mhimhdi

If I install KSC on server, KSC can recognize the endpoints or not ? [In progress]

I have one Server and 25 Clients. My windows server had a problem and I had to restore it. Now I have not Kaspersky Security Center. If I install KSC on server, KSC can recognize the endpoints or not ?

I have one Server and 25 Clients. My windows server had a problem and I had to restore it. Now I have not Kaspersky Security Center. If I install KSC on server, KSC can recognize the endpoints or not ?

Hello.

KSC connects to Network Agents that report the presence of KES on client hosts. In order for central management to work properly after clean reinstall of KSC, you should either redeploy Network Agents on client hosts or run klmover on them to update the settings of the server to connect to.

However, if you install the server on the same computer as before and restore a previously created Administration server database backup afterwards, you should be able to manage your clients right away.

Thank you.

Hello.

KSC connects to Network Agents that report the presence of KES on client hosts. In order for central management to work properly after clean reinstall of KSC, you should either redeploy Network Agents on client hosts or run klmover on them to update the settings of the server to connect to.

However, if you install the server on the same computer as before and restore a previously created Administration server database backup afterwards, you should be able to manage your clients right away.

Thank you.

Do you mean I reinstall Network Agent on clients?

Hi,

Do you mean I reinstall Network Agent on clients?

There are 2 ways:

1. Installal & restore KSC at previous server.

In that case there is no need to do anything with hosts.

2. Installal & restore KSC at any other server.

In that case you`ll have to use klmover utiliyu with -dupfix key at all the hosts to redirect them to new server.

And there is no way you need to reinstall network agent at hosts.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.