TruptiBangera

IE security updated for Win XP and Win 7 [In Progress]

IE security updates needed to be updated on all systems (win XP & Win 7) by creating & deploying through KSC 10 MR1 for New zero-day vulnerability identified in all versions of IE.

Please guide me

Edited by Kravtsov Vitaly

Hello!

Please also tell us what do you need exactly?

We need detailed question in order to help you.

Thank you!

We dont have advance Llicense we have standard license of KSC. So we are not using Windows Update synchronization option. From patch for WindowsXP-KB2964358-x86-custom-ENU.exe and IE11-Windows6.1-KB2898785-x86.msu i have created installation package which i need to excute from KSC. But it gives error "System error 0x20 (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.)"

Hello !

If you have select license then system management is not possible

Click here for license management !

Thank you !

Edited by MikroTik

Yes we have select license...

Cant we use create installation packages for third party applications option also ???

Hello!

That should work.

Please kindly provide us with the KSC traces collected during the issue reproducing and provide us with the export of the task results.

Thank You!

We are using KES 10 and the administration server as the WSUS and I do not see the patch kb 2964358 for Windows 7 or Windows 2008. I was able to find and patch Windows 2003. Has it been released yet through Kaspersky?

Hi,

Have you tried to launch a task to find vulnerabilities?

Yes, several times and I verified the windows update synchronization task completed successfully. A new Adobe flash update showed today after I ran the find vulnerabilities task, but nothing for Windows.

Is it true, that windows update service is running at unupdated windows?

Sorry not sure what you mean? My KES administration server is saying no updates found (Windows Update) and same thing with my workstation. I verified the patch was not installed.

Sorry not sure what you mean? My KES administration server is saying no updates found (Windows Update) and same thing with my workstation. I verified the patch was not installed.

There is a system service that runs on endpoint machines called Windows Update. It must be turned on or 'started' for these functions to work correctly. Please go to an endpoint machine with the issue, run services.msc, and make sure this service is on and running (started):

post-420198-1399402765_thumb.png

There is a system service that runs on endpoint machines called Windows Update. It must be turned on or 'started' for these functions to work correctly. Please go to an endpoint machine with the issue, run services.msc, and make sure this service is on and running (started):

post-420198-1399402765_thumb.png

I confirmed that it was listed as started.

I confirmed that it was listed as started.

I just ran the find vulnerabilities task again and the only new Microsoft patch is for Definition Update for Windows Defender (registration date: May 6). So new updates are showing just not the new IE patch. Odd.

I just ran the find vulnerabilities task again and the only new Microsoft patch is for Definition Update for Windows Defender (registration date: May 6). So new updates are showing just not the new IE patch. Odd.

Was it already installed by chance?

I do not see the patch kb 2964358 for Windows 7 or Windows 2008.

If I`m not mistaken, kb 2964358 is a Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP (KB2964358),

and this update applies to Internet Explorer 6 with the following operating systems: Windows XP SP3

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/de...s.aspx?id=42591

So, it should not be applied to Windows 7 or Windows 2008

If I`m not mistaken, kb 2964358 is a Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP (KB2964358),

and this update applies to Internet Explorer 6 with the following operating systems: Windows XP SP3

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/de...s.aspx?id=42591

So, it should not be applied to Windows 7 or Windows 2008

I just manually ran Windows Update on our Admin server (Windows 2008) and it found the patch (KB2964358) and it was just published yesterday? Maybe they are just getting around to the 2008 and Windows 7 releases?

I just manually ran Windows Update on our Admin server (Windows 2008) and it found the patch (KB2964358) and it was just published yesterday? Maybe they are just getting around to the 2008 and Windows 7 releases?

Hello!

This patch is meant for Windows XP and thus it should be listed as available for Windows XP machines in KSC.

Please kindly perform a windows update synchronization task to be absolutely sure you have the full list of available updates.

Thank you!

we have select license for 10 KSC version so i am not able to perform this task. I created patch installation package in excuted it. But it gives error "general error"

Please guide on this

we have select license for 10 KSC version so i am not able to perform this task. I created patch installation package in excuted it. But it gives error "general error"

Please guide on this

Hello!

Select license does not allow system management, you need Advanced license for that.

Thank you!

Please guide on this

Hello!

Select license does not allow system management, you need Advanced license for that.

Thank you!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.