Abissa

VBSCRIPT throw Incorrect function error when KES10.2.2.10535 (mr1) is present on the machine [In progress]

Hi All,

We are planning to deploy KES10 to our company laptops (we used another anti-virus before) and we are running through a weird behaviour with Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows (KES 10.2.2.10535 (mr1).

The problem:

We have a .vbs script running at logon which job is to set taskbar icon. This script has worked for many years now.

When we install KES 10.2.2.10535 and reboot the script is running fine but as soon as KES10 is updated to Maintenance Release 1 ( 10.2.2.10535 mr1 ) the vbs script throw an error at Logon: "Execution of the Windows script host failed.(Incorrect function.)". See WSHError.JPG attached.

I think the update to mr1 is done through the task "Install Definition update".

I have come to the conclusion that this is not an application control issue (the rules are in test Mode) and the "Allow All" rule is still on but I did whitelist the script anyway and I can confirm that they are not blocked by KES application control.

I tested on 3 different laptop models, the error occurs always when mr1 has been installed.

I tested with all Kaspersky services stopped, the error still occurs (with mr1).

Uninstalling KES10.2.2.10535 (mr1) and the script runs fine again.

Installing KES 10.2.2.10535 (without mr1) and the script is running fine as well.

All laptops are Windows 7, I can't reproduce the error on my Win8.1 machine.

I have attached screenshot of script error and the script itself as txt file.

I can't pinpoint what is causing this. Nothing relevant in Windows Logs nor Kaspersky Event log.

Now my problem is how I can update anti-virus definition pattern/DB without having the mr1 update installed since it seems to me that mr1 update is causing this issue ?

We are using Kaspersky Security Center 10, NetAgent is 10.2.434.

Thank you for your support.

Serge

post-566586-1441196758_thumb.jpg

SetTaskbar.txt

Hi All,

We are planning to deploy KES10 to our company laptops (we used another anti-virus before) and we are running through a weird behaviour with Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows (KES 10.2.2.10535 (mr1).

The problem:

We have a .vbs script running at logon which job is to set taskbar icon. This script has worked for many years now.

When we install KES 10.2.2.10535 and reboot the script is running fine but as soon as KES10 is updated to Maintenance Release 1 ( 10.2.2.10535 mr1 ) the vbs script throw an error at Logon: "Execution of the Windows script host failed.(Incorrect function.)". See WSHError.JPG attached.

I think the update to mr1 is done through the task "Install Definition update".

I have come to the conclusion that this is not an application control issue (the rules are in test Mode) and the "Allow All" rule is still on but I did whitelist the script anyway and I can confirm that they are not blocked by KES application control.

I tested on 3 different laptop models, the error occurs always when mr1 has been installed.

I tested with all Kaspersky services stopped, the error still occurs (with mr1).

Uninstalling KES10.2.2.10535 (mr1) and the script runs fine again.

Installing KES 10.2.2.10535 (without mr1) and the script is running fine as well.

All laptops are Windows 7, I can't reproduce the error on my Win8.1 machine.

I have attached screenshot of script error and the script itself as txt file.

I can't pinpoint what is causing this. Nothing relevant in Windows Logs nor Kaspersky Event log.

Now my problem is how I can update anti-virus definition pattern/DB without having the mr1 update installed since it seems to me that mr1 update is causing this issue ?

We are using Kaspersky Security Center 10, NetAgent is 10.2.434.

Thank you for your support.

Serge

Hello,

please try to disable every KES component one-by-one to recognize the problem one.

Thank you.

Hello,

please try to disable every KES component one-by-one to recognize the problem one.

Thank you.

I disabled all components and policy and I'm still getting the incorrect function error. I uninstalled KES10 mr1 on the laptop and the script runs fine again. Reinstalled KES10 (10.2.2.10535) the script runs fine. Once KES10 is updated to 10.2.2.10535 (MR1), I get the script error.

post-566586-1441285035_thumb.jpg

I disabled all components and policy and I'm still getting the incorrect function error. I uninstalled KES10 mr1 on the laptop and the script runs fine again. Reinstalled KES10 (10.2.2.10535) the script runs fine. Once KES10 is updated to 10.2.2.10535 (MR1), I get the script error.

Hi,

Do I understand correctly that exiting the product does not help either? Did you try to disable NDIS filter temporarily to check whether it affects the script execution?

Thank You!

Hi,

Do I understand correctly that exiting the product does not help either? Did you try to disable NDIS filter temporarily to check whether it affects the script execution?

Thank You!

Yes that is correct. Even with all Kaspersky components and services stopped, the script error occurs.

I uninstalled the NDIS filter as described here http://support.kaspersky.com/9990#block4 and still the script error occurs.

I disabled all components and stopped all KL services in Windows and the script error is still there.

And finally after uninstalling KES10 and reboot, the script runs fine again. :dash1: but reinstalling KES10 and the script error comes back.

Erratum: On my original post I said that it was only when version 10.2.2.10535mr1 has been installed but it happens with 10.2.2.10535 as well.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.