st1led

Chromecast problem: Google Cast Extension says "No Cast devices found" when "Scan encrypted connections" is on

Hi everybody, I'm having a little problem with Kaspersky Total Security 16.0.0.614(a). The setting Settings > Additional > Network > Encrypted connections scanning > Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components seems to block my Chromecast, and make me not able to cast tabs in Google Chrome. When I disable the setting, everything works as expected. This has probably something to do with a self-signed certificate the extension uses to communicate with the Chromecast, because whenever I open try to cast something with the setting on, I see a Kaspersky notification telling me not to trust a self-signed certificate.

I understand this workaround is enough to make things work, but I don't feel it is an optimal solution. Any ideas?

Hi everybody, I'm having a little problem with Kaspersky Total Security 16.0.0.614(a). The setting Settings > Additional > Network > Encrypted connections scanning > Scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components seems to block my Chromecast, and make me not able to cast tabs in Google Chrome. When I disable the setting, everything works as expected. This has probably something to do with a self-signed certificate the extension uses to communicate with the Chromecast, because whenever I open try to cast something with the setting on, I see a Kaspersky notification telling me not to trust a self-signed certificate.

I understand this workaround is enough to make things work, but I don't feel it is an optimal solution. Any ideas?

Just tried this myself and all working well here. Casting is fine.

Thank you for your hint. I just contacted the Tech Support, will come back here for further developments.

I am currently experiencing the same issue. Cannot connect to chromecast from chrome browser when scanning encrypted connections is enabled. For me it is mandatory to scan encripted connections so I don't what to do.

Please come back with whatever the tech support comes with.

I am currently experiencing the same issue. Cannot connect to chromecast from chrome browser when scanning encrypted connections is enabled. For me it is mandatory to scan encripted connections so I don't what to do.

Please come back with whatever the tech support comes with.

I do have this issue and it is very irritation. I am expecting Kaspersky to fix this issue. I don't disable encrypt connection scan, as suggested before.

I have the same problem with Windows 10 and the Kaspersky 16.0.0.614(a). Chromecast works fine from Youtube but I get this really annoying device missing error in the Chromecast extension in the chrome browser version 45.0.2454.93 m. Turning off the scan encrypted settings seems to fix the problem. For those concerned about deactivating this feature it seems that it only has to be off when you load Chrome. Once Chrome is up and running and the Chromecast has been found you can turn encrypted connection scanning back on and the Chromecast continues to work, at least my setup. A bit of a nuisance but workable until the bug is fixed.

Edited by KimNB

I have the same problem with Windows 10 and the Kaspersky 16.0.0.614(a). Chromecast works fine from Youtube but I get this really annoying device missing error in the Chromecast extension in the chrome browser version 45.0.2454.93 m. Turning off the scan encrypted settings seems to fix the problem. For those concerned about deactivating this feature it seems that it only has to be off when you load Chrome. Once Chrome is up and running and the Chromecast has been found you can turn encrypted connection scanning back on and the Chromecast continues to work, at least my setup. A bit of a nuisance but workable until the bug is fixed.

This doesn't normally happens with the other chrome cast users. This may have something to do with the way you configured your Kaspersky. If you did.

"only if you think you've changed your kaspersky's settings"

Go to Settings (bottom left corner)

General

Click on the green "manage settings" on your lower right and click restore.

Any better after that?

Keep me in touch

Update: the tech support suggested me to add google chrome as a trusted application, and not to scan encrypted traffic only there (Settings > Additional > threats and exclusions > Specify Trusted Applications). This is better than just avoiding to scan all encrypted traffic, but is still a suboptimal solution.

The issue persists even after the update to v. 16.0.0.614(B ) that happened few days back. Resetting all settings didn't do the trick either.

Update: the tech support suggested me to add google chrome as a trusted application, and not to scan encrypted traffic only there (Settings > Additional > threats and exclusions > Specify Trusted Applications). This is better than just avoiding to scan all encrypted traffic, but is still a suboptimal solution.

The issue persists even after the update to v. 16.0.0.614(B ) that happened few days back. Resetting all settings didn't do the trick either.

For those interested in the issue: the update to 16.0.0.614© didn't fix it either.

With a fresh install with 16.0.0.614 without any default setting changes I have also experienced this problem with the Chromecast.

Kaspersky > Settings > Additional > Network > Do not scan encrypted connections. Any better after that?

The Kaspersky protection plugin needs to be enabled than it works, at least that did the trick for me

Edited by aapgorilla

Kaspersky > Settings > Additional > Network > Do not scan encrypted connections. Any better after that?

don´t work

post-160010-1450181074_thumb.png

Danke, habe jetzt unter "Einstellungen -> Erweitert -> Gefahren und Ausnahmen -> vertrauenswürdige Programme angeben"

Chromcast App und Google Chrom wie im Screenshot eingestellt jetzt funktioniert es.

Die "Do not scan encrypted Connections" (sichere Verbindungen nicht untersuchen) habe ich wieder zurück genommen.

Danke!!

Gruß georgb

post-160010-1450206003_thumb.png

post-160010-1450206017_thumb.png

also got this recent blockage on Chromecasting from Chrome.

I added Chromecast extention to Chrome and this error started happening.

cast does connect BUT with an error. the browser page will appear on TV but not connected, can't scroll, etc.

any word on how to fix this and stop Kaspersky from blocking it? turning off encrypted scan isn't the answer

post-584698-1451616806_thumb.png

I have the exact same issue like st1led described in the first message. And I also get the notification with a problem of the self signed certificate chromecast uses.

Turning scan encrypted connections off works. I didn't test adding Chrome to Trusted Applications. Making the application which I use to access the dangerous internet seems like a very very bad idea to me.

Turning off Kaspersky completely works too, but neither of those things is a solution to the problem!

Turning scan encrypted connections off works. I didn't test adding Chrome to Trusted Applications. Making the application which I use to access the dangerous internet seems like a very very bad idea to me.

Turning off Kaspersky completely works too, but neither of those things is a solution to the problem!

Adding only Chromecast as a trusted application and setting Kaspersky to not scan the encrypted connections works. No need to do the same for Chrome.

Edited by Daniel Braga

I have been having the same problem and I have not even had Kaspersky for an entire day. I talked to the chromecast support for nearly and hour before getting cut off and never got any kind of solution. i then had come to the conclusion that it had to be Kaspersky causing the issue. i have scrolled through the forums. i have tried many if not all of the solutions that are given. all i am looking for is some kind of solid solution. or is this something that is going to have to wait till an update from either provider?