ildrad

Problem with deployement and key + question about rights delegation [In progress]

Hello,

I encouter a problem with the new kaspersky security center. when i create a task to deploy a netagent or an KES on a computer, the wizard propose the choice of the key with no keys to chose. when i add one key, it doesn't show this key => i can't add a key to deploy with the installation.

Second question, i am not able to permit to an account with is a member of the KLOperators to be able to have read rights on all the console and being able to create new tasks (to create "scan computers" jobs). Do you know were is the good settings to modify ? I can't find any documentation about this part (with the SP1 patch)

Best regards,

Arnaud,

post-469405-1426174087_thumb.png

post-469405-1426174093_thumb.png

post-469405-1426174097_thumb.png

Hello,

I encouter a problem with the new kaspersky security center. when i create a task to deploy a netagent or an KES on a computer, the wizard propose the choice of the key with no keys to chose. when i add one key, it doesn't show this key => i can't add a key to deploy with the installation.

Second question, i am not able to permit to an account with is a member of the KLOperators to be able to have read rights on all the console and being able to create new tasks (to create "scan computers" jobs). Do you know were is the good settings to modify ? I can't find any documentation about this part (with the SP1 patch)

Best regards,

Arnaud,

Hello.

Concirning keyfile, probably You are adding a wrong keyfile. How many of them do You have?

You can also include the key in the installation package and install it with the key.

Please familiarize with the article about installation packages:

http://support.kaspersky.com/7622

Concerning permissions, You can set them in the properties of the administration server.

Please also get familiarizeв with the following article:

http://support.kaspersky.com/7354

Thank You.

It´s not a good idea to include the license into the installation package.

Then the key file is stored in the share and everyone can copy the license for misuse.

Hello.

Concirning keyfile, probably You are adding a wrong keyfile. How many of them do You have?

You can also include the key in the installation package and install it with the key.

Please familiarize with the article about installation packages:

http://support.kaspersky.com/7622

Concerning permissions, You can set them in the properties of the administration server.

Please also get familiarizeв with the following article:

http://support.kaspersky.com/7354

Thank You.

Hello,

The keyfile is good, since it was working with the previous version of the KSC (before the update in SP1) and the licence expired in 2017 btw and is on the Kaspersky Lab licences part of the KSC. It must appears on the key choice list, as it appeared before i upadate the KSC, when i want to install a package, i am wrong ?

About the permissions, as shown in the screenshot, there are a lot more settings since the SP1 update, which are not corresponding to the KB you gave me. Do you have any documentation up to date on this point ?

Best regards,

Hi,

As for key there is an Issue details 228878. Unfortunately, there is no solution yet.

As for account isn`t it possible to create an account with admin privelegies and remove unnecessary rights?

Thank you!

Hello,

Thank you for the information about the key problem, since it is a known error, i will wait the patch.

For the way to create the account with the rights i need, i asked you about the detailed documentation and your experience to be able to bypass this way of doing it (kind of hard to test everything each time i uncheck or check a box for all the boxes). Will the KB being updated with the explanation for the SP1 settings ?

Best regards,

Edited by ildrad

Hello,

After the reverse engineering tests, i can tell than the rights needed to create virus scan task is situated as show in the screenshot i attached.

Another question from my side, is it possible to install KES in another language when the KSC is in english ?

Regards,

post-469405-1426502890_thumb.png

I have exactly the same problem while deploying KES 10.2. "Selecting a key" window shows only old, expired keys. There is no current (valid) keys.

Valid key is only displayed in Application management -> Kaspersky Lab licenses.

When I add again the same key (as author), it is added correctly, but does not appear on the list.

How can I deploy new KES version?

Where can I read about 228878 issue?

Hi Jacek

Just select to use no key for now.

Or you can try deselecting your key in the repository to be "automatically deployed" while you install and add it back later

I have exactly the same problem while deploying KES 10.2. "Selecting a key" window shows only old, expired keys. There is no current (valid) keys.

Valid key is only displayed in Application management -> Kaspersky Lab licenses.

When I add again the same key (as author), it is added correctly, but does not appear on the list.

How can I deploy new KES version?

Where can I read about 228878 issue?

Hello.

Please note that during task creation in SP1, keys are only shown in the list if they are not deployed automatically (the corresponding checkbox is cleared in the key's properties). Otherwise it is hidden. This is a by-design behavior (a key should either be auto-deployed, or deployed manually via a task or in a package, but not both).

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.