Glibby

KSC 10 - Selection Export [Solved]

Hi,

When I am exporting list of a selection (for example, computers which have database obsolete status) -- I am given two options (TEXT Format or CSV Format).

Both of these options give a pretty messy export.

All the information is merged or difficult to read and interpret.

What am I missing?

Hi,

When I am exporting list of a selection (for example, computers which have database obsolete status) -- I am given two options (TEXT Format or CSV Format).

Both of these options give a pretty messy export.

All the information is merged or difficult to read and interpret.

What am I missing?

Hi,

Can you please attach what you get?

Hi,

Can you please attach what you get?

Shared in PM.

Please let me know how to fix this?

you could just google on how to open .csv file. Plenty of ways out there. One of it is using excel. You could just import the .txt or .csv into excel. Even there is a program called csv viewer, but i have not tested it.

you could just google on how to open .csv file. Plenty of ways out there. One of it is using excel. You could just import the .txt or .csv into excel. Even there is a program called csv viewer, but i have not tested it.

Did you read what I have said in the very first post?

The problem is Selection Export from KSC is messy -- all the information is jumbled up.

Hi,

I have tried to open your file "Workgroup Machnines - Karachi.csv" with csvviewer (http://www.csvviewer.com/) and it looks fine. Please try it.

Is it supposed to be messy and merged?

All the information is available in one column, is it not?

Edited by Glibby

Is it supposed to be messy and merged?

All the information is in one column, is it not?

Hello!

Could you please sen me the same info that you have sent to Evgeniy in PM?

Did you try to use csvviewer as Evgeniy adviced?

Thank You!

Hello!

Could you please sen me the same info that you have sent to Evgeniy in PM?

Did you try to use csvviewer as Evgeniy adviced?

Thank You!

Sure.

Yes.

You can also try a Selection Export in your KSC 10.

All the information comes in one column and is jumbled up.

Sent.

Please check.

If it is showing multiple columns, please share the screenshot in PM.

Thanks.

Hi, the file just looks crappy but in fact the columns are seperated by a tab-stop.

So if you import it with excel there is no problem to seperate the colums..

post-412842-1385364791_thumb.jpg

post-412842-1385364798_thumb.jpg

Hi, the file just looks crappy but in fact the columns are seperated by a tab-stop.

So if you import it with excel there is no problem to seperate the colums..

post-412842-1385364791_thumb.jpg

post-412842-1385364798_thumb.jpg

Yes.

I am doing the same at the moment.

But as the information is pretty large.

There are many rows with information on different columns.

So, have to fix manually.

Yes.

I am doing the same at the moment.

But as the information is pretty large.

There are many rows with information on different columns.

So, have to fix manually.

Has this been addressed at all? I'm having the same issue. In KSC 9, I used to be able to export to CSV, then import the CSV using Excel and choosing comma as the delimiter. Even if I choose Tab as the delimiter it all comes into Excel in a single row. KSC is clearly not exporting in a correct format. Very frustrating.

I'm using KSC 10.1.249

Has this been addressed at all? I'm having the same issue. In KSC 9, I used to be able to export to CSV, then import the CSV using Excel and choosing comma as the delimiter. Even if I choose Tab as the delimiter it all comes into Excel in a single row. KSC is clearly not exporting in a correct format. Very frustrating.

I'm using KSC 10.1.249

Hello!

Please kindly clarify if you've created an incident for this issue.

If you have, please give us its number; if you haven't, please kindly create one and attach your export results to it.

Also please post your INC number in this thread.

Thank you!

I'm using KSC 10.1.249

You just have to specify TAB as the delimiter.

Please do as follows:

post-475582-1394036983_thumb.png

You just have to specify TAB as the delimiter.

Please do as follows:

Afterwards, do:

post-475582-1394037113_thumb.png

Afterwards, do:

Unfortunately, that does not work for me; I've tried exporting as both Text and CSV and importing both with comma as delimiter or Tab as delimiter. Nothing works. Using Tab as a delimiter it puts every value into a its own column in row one instead of creating multiple rows.

I use Excel extensively (Office 2010) and have had no problems in the past with KSC 9.

@ Ivan: I have not created a case. I thought it was likely a known issue because several people have reported the issue. I will submit an incident.

Unfortunately, that does not work for me; I've tried exporting as both Text and CSV and importing both with comma as delimiter or Tab as delimiter. Nothing works. Using Tab as a delimiter it puts every value into a its own column in row one instead of creating multiple rows.

I use Excel extensively (Office 2010) and have had no problems in the past with KSC 9.

@ Ivan: I have not created a case. I thought it was likely a known issue because several people have reported the issue. I will submit an incident.

Please share your sample CSV or TEXT export here.

Please share your sample CSV or TEXT export here.

I'd prefer not to post up that information publicly. However, what I did find is that when exporting from a prebuilt selection (such as 'Protection is off', 'Update Agents', etc.), both text and csv exports appear in a usable columnar file. It's when I export from any group I've created under the 'Managed Computers' group. The values appear to be tab separated but alignment is off and there are only a few new lines, etc. I imagine it's easy to reproduce. I also find it odd that when choosing csv as the export, there isn't a single comma in the file.

I'd prefer not to post up that information publicly. However, what I did find is that when exporting from a prebuilt selection (such as 'Protection is off', 'Update Agents', etc.), both text and csv exports appear in a usable columnar file. It's when I export from any group I've created under the 'Managed Computers' group. The values appear to be tab separated but alignment is off and there are only a few new lines, etc. I imagine it's easy to reproduce. I also find it odd that when choosing csv as the export, there isn't a single comma in the file.

I asked for the sample not the actual information.

All is good at my end.

You are most probably not importing it right in Excel.

Here is how to do it in 2013:

Go to Data > Click From Text > Provide path of the exported file > Click Next > Ensure Tab is checked > Click Finish

Please let us know its number in this thread.

Thank you!

Please let us know its number in this thread.

Thank you!

New incident INC000002822769 has been created.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.