Sign in to follow this  
bugmeee

Where to acquire patch updates for manual application?

Where can the application patch version updates be acquired?

I wish to acquire the patches for manual application.

Particularly of interest are the patches for Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013.

Also, are the application patches cumulative. For example, does the Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 patch K include all previous application patch updates?

edit: collection of sig links = Off.

Edited by richbuff

The patches cannot be installed manually. You can use the update utility to download the needed database and module updates, but they still need to be installed by KAV/KIS via its update function.

If patch K is installed, it means that all previous patches are installed as well.

The patches cannot be installed manually. You can use the update utility to download the needed database and module updates, but they still need to be installed by KAV/KIS via its update function.
I tried the update utility and was able to download the databases and module updates. I noticed that Windows Installer Patches were also downloaded.

I believe the patches might be applied via the command line, by specifying them to the Windows Installer service. This might be necessary to install Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 or Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 on Windows 8.1 (which was not given as compatible by Kaspersky Lab until patch version i; English software installation packages do not include patch i).

If patch K is installed, it means that all previous patches are installed as well.
Is this also true about the Windows Installer patches themselves? For example, if running or intending use use a Windows Installer package for patch level e, can patch k be applied without first applying previous patches?

Edited by richbuff

As I said, the files need be installed by KAV/KIS. You cannot apply the patches manually. This includes the Windows Installer Patches.

If you use Windows 8 you can install version 2013 there and upgrade to Windows 8.1. This procedure is supported since patch I. However, for installation on Windows 8.1 you need version 2014.

OK. Thank you.

Edited by richbuff

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.