fleon

Explorer.ese freezes with KES 10 SP1 (10.2.2) on Win 7 [Solved]

Hello.

Please clarify, is this possible to define the component initiating the issue?

You can do it by disabling then one by one in turn and reproduce the problem.

As You manage to define this component we will need traces of the product with only this component enabled.

Thank You.

I didint had time anymore to work on this PCs, im not even on location i remoted over their server, i will try your steps later when they are out of work and will report back.

I didint had time anymore to work on this PCs, im not even on location i remoted over their server, i will try your steps later when they are out of work and will report back.

Thank you!

Please let us know the results then.

Thank you!

Please let us know the results then.

Okay, customer just called me as its on 1 hour lunch break, i started doing steps and explorer froze and i couldn't do anything anymore, i did PC reboot and KAV UI doesn't start anymore, i tried uninstall it, its not showing under add and remove programs, i started KAV uninstall tool, it crashes on start and cant remove it.I attached removal tool logs.

kavremvr_2015_04_29_12_58_29__pid_3108_.log

Edited by Ivica

Okay, customer just called me as its on 1 hour lunch break, i started doing steps and explorer froze and i couldn't do anything anymore, i did PC reboot and KAV UI doesn't start anymore, i tried uninstall it, its not showing under add and remove programs, i started KAV uninstall tool, it crashes on start and cant remove it.I attached removal tool logs.

Which version of kavremover did you use?

This one?

Did You try to start Kavremover with no detect key?

Thank You.

Which version of kavremover did you use?

This one?

Did You try to start Kavremover with no detect key?

Thank You.

I did use latest version available from same link you provided, im not familiar with this no detect key option?

I did use latest version available from same link you provided, im not familiar with this no detect key option?

Hi,

Please submit a case and post it here so I would be able to provide you with new version of the utility that should be able to remove the product.

Thank You!

We have exactly the same problem with several windows 7 machines, same AV version, i now re-created policy fresh, but problem still persists, entire explorer feels blocked out, i cant reach notification area, in task manager cpu is around 5% only and ram 50% free, nothing eating it up, disabling AV solves it.

Is there any other quick solutions?There is several customers calling me angry now..

Actually did a clean install of the Security Center, created all groups, policies and tasks again.

I applied the patch B version 10.2.434 http://support.kaspersky.com/11954

Everything is working without any crash.

I hope this helps.

Actually did a clean install of the Security Center, created all groups, policies and tasks again.

I applied the patch B version 10.2.434 http://support.kaspersky.com/11954

Everything is working without any crash.

I hope this helps.

I just reinstalled windows on one pc that had this problems, i also installed this patch, everything worked okay, until PC connected to Administration server.

Now when PC boots, KAV UI doesnt load, app is missing from both Start menu and Program files, same bug as before reinstallation.

Now i installed patch also on Administration server and will reboot it to see if it will get fixed...

The same bug where KAV doenst load and misses from Start menu and Add remove programs happened on Windows server where Kaspersky administration server is installed..

I just reinstalled windows on one pc that had this problems, i also installed this patch, everything worked okay, until PC connected to Administration server.

Now when PC boots, KAV UI doesnt load, app is missing from both Start menu and Program files, same bug as before reinstallation.

Now i installed patch also on Administration server and will reboot it to see if it will get fixed...

The same bug where KAV doenst load and misses from Start menu and Add remove programs happened on Windows server where Kaspersky administration server is installed..

Hello.

And what is the result after reboot?

Thanks.

Hello.

And what is the result after reboot?

Thanks.

Same thing after reboots, both on this server 2008R2 and Windows 7 machine which was freshly installed yesterday.

What should i try next?

EDIT:

Is it possible some of your technicians contacts me over Skype, Google hangouts, or whatever, i can give you even temporary remote acces to this server so you can check for your self whats going on and debug it much faster?

EDIT2:It seams fixed now! I again re-created policy for antivirus (did only agent policy before), and immediately after making it active, KAV icons appeared in start menu, add remove programs, and UI loaded in sys tray.

So, conclusion for now is that after applying this patch, all policies needs to be re-created in order to fix this bug.

