SmackIT

GCM - Google Cloud Messaging - KESM 10 SP1 [in progress]

The purpose of GCM integration is not to wait for next synchronization with the Administration Server for sending commands.

But, is it possible to control a mobile device via GCM that is now on a different network and not connected with Administration Server?

Or, is it absolutely necessary to have a connection between Administration Server and mobile device all the time to be able to use GCM as well?

The purpose of GCM integration is not to wait for next synchronization with the Administration Server for sending commands.

But, is it possible to control a mobile device via GCM that is now on a different network and not connected with Administration Server?

Or, is it absolutely necessary to have a connection between Administration Server and mobile device all the time to be able to use GCM as well?

Hello,

please specify KL product version that you use.

Thank you.

Hello,

I think if the device is not connected to the KSC, commands can be sent to GCM which will then forward them to the device but the result (success / failure) won't be visible in the Administration Console.

If the KSC Administration Server is in the local netwotk, it is advised to put a connection gateway (or a slave administration server) in DMZ so that mobile devices can be managed wherever they are located.

Dear SmackIT,

You can send the commands without KSC involvement, e.g. via sms, but you still won't be able to control them (by "control" I mean seeing the status of the device and receiving all the info from the device).

So in this case, as you've mentioned, GCM can surely be used as a tool for sending commands (via KSC Console), but the device should be able to connect to the server in order to let you know its status, the results of the command and, for example, decide what should be done next.

By the way, in order to keep an eye on the managed devices, you may set an external address during the "Mobile devices support" component installation in order to let the devices connect wherever they are.

Regards,

Alexandra

Hello,

I think if the device is not connected to the KSC, commands can be sent to GCM which will then forward them to the device but the result (success / failure) won't be visible in the Administration Console.

If the KSC Administration Server is in the local netwotk, it is advised to put a connection gateway (or a slave administration server) in DMZ so that mobile devices can be managed wherever they are located.

Thank you Tybilly for your inputs.

I tried this -- but the device did not perform as expected.

For example, I sent the alarm command -- but it was not executed on the device.

Whereas, when the device is connected with Administration Server -- the response was instant.

So, that made me think even with GCM the device needs to be connected with Administration Server for the execution.

Did you try this use-case? Was the result same?

Edited by SmackIT

Whereas, when the device is connected with Administration Server -- the response was instant.

So, that made me think even with GCM the device needs to be connected with Administration Server for the execution.

Hi,

Please let us clarify the information and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank You!

GCM – commands are getting executed independently no matter whether a device is connected to an administration server or not thus what you are experiencing does probably mean that GCM is not working properly. Please check you proxy setting and access to this resource https://android.googleapis.com/gcm/send

Thank You!

GCM – commands are getting executed independently no matter whether a device is connected to an administration server or not thus what you are experiencing does probably mean that GCM is not working properly. Please check you proxy setting and access to this resource https://android.googleapis.com/gcm/send

Thank You!

Okay. Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.