Prius

KIS2016: Internet Explorer 11 don't Remember My Login

Hello,

Since the installation of KIS2016 my Internet Explorer 11 won't anymore Remember My Login for all Sites where I've checked "Remember me". E.g.: "Kaspersky Forum".

After many research, I've isolated the cause : This problem is started after in a fresh install KIS2016, when I have in “Additional Tools”, in "Browser Configuration", performs the "Recommended Action": "Microsoft Internet Explorer: some websites have saved cookies on your computer" !

Naturally, I've tried a "Roll back changes", BUT this "Recommended Action" is Not in the choice proposed by "Roll back changes" !

This problem is Permanent and reproducible.

At present I’ve 5 pc Win8.1 64bit En with this problem.

Once the setting "Microsoft Internet Explorer: some websites have saved cookies on your computer"is activated by KIS2016, it seems there are no Undo possible !

What does Not work:

A “Roll back changes” in KIS2016

- A “Reset” of All IE 11 settings in IE Tools, Internet Options, Advanced

- A “Restore” to a previous “Restore point” in System Protection

What works:

- Using another browser (e.g.: Firefox)

- Make and configure a new User Session (this bug seems to be on “Users” level related and not on “Local Machine” level !).

- PS: If again the “Recommended action” is apply to a new Session where IE11 is working correctly, then again “IE11 won't anymore Remember My Login” permanently!!!

This seems to me a “bug” in KIS2016 ?

Any help, would be welcome… :)

Kaspersky > Additional Tools > Browser Configuration > Recommended Action > Microsoft Internet Explorer: Some websites have saved cookies on your computer:

You are reporting that this can not be undone.

Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

a. Description of the issue.

b. Screenshot, as needed.

c. GSI

Kaspersky > Additional Tools > Browser Configuration > Recommended Action > Microsoft Internet Explorer: Some websites have saved cookies on your computer:

You are reporting that this can not be undone.

Affirmative, it can't be undone !

OK, I will report it to Kaspersky Tech Support.

The problem is solved ! :rolleyes:

KIS 2016 had removed all Access Rights of the folder "\Low" in the following path: "C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCookies\Low"

The solution was to restore all rights to access the \Low (do inherit the folder \Low from all Access Rights of its parent \INetCookies)

Warning: \ Low folder is a "Hidden" folder and "System" !!!

- The Cookies are saved in the "\INetCookies" folder when the "Protected Mode in Security tab" is deactivated.

- However they are saved in the "\Low" folder when the "Protected Mode in Security tab" is activated (Recommended Mode !).

As “\Low” folder was no longer accessible, No Cookies, and suddenly more Automatic Log In !!!

Happy New Year to Everybody :bs:

Thank you for posting the solution.

Please inform Tech Support of your findings.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.