KSTNE

Can't install KES 10 on Windows XP, Fatal Error driver klim

Hi, I think we have tried all the possible combinations, but we still can't install KES 10 on user's machine. We have only able to get the Agent installed.

The machine has no antiviruses running, everything was cleaned and uninstalled. We tried all the tricks found on this board already, but nothing is working. The installation stops with either fatal error or can't install klim.

GSI report:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...adba31a673e7c6e

Thanks in advance

Welcome. Please remove the junk toolbars; Ask and Delta and any other junkware.

Please clear the contents of your Temp folder, instructions: http://support.kaspersky.com/1161 and then reboot.

Please clear the contents of the Windows temp folder, located at C:\Windows\temp\

What is causing the error with connecting to Windows Update? Known or unknown reason?

Then try installing again. If still no go, please post the complete, detailed klim error message.

Hi, I think we have tried all the possible combinations, but we still can't install KES 10 on user's machine. We have only able to get the Agent installed.

The machine has no antiviruses running, everything was cleaned and uninstalled. We tried all the tricks found on this board already, but nothing is working. The installation stops with either fatal error or can't install klim.

GSI report:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...adba31a673e7c6e

Thanks in advance

Hello!

Incompatible software and viruses have been found in GSI report. Please try to uninstall Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1057237.aspx and try to clean your computer of virus http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=19

Hi,

What you see in the GSI report is the Trend Micro removal tool, the actual software is not installed. We checked processes, there are no Trend Micro processes running.

What else can cause "Error installing driver "klim". It is recommended to restart your computer" error ?

Thank you.

Hi,

What you see in the GSI report is the Trend Micro removal tool, the actual software is not installed. We checked processes, there are no Trend Micro processes running.

What else can cause "Error installing driver "klim". It is recommended to restart your computer" error ?

Thank you.

It is impossible to determine the cause without the installation log

It is impossible to determine the cause without the installation log

Where does Kaspersky save the installation log file ?

Thank you

I have attached one of the logs we have.

Thanks

Please attach all log files:

kl-install-yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss.log

kl-setup-yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss.log

ucaevents.log

Thank you!

We still have the same problem with installing klim driver. I have attached a screenshot.

1. We have cleaned the temp directories.

2. Increased MaxNumFilters to 14.

3. Uninstalled all the Toolbars, Ask and Delta that were shown in GSI report.

I don't know what else to do at this point.

post-491484-1386278521_thumb.jpg

@KSTNE First of all, install ALL Windows Updates.... Then

1) Uninstall Network Agent.

2) Download & run Kavremover KB3057

3) Restart computer.

4) Download & run (at least two times) CCleaner, clean all orphan registry keys.

5) Be sure all Trend Micro products are uninstalled and deleted (you can use CCleaner too).

6) Once clear, try reinstalling KES 10.

Tell us results... If something fails, please don't hesitate to send again installation logs

Edited by victorm

We still have the same problem with installing klim driver. I have attached a screenshot.

2. Increased MaxNumFilters to 14.

3. Uninstalled all the Toolbars, Ask and Delta that were shown in GSI report.

I don't know what else to do at this point.

Hello!

Instructions provided by victorm are pretty full and precise, please follow them.

Also, please provide us with new GSI report.

Thank you!

Nothing is helping guys. We have over 60 users that we have successfully transferred to Kaspersky from Trend Micro. This is one user we cannot install Kaspersky on.

So far we have tried to do the following,

2. Increased the MaxNumFilters to 14.

3. Uninstalled all the Toolbars, Ask and Delta that were shown in the GSI report.

4. Cleaned the registry with CCleaner

5. Uninstalled Kaskpersky Agent.

and of course we uninstalled Trend Micro using the Add Remove Programs + the uninstall script by Trend Micro, to make sure everything is deleted from the system.

New GSI report:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...a04f0863e8d362a

kl_install_2013_12_06_16_02_16.log.zip

Edited by KSTNE

Nothing is helping guys. We have over 60 users that we have successfully transferred to Kaspersky from Trend Micro. This is one user we cannot install Kaspersky on.

So far we have tried to do the following,

2. Increased the MaxNumFilters to 14.

3. Uninstalled all the Toolbars, Ask and Delta that were shown in the GSI report.

4. Cleaned the registry with CCleaner

5. Uninstalled Kaskpersky Agent.

and of course we uninstalled Trend Micro using the Add Remove Programs + the uninstall script by Trend Micro, to make sure everything is deleted from the system.

New GSI report:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...a04f0863e8d362a

Hello!

TrendMicro activx component is still present in the system. Did you try to remove Trend Micro using this utility http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1057237.aspx ?

Hello!

TrendMicro activx component is still present in the system. Did you try to remove Trend Micro using this utility http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1057237.aspx ?

Yes, we do 2 uninstalls. First we uninstall from Control Panel / Add Remove Programs. Then we use Trend Micro utility to remove any remaining files or services.

Like I said, we have successfully installed KES 10 on 60 user computers. This is the only computer we can't install on.

Edited by KSTNE

I have a theory but first a question for you @KSTNE

¿What is the role or function of your affected computer?

Thanks for your answer and patience!

I have a theory but first a question for you @KSTNE

¿What is the role or function of your affected computer?

Thanks for your answer and patience!

Hi,

The machine is used by one of our engineers to design parts we produce.

I wish the log would say exactly what the KES installer does not like.

Thanks!

Hi,

The machine is used by one of our engineers to design parts we produce.

I wish the log would say exactly what the KES installer does not like.

Thanks!

Repeated question, Windows Update connection error:

Welcome. Please remove the junk toolbars; Ask and Delta and any other junkware.

Please clear the contents of your Temp folder, instructions: support.kaspersky.com/1161[/url] and then reboot.

Please clear the contents of the Windows temp folder, located at C:\Windows\temp\

What is causing the error with connecting to Windows Update? Known or unknown reason?

Then try installing again. If still no go, please post the complete, detailed klim error message.

Edited by richbuff

Repeated question, Windows Update connection error:

Windows updates are blocked on all the machines in our office. We ( administrators ) check which updates we want to allow and then later push them to users.

Thanks

Windows updates are blocked on all the machines in our office. We ( administrators ) check which updates we want to allow and then later push them to users.

Thanks

May I please kindly ask you to create an incident in your CompanyAccount?

Please attach there your GSI report and installation log.

Please post your INC number in this thread.

Thank you!

May I please kindly ask you to create an incident in your CompanyAccount?

Please attach there your GSI report and installation log.

Please post your INC number in this thread.

Thank you!

Here is the number, INC000002499834

We could not attach logs to the case. I just provided download links for the logs from this thread. I hope it's ok ?

Edited by KSTNE

Hi KSTNE, please forgive my late answer.

Well, meanwhile you are receiving instructions via Company Account, i will tell you about my theory:

In GSI report from affected computer i've found it 3 different software executing same tasks. I think you could uninstall or disable at least two of those services:

- PCAngel (Service Disabled)

- WD Smartware (Service Enabled)

- Acronis True Image (Service Enabled)

All of them, are products for protection / backup in disks.

I guess this could be the reason that reccomendations given by Ivan Shesterkin here didn't work.

Please unnstall unnecessary software, reboot computer and try the installation of KES 10 again.

Edited by victorm

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.