Dennis@firebridge.com.au

Outlook CPU usage increasing FIX

With change to Total security from Pure 3.0

CPU use of AVP increases each time Outlook runs send/receives to eventually take 100%

Un-install of Total security - restart and re - install does not fix problem

Turning off Anti spam does not fix.

Final fix I

Windows Control panel / Programs / Microsoft office / Right click / Change /

then run repair

restart

I now can open outlook send/receive no longer "times out" and CPU use of AVP.exe no longer increases with unclosed connections

I believe this has fixed this problem which has plagued me for a long 24 hours

I have advised this on Ticked I submitted and waiting on replies

Hope this may help someone else.

Welcome.

Please try the following:

(1) disable the module 'Mail Anti-Virus'

(2) do reboot the system

(3) start Mail-Client. It is better?

(4) exit Mail-Client

(5) do reboot the system

(6) activate the module 'Mail Anti-Virus'

(7) restart Mail-Client. It is still better?

Bye.

KM

Kaspersky auto update

when this occurs, the FIX fails and POP reads no longer close correctly and CPU use again climbs on each send/receive until CPU is 100%

Re run of OFFICE 10 Repair NO LONGER FIXES THE PROBLEM

now forced to run with Mail antivirus and spam check OFF

Does anyone know a solution I have no answer on by TICKET sent last week which was submitted with system report

With change to Total security from Pure 3.0

CPU use of AVP increases each time Outlook runs send/receives to eventually take 100%

Un-install of Total security - restart and re - install does not fix problem

Turning off Anti spam does not fix.

Final fix I

Windows Control panel / Programs / Microsoft office / Right click / Change /

then run repair

restart

I now can open outlook send/receive no longer "times out" and CPU use of AVP.exe no longer increases with unclosed connections

I believe this has fixed this problem which has plagued me for a long 24 hours

I have advised this on Ticked I submitted and waiting on replies

Hope this may help someone else.

This problem is known and will be fixed in upcoming patch B. It should be released in first weeks of May.

Please specify the incident number, so I could advice temporary solution.

I have had enough of Total Security and it almost frying my well spec'ed notebook... CPU at almost 100%, and laptop that hot you could cook on it is beyond a joke...

I have now removed it from my computer and gone back to PURE 3.0, CPU load now running at less than 1% for AVP.EXE NOT 100%

When they release a fix that works I may re-upgrade, but not until this is fixed

This problem is known and will be fixed in upcoming patch B. It should be released in first weeks of May.

Can you please update the forum regarding this fix? AVP.exe consuming resources constantly with Outlook displaying send and receive errors.

Tried clean install twice to no avail. Outlook seems to be the main trigger but not exclusively, noticed that AVP.exe running high CPU usage in background

while idle or some other applications. Often I come back to the machine and avp.exe running at CPU 100% usage despite machine being idle at desktop.

Also other errors appearing with Security Certificates with web sites that I know have no problems.

Recent update from Pure 3 to Total Security has introduced these problems I have no doubt but why?

Need this fix urgently as computer is near enough freezing which will force my hand to explore another Programme

which I do not want to do after so many years with Kaspersky without a hitch!

Can you please update the forum regarding this fix? AVP.exe consuming resources constantly with Outlook displaying send and receive errors.

Tried clean install twice to no avail. Outlook seems to be the main trigger but not exclusively, noticed that AVP.exe running high CPU usage in background

while idle or some other applications. Often I come back to the machine and avp.exe running at CPU 100% usage despite machine being idle at desktop.

Also other errors appearing with Security Certificates with web sites that I know have no problems.

Recent update from Pure 3 to Total Security has introduced these problems I have no doubt but why?

Need this fix urgently as computer is near enough freezing which will force my hand to explore another Programme

which I do not want to do after so many years with Kaspersky without a hitch!

Tried repairs on Microsoft Office, another re-install to no avail!

Computer being hijacked by AVP.EXE taking over resources. Shut down computer numerous times to stop 100% resource hog and gain back some form of control.

Varies how long before AVP.EXE resource hog raises it's ugly head again. Outlook is just not functioning properly at all - takes ages to download/ receive modest size files if at all!

Something is clearly amiss in latest version of Total Security. Sadly I am now forced to look at alternative if no patch is available in next 24 hours despite just renewing my license!

