bckasman

Pure/KTS next version? Where is it? Free upgrade?

1. That would be a Yes.

2. You can, but the general public will wait for regular public download on www.kaspersky.com.

Kaspersky Total Security 4 is coming soon. :)

It will be available at different times in different regions, as local Kaspersky regions decide when they are ready.

The English localization is Tech Release status, and is on a certain official Kaspersky consumer-products webpage, but not yet on the downloads page of www.kaspersky.com, so it is not yet available for regular public download.

The Russian localization is available on a certain official products.kaspersky webpage.

What does all this mean?

Answer: Please be patient and wait for KTS 4 to become available on the www.kaspersky.com downloads page in your region. It will happen when your regional office is ready to make it available. We will all find out at the same time when it happens.

I tired KTS4 and thre's a real problem with Password Manager. To make a long story short, I had to download a trial copy of Pure 3.0 because K-Pure 3.0 decided I had it on too many machines ever having gone back a forth a couple of times to get things working. Tech support has been notified. PM is not part of KTS, it's has to be downloaded separately and it's bare-bones. I saw a place where you can upgrade to "premium" version of password manager, but that wasn't working. I tried uninstalling and installing the new version, then tried, as it says it can be, installing over the top. Neither worked. We'll see what happens. Its clear the PM part of KTS has been carved out to be nearly worthless - completely worthless when it takes only one password and stops working. Advertising this as having a password manager is stretching things in my opinion. Bottom Line: wait for it to become available on ww.kaspersky.com and realize PM has been gutted.

When does KP 4.0 come out, cause you guys should really know a release date by now, and also how do I join the beta testing team?

Is there anything happening at Kaspersky for a major update to Pure 3.0? This version is nearly a year old and any major upgrade doesn't appear to be anywhere near ready for users, unless the beta testing is being done in-house. We were also lead to believe that a patch was forthcoming, but the best they could say was that it wouldn't be in 2013. One would think that Pure would have top priority over KIS or KAV. Just need to make an informed decision.

BC

I totally agree with you, we're only told that its WIIR (When It Is Ready) and I think that its not good enough, even I know more about windows 10 than what I do as to when Kaspersky Pure 4 is coming out. It's very annoying.

It will be out somewhere around WIIR.

This is the universal answer for all "When?" posts on this forum.

We will all find out at the same time.

---------------

Humble are those 300 million souls who do not flood the forum.

It will be out somewhere around WIIR.

This is the universal answer for all "When?" posts on this forum.

We will all find out at the same time.

---------------

Humble are those 300 million souls who do not flood the forum.

Hey rich, My concern is more about the way KPM seems to be an after-thought and made one hell of a mess for me. I'm waiting for Tech Support to get back to me but I think I'm going to go back to KIS with PM stand alone. I don't use on-line storage and the clean-up process isn't as big of a deal as it used to be. I liken it to back before the digital age especially, buying separate components vs. an all-in-one system. Always went separate for one important reason, if one breaks, you don't have to replace eveything! I know, that shows my age! BC.

I doubt you'll get any 'definitive' response by powers to be however after reading/following some of the KTS beta (MR2) posts, I'd be surprised if we see it before December.

I really do hope it would be really soon cause December is only next month and Im really looking forward to KTS or Pure 4 if its going to be a lot better than the current one. I also really hope that we can use pure 3 lience in with it because I dont want to be buying licence's left right and centre when a newer version comes out :D

Just looking for clarification, since both have been commonly used elsewhere in the forums. Will the next version be called "PURE 4.0" or "PURE 2015"? Thanks!

I cannot remember if this was answered, but it wont be called Kaspersky Pure 4, it will be call Kaspersky Total Security.

I have just installed Pure 4 (Total Security) i love the new interface of the application, it is just like KIS every thing is working fine, well done to the team at Kaspersky :cb_punk:

When i saw this post gaznp71, you made me very jealous, but then I saw the link and downloaded this version and I would say I do very much agree with you, well done Kaspersky Team, you have done AMAZING on this version, lighter on resources, my laptop seems a little more faster, thats even after everything, and then on top of that, its modern, and beautiful. Thank you Kaspersky for this Kaspersky Total Security. I am truely thankful and glad I keep coming back to you guys. Best security EVER!

