ezebob2

Zero Day buffer overflow vulnerability in Kaspersky

It has been revealed publicly by various parties that Kaspersky products are affected. Also a patch was supposedly released to fix it.

How to we know if we are vulnerable or if we have the patch?

Edited by ezebob2

Thank you, Rudger79. I missed that post.

I am still concerned about verifying the patch has been applied, Please see my post in the link you provided (above)

I find it astonishing that a vulnerability this severe affecting the core of Kaspersky's product(s) has been "fixed" with a simple database update!

The manner that this has been handled publicly by Kaspersky does not provide any confidence that this is a permanent fix, but rather a quick and dirty temporary patch while the real problem is worked on.

I find it difficult to comprehend how in less than 24 hours a fix has been made in the core of all Kaspersky's products, yet windows 10 incompatibilities (pin to start) have been in the works for what seems like forever.

This whole episode feels more like damage control.

As a long time (10+ years) satisfied Kaspersky customer my confidence has been severely damaged, possibly irreparably, by this, and other recent events.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.