Edited by Ivica

Same thing after reboots, both on this server 2008R2 and Windows 7 machine which was freshly installed yesterday.

What should i try next?

EDIT:

Is it possible some of your technicians contacts me over Skype, Google hangouts, or whatever, i can give you even temporary remote acces to this server so you can check for your self whats going on and debug it much faster?

EDIT2:It seams fixed now! I again re-created policy for antivirus (did only agent policy before), and immediately after making it active, KAV icons appeared in start menu, add remove programs, and UI loaded in sys tray.

So, conclusion for now is that after applying this patch, all policies needs to be re-created in order to fix this bug.

Hello.

"So, conclusion for now is that after applying this patch, all policies needs to be re-created in order to fix this bug" Yes, definatelly correct. Sorry for not mentioning it before.

Please clarify, is the problem completely solved?

Thank You.

Hello.

"So, conclusion for now is that after applying this patch, all policies needs to be re-created in order to fix this bug" Yes, definatelly correct. Sorry for not mentioning it before.

Please clarify, is the problem completely solved?

Thank You.

For now all seams fine, but will check tomorrow on customers computer after full day of use, than we will know definitely.

For now all seams fine, but will check tomorrow on customers computer after full day of use, than we will know definitely.

Please inform us of the result.

Thanks.

Please inform us of the result.

Thanks.

This works for that freshly installed PC, but now another PC running same windows 7 has again same problem, b patch is installed, but it doesnt help him, it lags so badly i need 2 mins to reach network share, kav UI cant be opend, missing from program files etc..If i want to reach notification area explroer freezs and i get spining mouse all the time.

This other PC has 100% same End point security (SP1) and net agent installed and latest b patch, and its not working okay..

Edited by Ivica

Tried re installing NET agent, not helping, removing net agent, still not helping, now i uninstalled Kaspersky and PC works just fine.Disabling individual protection components also doenst help...

Hi,

Could you please collect traces while issue reoccurs?

Please see my signature to find a proper link.

Thank you!

The first computer with problem which seamed fixed after re installation and installing patches, today got in the same situation again, cant right click on desktop, cant open start, notification area, freezing explorer.

I made System trace while trying to do above actions.

KES.10.2.2.10535_05.13_08.42_2276.GUI.log.zip

The first computer with problem which seamed fixed after re installation and installing patches, today got in the same situation again, cant right click on desktop, cant open start, notification area, freezing explorer.

I made System trace while trying to do above actions.

Hello,

please attach GSI report from the problem machine.

Was Novell client installed ?

Thank you.

Hello,

please attach GSI report from the problem machine.

Was Novell client installed ?

Thank you

No, there is NO Novell client installed on this PC.

I tried running GSI its producing EMPTY zip

I downloaded it from here http://support.kaspersky.com/general/dumps/3632#block1 GetSystemInfo6.0.zip

EDIT:Tried running GSI tool on my own Windows 8.1 PC, also produces empty file, and on another server file is around 14MB, whats going on with this tool?Why doesnt work on some pcs?

GetSystemInfo_IVANA_FIN_Ivana_05_13_2015_13_30_39.zip

Edited by Dmitry Eremeev

Hi,

Is there a private fix for this issue (explorer.exe freezes)?

My customer is reporting the same issue.

Thank you.

No, there is NO Novell client installed on this PC.

I tried running GSI its producing EMPTY zip

I downloaded it from here http://support.kaspersky.com/general/dumps/3632#block1 GetSystemInfo6.0.zip

EDIT:Tried running GSI tool on my own Windows 8.1 PC, also produces empty file, and on another server file is around 14MB, whats going on with this tool?Why doesnt work on some pcs?

Sorry, it's not clear,

please post the screen shot of error.

Thank you.

Sorry, it's not clear,

please post the screen shot of error.

Thank you.

There is no errors, tool finishes and creates reports zip on desktop, but zip is empty as you see what I attached in above post.

There is no errors, tool finishes and creates reports zip on desktop, but zip is empty as you see what I attached in above post.

Do you run it with administrative permissions ?

Thank you.

Do you run it with administrative permissions ?

Thank you.

Run as administrator, yes I tried, and its ADMIN account without any limitations.