Nawdiral

!! Critical !! Network Worm !! Urgent !! [In progress]

Hi Guys,

We are using KAV (6.0 for Win Servers and Workstations) since many years, we never had a critical issue such this current one.

I don't know but KAV is detecting "Genome.tekj" trojan, "Trojan.Dropper", Vfovlgk.exe and many other threads, the big mess is that worm is infecting all our shared resources and changing extension of all MS office files into ".VYBAMYL", I mean all the .DOC .DOCX .XLS. XLSX aven .PDF are infected.

Tried to change the extention, without succes, my KAV is saying that my server is protected.

post-542322-1421750366_thumb.png

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your reply, I've just checked this. But, do you mean if I upgrade the KAV version it would help me fix this issue ?

OK, meanwhile, could you please tel what type is this thread ? I'm just trying to understand what happened.

I learnd that it's kind of encryption virus ..??

Many thanks for your help.

I think that our files cannot be recovered since they are crypted by CBT-Locker in its latest version.

I think that our files cannot be recovered since they are crypted by CBT-Locker in its latest version.

Hello,

where did you get this info about measures to fight with that malware?

Thanks.

Hello,

where did you get this info about measures to fight with that malware?

Thanks.

http://securelist.com/analysis/publication...-of-ransomware/

Quote: "Since the scheme uses asymmetric encryption, nobody can decrypt the file without having the rsa-private key, which never left the cybercriminals' server. ... There are no other ways to decrypt the file, which means that the file cannot be decrypted without the master-private key. ...." Original emphasis omitted.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.