aberezin

Upgrading from KSC 10.1 to 10.2 DB error [Solved]

From my experience, I'd contact support first, before trying the upgrade.

When we got the error, it did a roll back, but didn't load after that :( Had to uninstall and reinstall.

My one tip, always backup KSC before upgrading. So I'm so glad we did.

Based on that.

Can someone from Kaspersky confirm if all those cases were caused by the same issue? If yes, can you provide some general pre-check tool which would validate DB state and apply fix?

This would be very useful tool which could help a lot for upgrade process and do not brake production environment.

Same here, logged under INC000004231798

Hello.

Please await for an update in the case.

Thanks for the information provided.

I had the same problem. An error message appeared during KSC upgrade from version 10.1.249d to version 10.2.434:

Error while installing: Generic db error: "3726 'Could not drop object 'nac_hosts' because it is referenced by a FOREIGN KEY constraint.' LastStatement='IF ([dbo].[upgd_if_table_exists]('nac_hosts') <> 0)

DROP TABLE nac_hosts;'".

Installation rolled back, but after that, I couldn't connect to the KSC server using Administration Console anymore.

I have launched SQL Server Management Studio, connected to the SQL server KAV_CS_ADMIN_KIT, opened database "KAV", and have deleted Foreign Key from 'nac_devices' table, that was referencing the 'nac_hosts' table.

After that, have launched the KSC upgrade again, and it was successful.

I had the same problem. An error message appeared during KSC upgrade from version 10.1.249d to version 10.2.434:

Error while installing: Generic db error: "3726 'Could not drop object 'nac_hosts' because it is referenced by a FOREIGN KEY constraint.' LastStatement='IF ([dbo].[upgd_if_table_exists]('nac_hosts') <> 0)

DROP TABLE nac_hosts;'".

Installation rolled back, but after that, I couldn't connect to the KSC server using Administration Console anymore.

I have launched SQL Server Management Studio, connected to the SQL server KAV_CS_ADMIN_KIT, opened database "KAV", and have deleted Foreign Key from 'nac_devices' table, that was referencing the 'nac_hosts' table.

After that, have launched the KSC upgrade again, and it was successful.

Any issues since? Im currently without the ability to use KSC. Luckily I did a backup so might have to uninstall, reboot, reinstall then restore the backup, but id rather just get the script/batch file everyone else seems to be getting from tech support to fix the issue.

Any issues since? Im currently without the ability to use KSC. Luckily I did a backup so might have to uninstall, reboot, reinstall then restore the backup, but id rather just get the script/batch file everyone else seems to be getting from tech support to fix the issue.

Hello.

The batch deals with this issue in a similar manner as described by Putniks.

To acquire it, please create an incident in CompanyAccount (MyAccount is only used for consumer products and does not contain a valid email to send the batch to).

Hi,

Instructions were sent to the stated in the case email address.

Thank You!

OK. Thanks for your help all is working now. Upgrade was completed.

Hello.

The batch deals with this issue in a similar manner as described by Putniks.

To acquire it, please create an incident in CompanyAccount (MyAccount is only used for consumer products and does not contain a valid email to send the batch to).

Hi ive created a company account and received an email from one of your colleagues but unfortunately our email filter has removed the batch file that was included. Is there any other way to get this batch file?

Hi ive created a company account and received an email from one of your colleagues but unfortunately our email filter has removed the batch file that was included. Is there any other way to get this batch file?

In fact, yes. We can send a password protected zip. Please let us know the number of the incident.

Thank you.

In fact, yes. We can send a password protected zip. Please let us know the number of the incident.

Thank you.

Hi, I have just received the file from your colleague and this has resolved the issue. Thanks you for your help.

Same issue here : INC000004252848

Hi,

The scipt and instructions were sent out to e-mail address stated in the incident.

Thank You!

Kindly we need this fix

INC000004252347

Hi,

We have requested additional information in this topic.

Thank You!

Same problem: INC000004258416

Hello.

Please await for an update within the case.

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.