jfire7887

Your computer's OS has been shut down incorrectly

First time user. When the KRD "desktop" appeared (when using Graphic mode), so did a warning window with the following message:

"Your computer's operating system has been shut down incorrectly. File system is going to be mounted. The procedure may cause damage to it. To avoid file system corruption, you are advised to shut down the operating system correctly before using Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Do you wish to continue?"

There are three buttons: "Continue", "Skip" and "Restart computer"

Is the last of these what it is recommending? My laptop is not booting, it gets a blinking cursor after the HP splash screen.

First time user. When the KRD "desktop" appeared (when using Graphic mode), so did a warning window with the following message:

"Your computer's operating system has been shut down incorrectly. File system is going to be mounted. The procedure may cause damage to it. To avoid file system corruption, you are advised to shut down the operating system correctly before using Kaspersky Rescue Disk. Do you wish to continue?"

There are three buttons: "Continue", "Skip" and "Restart computer"

Is the last of these what it is recommending? My laptop is not booting, it gets a blinking cursor after the HP splash screen.

I clicked on "Restart computer". It didn't actually do that, but it did finish "mounting files" (I think), then let me proceed. I backed up my files, then ran the recommended checks. A virus and a trojan were found, and after quarantine/disinfection, the computer restarted successfully. Thanks Kaspersky!

Hello. I have a crashed computer.

I was informed that maybe if I ran a Kaspersky Rescue Disc, I could perhaps find the viruses and kill them so I could then boot into Windows.

I am tried to run Kaspersky before I set my PC back to Factory Condition.

I get this warning message:

YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN INCORRECTLY. THE FILE SYSTEM IS GOING TO BE MOUNTED.

THE PROCEDURE MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO IT. TO AVOID FILE CORRUPTION, YOU ARE ADVISED TO SHUT DOWN THE OPERATING SYSTEM CORRECTLY BEFORE USING KASPERSKY DISK.

OPTIONS...

CONTINUE SKIP RESTART COMPUTER

Why am I getting this message.

Where do I go from here?

edit: 7 bold font = Off.

Edited by richbuff

There is no need to use such a big letter size.

What is your operating system?

Sorry. I'm new here. I didn't know what I was doing.

That was not intentional, it was an accident. I 'll try and change if I can figure out how.

I have a HP 2000 Premium 64bit.

Edited by Elljay

Hello. I have a crashed computer.

I was informed that maybe if I ran a Kaspersky Rescue Disc, I could perhaps find the viruses and kill them so I could then boot into Windows.

I am tried to run Kaspersky before I set my PC back to Factory Condition.

I get this warning message:

YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN INCORRECTLY. THE FILE SYSTEM IS GOING TO BE MOUNTED.

THE PROCEDURE MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO IT. TO AVOID FILE CORRUPTION, YOU ARE ADVISED TO SHUT DOWN THE OPERATING SYSTEM CORRECTLY BEFORE USING KASPERSKY DISK.

OPTIONS...

CONTINUE SKIP RESTART COMPUTER

Why am I getting this message.

Where do I go from here?

edit: all bold = Off.

Edited by richbuff

I'm sorry, I can't figure out how to edit the post to make the font smaller.

I hope there isn't a time frame for editing??

Makes one feel like an idiot.

Can someone please tell me why Kaspersky is showing me this message?

Should I ignore it and continue or forget about using the Rescue Disc?

I have a HP 2000 Premium 64bit.

This is not the operating system.

The operating system could be Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 (obviously 64 bit).

In System Control > System the name of the operationg system is indicated.

This is not the operating system.

The operating system could be Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 (obviously 64 bit).

In System Control > System the name of the operationg system is indicated.

oops! Yes of coarse. So sorry - so over tired trying fix this problem - missed that.

I have Windows 7

Hi. I have done everything correctly - I just don't understand why I have this message.

Should I press CONTINUE? Thank you.

I would recommend to stick to advice shown on the error message. Please boot into your system and shut down it properly using 'Start' menu.

Does the initial problem reproduce after that?

I can not get to the Start Menu. I mentioned my PC is crashed. I'm booting from the CD. It was recommended to me to try this before I do a reinstall. Was just wondering about the message. Thanks for your time.

I have the same issue, but rebooting it didn't change anything. How risky is it to mount said files with an incorrectly shut down OS?

Same here. Rebooted but always same, computer has hibernate mode or something like that.

I do normally use Sleep (not Hibernate) for 'shut down' Windows 10, I wonder if Kaspersky Rescue see those files on disk and think that Windows is not rebooted correctly, even it is? I have rebooted via Rescue CD.

It is a pity that cannot find answer to question @Cuthwolf and others have asked.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.