mc_fat_tongue

Can I safely disable Content blocker plugin

Hello,

Please forgive me if this has been discussed before, I have just done a quick search and couldn't find anything.

I have found that occasionally (a couple of times a day) Firefox hangs for about 5 seconds and have traced it to the content blocker plugin. I know how to permanently disable the plugins (I already have "On line Banking" and "Virtual Keyboard" disabled) and was wondering what detrimental effect disabling the "Content Blocker" plugin would have on the security of my system.

Is it still safe to browse if "Content Blocker" is deactivated.

Any help and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Windows 7 (64bit)

Firefox 34.05

KIS 2015 15.0.1.415 b

Edited by MC-Fat-Tongue

http://support.kaspersky.com/11156#block4

to disable plugins in the Advanced settings of Web Anti-Virus uncheck first option

Thank you for your reply massalama, but if you re-read my post I already said I know how to disable plugins.

What I wanted to know was does disabling the "Content Blocker" plugin have any detrimental effect on security (ie web browsing).

Edited by MC-Fat-Tongue

you're right, sorry, and yes obviously AFAIK disabling the "Content Blocker" plugin have a detrimental effect on security (ie web browsing)

Hi massalama,

Once again thank you for the reply.

Could you please expand on your last post. I would like to know what detrimental effect it has and how it effects my browser security? simply saying it does have an effect is not really giving me the answers I need.

I'm sorry about pressing home the point, but I'm trying to determine if the benefit of having the plugins disabled (ie no browser hangs) is worth the detriment to security.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Edited by MC-Fat-Tongue

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.