Love ya's.

:cb_punk:

When i saw this post gaznp71, you made me very jealous, but then I saw the link and downloaded this version and I would say I do very much agree with you, well done Kaspersky Team, you have done AMAZING on this version, lighter on resources, my laptop seems a little more faster, thats even after everything, and then on top of that, its modern, and beautiful. Thank you Kaspersky for this Kaspersky Total Security. I am truely thankful and glad I keep coming back to you guys. Best security EVER!

Love ya's.

:cb_punk:

Have you added password manager? If so, does it work. That where I ran into trouble that's screwed up my license

BC

I tired KTS4 and thre's a real problem with Password Manager. To make a long story short, I had to download a trial copy of Pure 3.0 because K-Pure 3.0 decided I had it on too many machines ever having gone back a forth a couple of times to get things working. Tech support has been notified. PM is not part of KTS, it's has to be downloaded separately and it's bare-bones. I saw a place where you can upgrade to "premium" version of password manager, but that wasn't working. I tried uninstalling and installing the new version, then tried, as it says it can be, installing over the top. Neither worked. We'll see what happens. Its clear the PM part of KTS has been carved out to be nearly worthless - completely worthless when it takes only one password and stops working. Advertising this as having a password manager is stretching things in my opinion. Bottom Line: wait for it to become available on ww.kaspersky.com and realize PM has been gutted.

Well that's not good to hear as the K pure3 installation with PWM included is working flawlessly on Win 8.1 64Bit and to hear that PWM isn't part of the typical installation of KTS 2015 is "extremely Concerning"!! :unsure:

Well that's not good to hear as the K pure3 installation with PWM included is working flawlessly on Win 8.1 64Bit and to hear that PWM isn't part of the typical installation of KTS 2015 is "extremely Concerning"!! :unsure:

KPM is not included in KTS installer, but it will be downloaded automatically when you click on Password Manager tab. Don't see any problems with that.

KPM is not included in KTS installer, but it will be downloaded automatically when you click on Password Manager tab. Don't see any problems with that.

Hi Marko,

The installation worked without a hitch. The problem was PM didn't work. Most of the buttons wr gey and it loked itself after taking just one password. It's also significantly less of a PM than we have now with Pure 3.0. It's the bare-bone s free version that you can't get from the k-store. It's limited to a the least but would be OK in many circumstances if it worked. It also claimed pat of my license so that my account shows my license for K-Pure 3.0 and KPM. I can't install K-Pure 3.0 because my account says I've used it too many times. It appears to me that it's seeing KPM the same as another computer and also seeing KTS as installed, thereby not allowing the license to be used to go back to K-Pure 3.0. Something went wrong somewhere. Still waiting for Kaspersky Tech Support to get back to me. This is a good example of never installing a new product until it's released. I installed it from the link shown earlier in this thread. KTS itself looked like a good product. Thing of goig back to KIS with the sand alone KPM which is about the same as the new KTS anyway.

Hi Marko,

The installation worked without a hitch. The problem was PM didn't work. Most of the buttons wr gey and it loked itself after taking just one password. It's also significantly less of a PM than we have now with Pure 3.0. It's the bare-bone s free version that you can't get from the k-store. It's limited to a the least but would be OK in many circumstances if it worked. It also claimed pat of my license so that my account shows my license for K-Pure 3.0 and KPM. I can't install K-Pure 3.0 because my account says I've used it too many times. It appears to me that it's seeing KPM the same as another computer and also seeing KTS as installed, thereby not allowing the license to be used to go back to K-Pure 3.0. Something went wrong somewhere. Still waiting for Kaspersky Tech Support to get back to me. This is a good example of never installing a new product until it's released. I installed it from the link shown earlier in this thread. KTS itself looked like a good product. Thing of goig back to KIS with the sand alone KPM which is about the same as the new KTS anyway.

