lepphce1

The following processes affect the update installation [In progress]

A highly frustrating occurrence for our users (and me, since I get the complaints from the helpdesk staff) is to get messages such as "The following processes affect the update installation." They don't know what to hit, helpdesk calls are generated, and often the update never gets installed. Will this be fixed in the new version? In this case, why can't it be scheduled to be installed on reboot without prompt? Please see attached screenshot. Thanks!

post-542236-1447784275_thumb.png

Hi,

Could you please describe the issue with more detailes?

Please provide us with installation logs and GSI report.

Thank you!

This happens when we are pushing patches to various applications. The screenshot illustrates an Apple service not being able to update. How should I get the file to you?

This happens when we are pushing patches to various applications. The screenshot illustrates an Apple service not being able to update. How should I get the file to you?

Hello,

please describe every step one-by-one illustrating them by screen shots.

Finally we'll be able to understand that you mean.

Do you use Beta SP2 ?

Thank you.

Hello,

please describe every step one-by-one illustrating them by screen shots.

Finally we'll be able to understand that you mean.

Do you use Beta SP2 ?

Thank you.

I'm not sure what screenshots I could provide. I hit "Run" on the "Install application updates and fix vulnerabilities" in the KSC, and all of my clients with Apple iTunes installed receive the message as illustrated in attached screenshot.

I am not using the Beta software, rather putting a suggestion for improvement in future releases.

Thanks,

Hi,

Please clarify what products and versions do you use?

What products have clients where this message appears?

BR

Hi,

Please clarify what products and versions do you use?

What products have clients where this message appears?

BR

We are using KSC 10 SP1 with Patch D. Network agent 10.2.434 with Patch D on the clients too. I do have an GSI report from an affected workstation if you would like to see that (PM me login info if u wish). This appears to be when the network agent is trying to update the "Apple Mobile Device support" software. I'm not sure what version is being updated with that particular software. I apologize, I'm not sure what else you would like to know.

Hi,

Do you need an access to FTP or it`s suitable to use file sharing resource?

Thank yoU!

I've PM'ed Central Support the link to the file.