Sign in to follow this  
SAJFLAD

Kasp identifies Adobe Rdr as vulnerable...

Hi

Some months ago (can't find my original post) I posted that KIS identified Adobe reader (vs 10...) as vulnerable, yet gave the link to update to the version which itself identified as vulnerable. After searching on Adobe I then updated to reader vs 11.0.11 which subsequent KIS vulnerability scans seemed happy with i.e. did not identify as vulnerable.

Now, kasp is doing the same thing again. Today, after running a vulnerability scan, KIS15...361 ( c ) identifies my installed Adobe reader vs 11.0.11 as vulnerable, and yet again is giving a link to a version of reader it itself identifies as vulnerable. Screenshot 1

post-442040-1437669724_thumb.jpg

shows that affected versions are e.g. versions earlier than 11.0.12 and gives a link to update to the latest version.

The problems with this are, first, hovering over the link (in darker blue) shows in the status bar that the link is to vs 11.0.10, which is itself a vulnerable vs, and second, after searching the Adobe.com/UK website, screenshot 2

post-442040-1437669757_thumb.jpg

shows that vs 11.0.12 doesn't even exist, the vs recommended to update from.

In short, I have no idea how to update to a version that I can't get hold of and which presumably kis won't id. as vulnerable.

11.0.12 does exist. You need to go to https://get.adobe.com/reader/ to get the latest version. Make sure to uncheck the option on the first page that will try to install McAfee Security scan.

Always go straight to adobe site itself and the latest version will be available.

11.0.12 does exist. You need to go to https://get.adobe.com/reader/ to get the latest version. Make sure to uncheck the option on the first page that will try to install McAfee Security scan.

Always go straight to adobe site itself and the latest version will be available

Thanks Rudger79

Perhaps I'm being dense but the link you provide leads to the very adobe webpage I show in screenshot 2, which shows that only up to vs 11.0.10 is available, not up to 11.0.12.

However, I've just uninstalled vs 11.x and installed vs 10.1.4 and oddly enough, after installation, an adobe webpage opened showing vs 11.0.12, which was not in the drop down box on the page you link to or I show in the screenshot. So, if anyone wants vs 11.0.12, install vs 10.x first and wait for the page to show linking to vs 11.0.12 - what a palaver. Anyway, the kis page in screenshot 1 still links to the wrong vs, which ideally would be changed to link to the correct vs i.e. 11.0.12.

Edited by totallybaffled

Another way of updating Adobe Reader IV is to open the application in Programs. Once the Adobe UI box opens, go to the Help tab then in the drop down menu select Check for Updates. If there is an update it will ask you if you want to download to the latest version.

I usually do that once a month along with other applications that have reoccurring updates.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.