Hi bckasman,

Welcome to the Kaspersky Forums.

It has been mentioned a few times somewhere around here that if you haven't been using PM in Pure 3.0 then it will not be active in KTS. But if you want to use the feature you can always install it :D.

Hi bckasman,

Welcome to the Kaspersky Forums.

It has been mentioned a few times somewhere around here that if you haven't been using PM in Pure 3.0 then it will not be active in KTS. But if you want to use the feature you can always install it :D .

No need, again, to welcome me to a Forum I've been a part of for years. That aside, you haven't been reading my posts. I have been using PM, again for a while, both the stand alone and the one in K-Pure. The one in LTS, is the free version of the new PM and the installer is a simple setup.exe file. It didn't work. It didn't pick up my previous data and only let me add one password and stopped working. Again, this happened with an over-the-top install and a clean install (which I did after running the Kaspersky remover). The problem I have is that, in this process it used my license to activated the full stand alone password manager - with my K-Pure license and which is NOT on my computer, and said I'd exceeded my license. So far, no one seem to want to help, including chat, who redirected my to tech support who I contacted but have not helped so far. Confusing? Yes. Do I know what I'm talking about? Yes. What I was asking for this Forum is if anyone knows anything about this behavior and what experience they're having with KPM, which is nothing more than a place to hold password - very limite functionality, and can only hold 15 passwords. That's a significant change.

So, to sum it up, KTS screwed-up my license and has little to offer with the PM, which following the beta information, may have been an after-thought, letting the customer download the free KPM which is nothing like the one in Pure, which to my knowledge was almost identical to PM 5.0.

Sorry, I didnt relise that you have been a member of this board for a while.

I'll Pm one of the Mods, maybe they can shed some light on this for you.

I have to admit, I have been through the settings of KTS, and there is a feature in their that Im in love with. You can either block accesss to the webcam altogether or get notifications when your cam is in use. I LOVE KTS! :D :D

Sorry, I didnt relise that you have been a member of this board for a while.

I'll Pm one of the Mods, maybe they can shed some light on this for you.

No problem my friend. Sometimes I come off a little strong. I talked to the good folks at Kaspersky and they had me do the uninstall process in safe mode, reinstalled Pure 3.0, no luck, still won't let me use my license. They're looking into it.

The KPM in KTS limits the number of passwords to 15, the exact number I have. It must have picked up my passwords but they wouldn't show. So, when I tried to start over, I was over the limit and it locked. I'm sue once the license thing is fixed all will be fine.

BC

The good folks at Kaspersky came through for me in just a few hours. My code has been reset and Pure 3.0 is working great. I'll wait for KTS4 to be on the normal download site before trying again. I think I figured out what happened with PM in KTS4. I have more than 15 passwords, so it apparently didn't load any. But, when I tried to enter by hand it already had exceeded it's limit of 15. It's an educated guess, but it makes sense. Thanks to the folks at Kaspersky for responding so quickly.

BC

The previous versions of KPM were based on another product (Sticky Password). KPM 8 is a new product developed by Kaspersky. This means that the new KPM is quite different compared to the previous versions and the offered functionality is not the same. On the other hand, it is now easier to make updates for KPM. So it is possible that more features will be added in future updates.

You can use KPM free of charge while you can only store up to 15 passwords. However, if you have a valid license for either KPM (*) or KTS there should be no such limitation. Maybe your license was not recognized properly. I would wait for the official announcement of KTS and try again.

(*) To my understanding, licenses for KPM 7 can be used for KPM 8, but licenses for KPM 5 are not compatible with newer versions of KPM.

The previous versions of KPM were based on another product (Sticky Password). KPM 8 is a new product developed by Kaspersky. This means that the new KPM is quite different compared to the previous versions and the offered functionality is not the same. On the other hand, it is now easier to make updates for KPM. So it is possible that more features will be added in future updates.

You can use KPM free of charge while you can only store up to 15 passwords. However, if you have a valid license for either KPM (*) or KTS there should be no such limitation. Maybe your license was not recognized properly. I would wait for the official announcement of KTS and try again.

