Sign in to follow this  
SAJFLAD

Trouble downloading correct KTS installer.

Hi

I currently have kis15...361 ( c ) installed on my pc, and have just purchased Kasp total security - multi device - 3 licenses (1 year), online, via the renewal links in kis15 and the kasp.co.uk.

this is my problem.

I follow the link in the order summary, http: //www.kaspersky.co.uk/downloads/total-security-multi-device to download the installation file.

I download the file and then click on the file to download the full product. However, it then, basically, asks me if I want to install the product rather than save it. I click install, and basically, it then stops the installation telling me that I have kis installed, uninstall it first.

What I would like to be able to do is to download the full product and save it to my pc, from where I can then go offline, uninstall kis15 etc, and clean install total security while offline.

Therefore, is it possible to download the full total security product to save it to pc to install, otherwise I'll have to uninstall kis15, go online and then download and install total security, with no protection enabled?

Thanks.

I follow the link in the order summary, http: //www.kaspersky.co.uk/downloads/total-security-multi-device to download the installation file.

I download the file and then click on the file to download the full product. However, it then, basically, asks me if I want to install the product rather than save it. I click install, and basically, it then stops the installation telling me that I have kis installed, uninstall it first.

I don't know what version of Windows you are on, but that dialog window usually offers 2 options: "Install"/"Run" or "Save".

You said you clicked "Install".

What happens if if you click "Save"?

Personally, I would perform clean upgrade from KIS 2015 to KTS 2015 (the current version offered in your region).

That's just my personal preference to minimize the chance of problems when moving from one product to another.

I would go HERE and download the KTS installer and save it. In fact, the ONLY option when I click the green download button is to "SAVE". :)

I would make sure I have my 20-digit activation code for KTS 2015.

I would then cleanly uninstall KIS 2015, keeping nothing (EDIT: incorrect info removed) and reboot.

I would then run the KTS 2015 installer > reboot > update > reboot.

Cheers,

MM

EDITED for clarity and to remove incorrect information.

I would then cleanly uninstall KIS 2015 (perhaps keeping only the license info) and reboot.

I would then run the KTS 2015 installer > reboot > update > reboot.

Hi MoxieMomma! :bs:

KIS and KTS are two different products. I don't think keeping the license data from KIS2015 would work with an installation of KTS. Probably best not to choose this option during the uninstall. :rolleyes:

Dave...

Hi MoxieMomma! :bs:

KIS and KTS are two different products. I don't think keeping the license data from KIS2015 would work with an installation of KTS. Probably best not to choose this option during the uninstall. :rolleyes:

Dave...

OOPS!

My bad!

Geritol and Caffeine titers are too low.

Will edit accordingly.

Good catch!

MM

Hi

yes, i'm upgrading from KIS15 to KTS. I can download and save the installation file (1.5MB), but upon clicking the installation file I am only given the option to install, not save or install. Therefore, is there some way to 'save' the full product so I can do a clean install offline?

Thanks

Ah, I see now what you mean.

It seems that the KTS installer is just a "stub".

I was not aware of that.

But everywhere I looked just now, I could only find that "stub" installer. (The Global and US sites offer KTS 2016.)

It might be the only way to go.

If you are behind a router with robust configuration, I would think you would OK for the few minutes needed to pull down the full setup file and run it.

We'll need to wait for @dh27564, @Richbuff, or someone else smarter than I either to confirm or to refute this.

Cheers,

Ah, I see now what you mean.

It seems that the KTS installer is just a "stub".

I was not aware of that.

But everywhere I looked just now, I could only find that "stub" installer. (The Global and US sites offer KTS 2016.)

It might be the only way to go.

If you are behind a router with robust configuration, I would think you would OK for the few minutes needed to pull down the full setup file and run it.

We'll need to wait for @dh27564, @Richbuff, or someone else smarter than I either to confirm or to refute this.

Cheers,

Ok, thanks, hopefully they'll come back and reply.

Regards

Please see: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=329137

Any better after that?

Hi

thanks for your reply.

From what I can make out, the link you provide refers to a cd, which I don't have, or to downloading the installer, which then allows the downloading of the full KTS product. It's the installer which is my problem. I could remove kis15 while offline, reboot, go online, run the installer to download KTS and then install. The problem is that this means I would have to run the installer and download KTS while online, while having no internet security enabled, so that's why I wanted to download and 'save' KTS prior to a clean install, so I could clean install it offline. Therefore, is it possible to download and 'save' the full KTS to my PC so I can download it while still having kis15 enabled, and then clean install KTS offline?

Thanks

Hi

thanks for your reply.

From what I can make out, the link you provide refers to a cd, which I don't have, or to downloading the installer, which then allows the downloading of the full KTS product. It's the installer which is my problem. I could remove kis15 while offline, reboot, go online, run the installer to download KTS and then install. The problem is that this means I would have to run the installer and download KTS while online, while having no internet security enabled, so that's why I wanted to download and 'save' KTS prior to a clean install, so I could clean install it offline. Therefore, is it possible to download and 'save' the full KTS to my PC so I can download it while still having kis15 enabled, and then clean install KTS offline?

Thanks

Greetings,

In addition to RichBuff, and rudger79 posts; you might want to try, and contact Kaspersky support (Kaspersky UK support that is). Explain this situation, and

see if they can't either *Not sure on their company procedure, and may prevent what I'm about to say* email you a link to a full installer package that

you can download, and install offline. Or if they can email it to you in a zipfile.

Couldn't hurt to ask....or maybe it can. :D

Regards,

Edited by ?Id?

What browser are you using? Internet Explorer? http://247support.custhelp.com/app/answers...-prompt-appears

Or other?

Hi all, thanks for your replies.

I've been using Firefox.

If I'd requested a cd when purchasing KTS (upgrdading from KIS15) I wouldn't have this problem but I didn't think I needed a cd because having used KIS for years I've always been able to download the full product while having kis enabled and then clean install the download offline - simple.

What's happening now is that I can download the KTS installer, where I get the download prompt to save or run the installer; i select 'save.' Then, when running the saved installer, I get the 'install' prompt from the installer, as shown in the screenshot, which only offers the option to install rather 'install' or 'save'. To clean install KTS I would have to uninstall kis15 e.g. offline, then go online and run the installer to download/install the full product, which may/may not present risks during the time of the download/install process. Therefore, I would ideally be able to download and save the full KTS product and clean install it offline.

post-442040-1440325749_thumb.jpg

I've since had the bright idea of downloading the trial version of KTS to see if that would give me the full product but all it allowed was again just the installer, which once running, only allowed to 'install' rather than 'save.' I just don't understand how kasp expect us to be able to clean install the product without being online with no protection while downloading/installing the product, or having a cd.

Therefore, is it possible to download and 'save' the full KTS product, and if I can't, what does anyone think about uninstalling kis15 offline, then going online and running the installer and downloading/installing KTS without any protection enabled for the time it takes to do it?

Thanks

Edited by totallybaffled

Ok, I'm afraid I've been on a wild goose chase. It turns out that in the email I received about my order for KTS, I was able to click on a link to go to a kaspersky digital river site from where I can then download the full KTS product. Problem solved. Unfortunately, I hadn't realised this to start with so apologies and thanks for your replies.

Regards

Edited by richbuff
You're welcome; I am glad that this is resolved. This is closed as resolved; please post anew if need be. :)