LupeJ

WiFi insecure

Hi, when I turn on my laptop & open the internet access, I get a popup from Kaspersky that says my Wi-Fi network is insecure. Why is that and how do I make it "secure"?

Thank you,

What is the exact Kaspersky build number? (pass mouse cursor over the red K tray icon)

What is the exact Kaspersky build number? (pass mouse cursor over the red K tray icon)

Please excuse my ignorance, but as I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "build", do I pass the mouse over the pop-up message itself?

Thank you,

I have this same issue, that is, notification from Kaspersky that my Wifi is insecure. The number i get rolling the cursor over the red K is 15.0.2.361©

I have this same issue, that is, notification from Kaspersky that my Wifi is insecure. The number i get rolling the cursor over the red K is 15.0.2.361©

I get the same version that you have written here in your message. That version is on my desktop as well as my laptop. The desktop is hardwired to my PC but the laptop is not - it uses my Wi-Fi from my router...or something to that effect. I'm not savvy with the tech lingo. When I turn on my laptop & access the internet, that is when I see the message that "Your Public Wi-Fi is insecure" & then it lists my Wi-Fi number. But it's not a "public" network so that's why I'm confused & concerned.

Thanks,

I get the same first under win8.1 (64 bit) latest kaspersky 15(patch c) and now under win10 latest kaspersky 15 patch c and kaspersky 16, it happens with 2 different laptops. My network is wpa2 secured though (asus rt-ac66 running latest merlin-wrt firmware). This has been happening for the last 2-3 months

Edited by aapgorilla

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.