daniel.bosshard

KES10 SP1 MR2: can't edit Policy created in virtual Admin Server [Solved]

Hello,

when I create a new policy for KES10 SP1 MR2 inside a virtual Administration Server all settings are greyed out and can't be edited. When creating a policy in Security Center directly (not inside a virtual Administration server) it works as expected.

It doesn't matter if its a plain new policy or if I choose to copy settings from a minor version policy nor if I choose to us a configuration file. Policies for older versions work well.

KSC 10, Patch D applied and Plugin for KES10SP1MR2 installed.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Daniel

post-283316-1450187120_thumb.png

post-283316-1450187128_thumb.png

Hello,

when I create a new policy for KES10 SP1 MR2 inside a virtual Administration Server all settings are greyed out and can't be edited. When creating a policy in Security Center directly (not inside a virtual Administration server) it works as expected.

It doesn't matter if its a plain new policy or if I choose to copy settings from a minor version policy nor if I choose to us a configuration file. Policies for older versions work well.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Daniel

Hello,

please specify agent version and attach a screen shot of parent policy on tab "General".

Thank you.

Hello,

please specify agent version and attach a screen shot of parent policy on tab "General".

Thank you.

This virtual administration server is part of the KSC and the agent version is equal.

An inherit policy makes no sense for vitual servers. Please create the policies not on the top level.

Hello,

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Daniel

Hello.

Please check Security tab of the server's properties; It looks like the account you are working in the Console under has no permissions set in the "KES 10 SP1 MR2" section.

Thank you.

Hello.

Please check Security tab of the server's properties; It looks like the account you are working in the Console under has no permissions set in the "KES 10 SP1 MR2" section.

Thank you.

Hello,

you're right. It seems that permissions for virtual admin servers are not automaticaly applied if adding new plugin.

Adding permissions and now it works!

Thank You!

Best regards,

Daniel

Hi,

We will consider this topic as solved.

Please evaluate support help by using "Rating" option!

BR

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.