(*) To my understanding, licenses for KPM 7 can be used for KPM 8, but licenses for KPM 5 are not compatible with newer versions of KPM.

This in not my case. I have an official Pure 3.0 Licnese. I updated with KIS 2015 with both methods (over pure and clean install) and the Password Manager didn't work correctly. In several accounts the data were not filled automatically and they were not shown in the password menu on the key-buttom of mozilla. I could see all my passwords on the manager but I had to use a copy-paste method. Now I am back to Pure 3 where everything works perfect.

Also mozilla in certain pages became really sluggish (like IMDB). After I uninstalled the PM everything became normal. In the beginning I though that the problem was related to anti-banner or a blocking proccess but it something to do with PM.

I will expect an improved version which in my opinion is necessery to come.

Snip> You can use KPM free of charge while you can only store up to 15 passwords. However, if you have a valid license for either KPM (*) or KTS there should be no such limitation. Maybe your license was not recognized properly. I would wait for the official announcement of KTS and try again.

Thnx, that's some good information and clears up the issue between free and paid.

I would not think the limitations would be less/different in the PWM in KTS 4, then they are in my PWM with Pure 3.

And being that I have a Paid Pure 3 License, for 2years on 3 PC's, that will be inserted/Applied when I install KTS 4, I would

have to believe there will be no limitations in the PWM.

I'm feeling a bit of an idiot - and more than a little bit let down.

I decided that I needed a new, professional security package for a new laptop. I've seen Kaspersky coming well out of tests for years now and thought, "Right. I know I don't want McAfee or Norton. I'll go for Kaspersky." I looked at the lists on this site of what the various packages would do and thought that I'd go for the top of the line and bought Kaspersky Pure and went for the 3-PC version to replace my existing security on other machines. I should, of course, have tried the 30-day trial version first.

Now I've tried to install KP3 on my existing machine, I've made some unhappy discoveries.

Having a password manager was one very attractive option - particularly for the user of the new laptop. And the money safe seemed good also, since I do a lot of online transactions.

Unfortunately I use Firefox and Thunderbird. Firefox keeps on demanding that I update it for security reasons and a quick check on the last update showed that Safe Money doesn't work. And a hunt through this site seems to show that Password Manager never will work on Firefox - should have checked, I suppose, but Firefox isn't exactly an obscure browser.

And Thunderbird doesn't appear on the list at all. Again, I assumed that an email client that popular would have been supported - or at least have had its lack of support flagged up. Email is one of the commonest vectors for malware, but I'll have to find some other way than using my "highly-recommended" security package.

From what I've seen, KP doesn't work with Opera or Chrome browsers either. And the list of email clients consists of Outlook and The Bat! There doesn't appear to be any hint that an upgraded version will improve this situation.

So, would somebody please re-brand Kaspersky as "covers all your online security, providing you only use Microsoft programs." It would have saved me a significant amount of money and the time I'm going to need to uninstall Kaspersky and find another set of programs which will work with Mozilla. Suggestions anyone?

Edited by deeplyblue

Welcome,

you have described your experiences with PURE 3.0 while this topic is about the new version of PURE called KTS (Kaspersky Total Security). Maybe you could check whether it is already available for you and whether it fits your needs better:

http://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/total-s...ty-multi-device

In theory Password Manager in PURE supports Firefox. But I am not sure whether the plugin works correctly in current versions of Firefox. KTS comes with a new version of Password Manager including new plugins for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome.

PURE/KTS has browser plugins for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. At the moment, with PURE current versions of Firefox are not supported. If Safe Money is important for you, you can workaround this for now by starting it via the main window of PURE. KTS has updated plugins which should support current browser versions.

It's correct that PURE/KTS has only plugins for mail clients from Microsoft. But this does not mean that other mail clients are unprotected. Mail Anti-Virus tries to scan mails while they are being transferred. And File Anti-Virus scans them on execution or when they are accessed on disk.