Sign in to follow this  
Tybilly

Possibility to deploy MR1 via KSC? [In progress]

Hello,

I have no problem to install MR1 update by modifying the update source of KES10 SP1.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to include such update in Security Center and distribute it automatically through the approve/reject feature.

This was announced as a new feature and this MR1 is an opportunity to test it.

Also when MR1 will be released, please confirm that installation won't require an upgrade (installation of a new KES10 SP1 MR1 package) of KES.

Thank you.

Hello,

I have no problem to install MR1 update by modifying the update source of KES10 SP1.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to include such update in Security Center and distribute it automatically through the approve/reject feature.

This was announced as a new feature and this MR1 is an opportunity to test it.

Also when MR1 will be released, please confirm that installation won't require an upgrade (installation of a new KES10 SP1 MR1 package) of KES.

Thank you.

Confirmed, will be no need to install new package. And yes, it will be possible to approve/reject MR1 on SC side.

Confirmed, will be no need to install new package. And yes, it will be possible to approve/reject MR1 on SC side.

Ok Thank you.

It's just too bad that we can't test deployment of MR1 through KSC during the beta-testing.

I set the corresponding update source in KSC and I was expecting to see the MR1 update in the list but it is not displayed.

Ok Thank you.

It's just too bad that we can't test deployment of MR1 through KSC during the beta-testing.

I set the corresponding update source in KSC and I was expecting to see the MR1 update in the list but it is not displayed.

It will displayed if you start group task from test source. But before start do not forget to set in task properties set "Install only approved updates", after that update will be displayed and you can choose on SC side approve/reject patch. After approve do not forget run task again.

It will displayed if you start group task from test source. But before start do not forget to set in task properties set "Install only approved updates", after that update will be displayed and you can choose on SC side approve/reject patch. After approve do not forget run task again.

I configured the group update task to download updates from http://dnl-test.kaspersky-labs.com/test/ep and enabled the option "Install only approved updates".

This task has been properly executed on 3 hosts, from the local update report I can see that update source is correct (http://dnl-test.kaspersky-labs.com/test/ep).

However, the MR1 update is not displayed in the Administration Console in the "software updates" node. There I can only see Microsoft and Third party updates, but the list is empty with the filter 'Source=Kaspersky Lab'.

I started the group update task several times, configured the download update to repositories task of KSC on the test update server as well, I also ran a search for volunerabilities and missing update task with no luck.

Administration Server is running KSC10 SP1 patch b, managed hosts are equipped with KES10 SP1.

What do I miss?

Thank you.

I configured the group update task to download updates from http://dnl-test.kaspersky-labs.com/test/ep and enabled the option "Install only approved updates".

This task has been properly executed on 3 hosts, from the local update report I can see that update source is correct (http://dnl-test.kaspersky-labs.com/test/ep).

However, the MR1 update is not displayed in the Administration Console in the "software updates" node. There I can only see Microsoft and Third party updates, but the list is empty with the filter 'Source=Kaspersky Lab'.

I started the group update task several times, configured the download update to repositories task of KSC on the test update server as well, I also ran a search for volunerabilities and missing update task with no luck.

Administration Server is running KSC10 SP1 patch b, managed hosts are equipped with KES10 SP1.

What do I miss?

Thank you.

Try to set field 'Source=Kaspersky Lab' and field 'Installation is required:>' leave empty, not a 0. And please check Available updates in hosts properties, MR1 must present in the list. If you will no have result we need traces from problem hosts after update tasks with trace level 600.

Thank you!

Try to set field 'Source=Kaspersky Lab' and field 'Installation is required:>' leave empty, not a 0.

It doesn't help, list of updates is still empty

And please check Available updates in hosts properties, MR1 must present in the list.

MR1 is not listed in available updates of host properties.

If you will no have result we need traces from problem hosts after update tasks with trace level 600.

Find requested logs here: ftp://Tybily@data8.kaspersky-labs.com/201...1206364-1324.7z

If you need the password for my account you can ask your colleagues from tech support or send me a PM.

Thanks

It doesn't help, list of updates is still empty

MR1 is not listed in available updates of host properties.

Find requested logs here: ftp://Tybily@data8.kaspersky-labs.com/201...1206364-1324.7z

If you need the password for my account you can ask your colleagues from tech support or send me a PM.

Thanks

Patch was not installed because host used not testing license key. Please set testing license key to host. The best way for you to run task "Add key" on SC side with unchecking checkbox "Add this key as an additional key".

Thank you!

Patch was not installed because host used not testing license key. Please set testing license key to host. The best way for you to run task "Add key" on SC side with unchecking checkbox "Add this key as an additional key".

Ok, it works much better with the testing license key. I thought this license was the same as a regular key and available for those who don't have licenses.

Description links for this update leads to the Russian KB and the landing page seems to be empty:

post-1491-1430927148_thumb.jpg

Thank you.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.