helzapopin

avg antivrus tool bar browser hijack, can't get rid of it.

I down load a program slim computer but it also installed agv antivrus tool bar and made it default. I went into manage add ons /search providers and remove it but when I

click on search charms and type avg this comes up e avg antiviruusfree2013http:/free.avg.com/us-en/home if I click on that I get avg home page up. I have run malwarebytes

and Kaspersky tdsskiller both found nothing anyone know how to remove avg thanks

I down load a program slim computer but it also installed agv antivrus tool bar and made it default. I went into manage add ons /search providers and remove it but when I

click on search charms and type avg this comes up e avg antiviruusfree2013http:/free.avg.com/us-en/home if I click on that I get avg home page up. I have run malwarebytes

and Kaspersky tdsskiller both found nothing anyone know how to remove avg thanks

Hello....Try this... http://www.avg.com/gb-en/faq.num-5200

someone else told me to try malwarebytes found nothing I tried your suggestion and it remove some apps and Microsoft office and my hp printer/ I run windows refresh have got it all working again but still got avg on my

pc

Uninstall any recently installed junk > reboot.

After that, uninstall any and all junk toolbars > reboot.

Uninstall/disable any and all junk browser add-ons and extensions in all of your browsers.

Remove any and all junk search providers in all of your browsers.

Then if need be, change your home page, in all of your browsers.

If still no go, please see: Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Virus-related issues > the second Important topic. There, you will find instructions for logs.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Also, in addition to the instructions above,

What browser are you using? For example FireFox allows you to select which toolbars are shown.

I find it hard to believe that AVG, a reputable company would stoop so low that it would use some sort of PUP, Hijack, or Malware that would prevent you from uninstalling or not showing it's toolbar in your browser window.

LMAO: Slim Computer says it is designed to among other things"What it does: What if we told you that it could be even slimmer and speedier if you removed some of the junk like software demos and toolbars that come preinstalled on new PCs? Suppose there were a free utility designed specifically to slim down new PCs by clearing away the stuff you don't want and won't ever use before it becomes the computing equivalent of belly fat?

Ths creator of Slim Computer is a Microsoft Partner. The likely culprit is download.com. Many reputable companies use download.com as their downloading service.The program is downloaded from download.com, an affiliate of one of the large US PC mags, and is notorious for adding Pups and other annoyances to your download. You couldn't pay me enough to download anything from download.com

If Rich's solution does not work for you keep in mind that even download.com is not known for downloading uninstallable PUP's or hijacker's to your PC and usually asks for permission before installing anything other than that you requested, which you may have not seen. I believe you are overlooking some simple procedure that will remove the toolbar. It's highly unlikely to be traditional malware requiring an anti-malware solution. AVG is the most popular free AV solution in the USA. Rest assured it does not put malware on your system. For legal reasons most AV Companies do not block PUPs (Potentially unwanted program).

edit: merged two posts, and Also,

Edited by richbuff

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.