that the old export feature is no longer there.

I tried to downgrade to old versions (e.g. pure 2) that do still allow to export, but then I was not able to activate those and/or import new database.

Any tips on how to get any export (XML etc.) ? I have hundrets of PW stored and don't intend to manually copy each by each.

Actually I would prefer that the old, working functionality of PWM simply is brought back.

Thank you and regards

;-)

Edited by zac_df1

Welcome to zac_df1

you found a solution to keep PM-Actve in KTS-Thumbs Up! <Indio>

I was able to migrate to KTS and have PW working in there.

BUT: Many sites are not working any more (i.e. no PW and/or user is being entered by PWM, which it was before, a parallel Laptop with Win7 and Pure3 with synced PW still works). And the user interface is much worse than before - side issue which I could live with. Plus it is not that stable as before ...

I used Kaspersky products for many years and made my company roll it out company wide. Meanwhile it go less and less stable. KTS under Win10 stops working about every 1-3 days on my laptop (another topic)

Therefore I would like to request to make it either be same as before, especially work again OR offer an export function to be able to import into another PW manager.

Thank you and regards

Edited by zac_df1

Total security 2016 password manager Help file says:

In addition to keeping your data up to date across all of your devices with Kaspersky Password Manager installed, synchronization also enables you to restore data if your device is replaced or lost.

My experience:

Ok, my old notebook died(win 7 Total security 2015), installed password manager on new notebook(win 10 Total security 2016), went to a login screen but no username & password were auto-entered, no link to lookup password in vault. Was there something I missed in the installation that reads the old password database? In my old system backup I have a folder called Passwords Database with many files backup….pws and the latest file default.spdb dated 12/29/15.

How do I get access to the old password data? Buy notebook, install win 7 Total security 2015, restore password file then lookup username and password, write them down to be used on my Win 10 system? Or do I install Total Security 2015 and restore the password file on my Win 10 system then upgrade to 2016?

Best of luck to you.

To zac_df1: Let's keep an eye on the release of the new KTS-version to verify..If our proposals

to improve KTS-PM were included. Also consider to "Split" the number of accounts in at

least 2-PManagers. So in case one get bugged-The 2nd app works properly.

At least for the split it would be needed to have the export feature offered again.

So PLEASE at least bring back the possibility to export.

Any idea on when the next version is supposed to come ?

I have tried so many things meanwhile:

Pure 2 and7or KPM 5 seems to be the last version that allows export.

Database format then was PWS, new format is stored as SPDB files.

Pure 2 nor KPM 5 can interpret SPDB file format.

How to interpret SPDB or export it in any manner ?

Edited by zac_df1

Welcome back to zac_df1

<_< This topic it has been discussed enough. I'll provide you some final replies

Thank you. To state the obvious: KPM is not working any more for many sites (Firefox latest version) i.e. I have a product that is NOT working.

I have already installed another PWM (KeePass) that is working on any of the sites KPM does not work anymore. Having this in parallel I can migrate case by case instead of doing cut+paste for hundreds of accounts due to missing export.

The new KPM is like that since its release. Therefore I was using still Pure 3. Now, with W10, I'm forced to use the new one which is NOT working.

Please allow me to state that the product support here is very weak. With this learning I will quit using KPM after many years. I do hope that the other products along Total Security don't get worse the same as KPM once was working brilliantly.

I wish you a nice day and best regards

Edited by zac_df1

I discovered a way to export passwords from Pure 3.0 Password Manager. The key is the default.spdb file stored in folder Passwords Database in the documents folder.

I downloaded and installed a free product called Sticky Password. This product supports the import of the Kaspersky spdb password file and it has an export function that supports several file types including *.pws, *.xml and *.txt.

I started the Sticky Password program, setup my account, created a master password and without doing anything else I was able to directly import the Pure 3.0 default.spdb file. I then used the Export password function in Sticky Password to create a file. I chose the *.txt option and did a quick browse of the file and it looks like the passwords were there.

I then uninstalled Sticky Password because I am holding out hope that Kaspersky PM will finally be updated to a useful product. I am still using Pure 3.0 for now but may look at Sticky Password if I finally give up on Kaspersky.

I hope this helps.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much. Sticky PW allowed me to export and then import into my new PWM.

I am using it for a while now and meanwhile deactivated KPWM as it is not working for many sites and as I imported the PWs meanwhile.

Please allow me to state, that KPWM, which I licensed through Total Security, is not working any more as it used to be. The bug got reported by me (and others) and no reaction so far.

This is sad to see, especially as not even a word from anybody from the KPM team was mentioned here, if this is regarded as a bug or not and/or will ever be resolved or not.

:dash1: :icon20: :angry:

So I will in future no longer purchase Total Security, but solely Internet Security.

Edited by zac_df1

Thank you very much. Sticky PW allowed me to export and then import into my new PWM.

I am using it for a while now and meanwhile deactivated KPWM as it is not working for many sites and as I imported the PWs meanwhile.

Please allow me to state, that KPWM, which I licensed through Total Security, is not working any more as it used to be. The bug got reported by me (and others) and no reaction so far.

This is sad to see, especially as not even a word from anybody from the KPM team was mentioned here, if this is regarded as a bug or not and/or will ever be resolved or not.

:dash1: :icon20: :angry:

So I will in future no longer purchase Total Security, but solely Internet Security.

zac_df1,

The new release of KPM is available. I decided to try it out. I installed the latest KTS and then the new KPM. So far the new KPM is working much better on almost all of the web sites that I was having problems with. Unfortunately KPM still does not seem to work for the Microsoft Outlook 2013 application. I have opened a ticket with My Kaspersky Technical support. At least some progress has been made with KPM. It is working sufficiently well enough that it looks like I will stay with KTS and KPM for now.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.