mandrews58

Pure password manager logging spLog.log

I'm running PURE 3 on a windows 7 x64 box and have the following question about integrated password manager

stpass.exe writes a file spLog.log in appdata\temp\splogs once a second. I'd like to turn off this logging - there's nothing interesting in the log and it really pounds the hard drive, as in a noticeable thumping sound. Help indicates the Support Tools window should have a feature to manage logging, but no it's not there. To get around this problem temporarily, I used sysinternals junction to make a symbolic link to the password manager's splogs directory on a RAM disk - no more thumping, but it's not a real solution.

So: how do I control logging in password manager? I'm fine to mess with the registry if necessary. Thanks in advance.

I'm running PURE 3 on a windows 7 x64 box and have the following question about integrated password manager

stpass.exe writes a file spLog.log in appdata\temp\splogs once a second. I'd like to turn off this logging - there's nothing interesting in the log and it really pounds the hard drive, as in a noticeable thumping sound. Help indicates the Support Tools window should have a feature to manage logging, but no it's not there. To get around this problem temporarily, I used sysinternals junction to make a symbolic link to the password manager's splogs directory on a RAM disk - no more thumping, but it's not a real solution.

So: how do I control logging in password manager? I'm fine to mess with the registry if necessary. Thanks in advance.

Hey mandrews,

We've been wondering about this for a while now. (Search for Eniac2's original post.) No good answers yet, unless you consider a vague promise of a fix, maybe in the next patch. Eniac2 has apparently found a way to disable stpass from writing specifically to the log file, not enough info to for me to duplicate his results though. Glad to see someone else working on it. Good luck. :ay:

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.