SAJFLAD

KTS16 Apparently Blocking Win10 from Updating

Well, what a merry dance KTS16 has led me over the last couple of months!

I'm using a pc updated to Win10 Home from Win8.1, along with KTS16(d). A couple of months ago I noticed Win10 home (pre vs 1511) wasn't updating either automatically or manually. After a couple of weeks of this I reinstalled Win 8.1 and then Win 10 (which took two days, including my own programs).

After the initial updates, during installation, Win 10 again stopped updating. After a couple of weeks I reinstalled Win 10 only but again it stopped updating (a day gone doing that). Last weekend, after again no updates auto or manually, I reinstalled win8.1 and win 10, which by now is on vs 1511. again no updates until today.

I couldn't think why it kept stopping updating, because I'm using all the same progs from when it was updating two or three months ago. However, I tried turning off KTS16 and unchecking load at boot, exiting and then rebooting, and running windows update again. You've guessed it: Windows updated perfectly. Therefore, I then restarted KTS, rebooted and now don't expect to be able to update

windows again unless I disable kasp again. What a pain.

The next thing of course is to determine which bit of KTS is the culprit by turning bits off one at a time. The problem with that is that I don't know when microsoft will be issuing updates, therefore, all I can think to do is leave it for a week between disabling each kts component - at that rate it could take months!

Therefore, anyone any ideas which components I could try disabling first as the likely culprits.

I could supply a GSI report but note that I've reinstalled win10 three times now with it happening after each install, so any thoughts on that?

Regards

Edited by totallybaffled

I have seen a tiny amount of reports for this issue in all of the language sections of this forum. Maybe two topic threads recently.

This is a very important issue, so you should contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

a. Description of the issue.

b. Screenshot, as needed.

c. GSI

Please also post your current GSI link here.

Thanks richbuff, I'll do the GSI report and contact them tomorrow.

Oddly, it's good to know that it's not just my pc setup that's the problem.

Regards

Hi

A quick update.

Win10 (vs 1511) updated automatically this morning. Perhaps unchecking load at start-up and turning KTS16 off, rebooting so KTS16 is not running, then enabling it and checking load at start-up, then rebooting so KTS16 runs again, is a simple workaround until the reason for it apparently stopping win10 from updating can be determined.

There's probably no point in providing a GSI at present as whatever may have been preventing updating may not currently be present. If the problem reoccurs I'll contact tech support with appropriate info at that time.

Regards.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.