pnabel

KES10 Installation Error [In progress]

Running setup.exe from the local C:\ on Win7 laptops

Lets me makes selections for install then proceeds to install. Doesn't complete, error:

Installation ended prematurely because of a fatal error.

I close the message and that's it. I tried rebooting and trying again but same result.

Has anyone resolved this in the past?

-pete

Edited by leban86

Running setup.exe from the local C:\ on Win7 laptops

Lets me makes selections for install then proceeds to install. Doesn't complete, error:

Installation ended prematurely because of a fatal error.

I close the message and that's it. I tried rebooting and trying again but same result.

Has anyone resolved this in the past?

-pete

Hello.

Please check for installation logs.

Also please provide a GSI report from the host.

Thank you!

Hello.

Please check for installation logs.

Also please provide a GSI report from the host.

Thank you!

thanks for the reply. the file is 5mb and is too large to attach. is there something particular i should look for?

is there a support email i could send the log to?

Edited by leban86

thanks for the reply. the file is 5mb and is too large to attach. is there something particular i should look for?

You can upload it to a file sharing service of your choice and post a link, or you can submit a request to out CompanyAccount and let us know the incident number.

Hello!

you can send this file in archive.

The size will be reduced after being compressed.

Thank You!

At a quick glance, it seems like the MSI is erroring out with 1603. According to Microsoft:

You may receive this error message if any one of the following conditions is true:

The folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is encrypted.

The drive that contains the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to is accessed as a substitute drive.

The SYSTEM account does not have Full Control permissions on the folder that you are trying to install the Windows Installer package to.

The following is a non-exhaustive list of known causes for this error:

Short file name creation is disabled on the target machine.

A file is locked and cannot be overwritten.

The Microsoft Windows Installer Service is not installed correctly.

The Windows Temp folders are full.

Please check the above. Let us know your findings.

Update:

Upon furthur investigation, it looks like the installation of klfltdev.inf driver:

post-420198-1398698483_thumb.png

It appears like this is in fact a permissions issue. Please refer to the above and look at your System account permissions.

There must be logs available. For example: ucaevents.log. Can you post all logs please.

Hello!

Please kindly provide us with c:\Windows\inf\setupapi.app.log.

Thank you!

I have same problem too, and this is my log file.

please help me :unsure:

Hello!

Please kindly submit a new incident in your CompanyAccount and attach there GSI report from your host, installation log and setupapi.log.

Please let us know your INC number in this thread.

Thank you!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.