THIS NEEDS PATCH URGENLTY! Been loyal user of Kaspersky for years because of being non-intrusive low system resource usage - convert from Norton, Bitdefender, McAffee all guilty of being resource intrusive! But here we are Kaspersky taking me back to the bad old days!

PATCH PLEASE!

Welcome. Please see the quote below:

Welcome. Please see the quote below:

Fair enough and thanks but the urgency for users like myself is at screaming point!

Patch desperately required to regain practical functionality of my computer.

Looking forward to Kaspersky redeeming their good and reliable name! Hurry with patch!

Luckily I have another computer I can go to to find this thread. 100% CPU means all my access to the web on that computer times out..

Do we please have a timeline on the fix?.. this is causing a LOT of people a LOT of inconvenience. The first couple of weeks of May is sure making it tough to wait.

Rang support. after a long wait, they are hoping on a fix by the 16th I think he said.

was guided to turning off Mail Checking, did that. CPU still high.. hmm.. closed Outlook.. still high.. rebooted.. looking OK, but Outlook took quite a while to start..

Was looking OK at first, then I noticed that the CPU was being chewed up again. Root Scan was running.. stopped it.. AVP still using lot's of CPU..

AAARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:dash1:

We are deeply sorry for caused inconvenience.

PapaD, Big Zen: I have sent you instructions over PM on how-to get rid of the problem.

We are deeply sorry for caused inconvenience.

PapaD, Big Zen: I have sent you instructions over PM on how-to get rid of the problem.

Thanks Egor - so far problem solved with your fix. Outlook responding as it should too.

Thanks Egor - so far problem solved with your fix. Outlook responding as it should too.

Care to share so the rest of us can work today?

I have the same issue here

Please provide the workaround

Guys private message Egor for fix, it's a temp fix that works for me involves update from a test server by invitation, but can confirm that patch is on it's way circa the 15th as previously stated above.

Good luck

Guys private message Egor for fix, it's a temp fix that works for me involves update from a test server by invitation, but can confirm that patch is on it's way circa the 15th as previously stated above.

Good luck

Thank you Big Zen

I have opened ticket INC000004514745 but if there is a workaround, can you provide it to me please. This is a huge productivity issue for me. Thank you!

Jim

Having similar issues.

KTS ups CPU usage to 100% (avp.exe)

Outlook errors with timeouts and won't complete.

Gave up and un-installed and re-installed Pure 3, but only 5 days left on old license.

Can I use my KTS code to prolong Pure? Seems the best bet till KTS works properly.

Incident raised : ID INC000004515666

I have opened ticket INC000004514745 but if there is a workaround, can you provide it to me please. This is a huge productivity issue for me. Thank you!

Jim

Please help. I reboot, within 45 min's avp.exe consuming all resources. reboot. repeat. repeat. repeat.

Please help. I reboot, within 45 min's avp.exe consuming all resources. reboot. repeat. repeat. repeat.

Hi jimdecker,

Sorry that you have this issue. You do have some courses of action/choices.

You can wait for Egor Kurnev to PM you, or you can install PURE 3.0, or you can see the Beta Testing section of this forum > the Important Guide topic, then the Patch B topic, and try the beta patch B.

If you go for the third choice, please read the Important Guide, first, before trying any Beta item.

Hi

I am having this problem as well. I have raised an incident number - below.

INC000004543048

Please advise regarding temoporary solution.

Regards

Dave

Hello,

I will join the chorus; I'm having the same issue Kaspersky Internet Security.

I opened INC000004555504 with Support on this issue.

Please have Egor Kurnev contact me with patch information.

Thank you!

Edited by OneWill

We are now past the "first weeks of May". Do you know when B will be released? Thank you!

It looks like a delay, future date unknown. Somewhere around when it is ready; soonish. We will all find out at the same time, when it happens. Thank you for your patience! :)

Please insure automatic databases are being done regularly. Reboot at reasonable intervals, such as daily. Before rebooting, you can view the detailed update reports, to see if patch b related items have been included with the automatic database update.

How to tell when you receive the patch? Reboot, then: Quote: "In the lower right part of the window, click the Support link.

If the patch has been installed successfully, you will find the letter b at the end of the product version number."

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.