basl

How can I install Kaspersky Pure 3 on Windows 8.1?

I´ve bought this product on 30.09.2013, 5 place version for nothing at now, Windows 8.1 is installed.

I divide the meaning of the plumber guy for 100%, never seen that before.

And the result of your mistake in your big Kaspersleeping Company is, that you release the fixing installer in december, cool! no comment!

You are the leading Security Suite company and you´re not have the ability to release a working installer in one week or less? There is something wrong!

How we say... It´s Russia! ;)

Greetings from Germany!

Edited by Rodion Nagornov
del third-party AV

So, there will no be any new information in this topic.

New build will be released by the middle of November.

Or you can:

install Win8, install PURE, update databases, reboot, upgrade to Win 8.1

Topic closed.

Hi, hopefully someone here here can help me with my problem.

I'm currently unable to install Kaspersky Pure 3 on my brand new Microsoft Surface Pro 2. I've tried installing it when I first started it up and also after doing a complete system refresh and get the exact same messages and result. I've also tried updating Windows and installed all updates.

I get a message from "Program Compatibility Assistant" on Kaspersky PURE 3.0 Total Security, that "This program has compatibility issues". I then hit Run program anyway and the installation package then continues to unpack and install the files. After it's gone through unpacking and I assume installing files, a message from "Kaspersky PURE 3.0" comes up at the end saying "Application was not installed" and that I should "Retry installing application or contact technical support".

The program then suggests that there is potentially a virus installed so I should try installing KVRT. I try installing this, but installation always fails on that as well and when I reboot and hit OK on the popup to allow the program to make changes to my hard drive, I get a blue screen of death that indicates something about a section of unaddressible memory being accessed (can't remember what comes up exactly) and that the computer has to reboot.

I've tried going through this multiple times, but I get the exact same result every time. Bitdefender does install and work on the machine and I have done full scans with this and Malwarebytes and the Malwarebytes anti root kit program, so I am absolutely certain there is no virus causing these issues.

Can someone please help me with this?

Sean

Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

This new topic is now merged to the already pre-existing topic.

The most current PURE 3.0 installer is not compatible with Windows 8.1.

Please see the below quote:

So, there will no be any new information in this topic.

New build will be released by the middle of November.

Or you can:

install Win8, install PURE, update databases, reboot, upgrade to Win 8.1

Topic closed.

When it will be available, the mod can pin a thread to aware us?

I bought but I can't use it. :dash1:

Getting a bit tired of waiting for a Windows 8.1 Pure 3.0 patch. I was advised there would be a patch soon and to install Internet Security 2014 BUT that is expiring over the next few days and I do not want to be left without Secuirty! Please advise what people in the same situation can do about this? Will you compensate us $$ for the month we had no Pure 3.0? Will you provide an additional 30 days of 2014? What are you going to provide for your customers?

Also I was advised to install trial of 2014 in the meantime which erased all traces of Pure. I am now unable to install Pure 3.0 to even get any updates or patches..... If you have any information or updates on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Parsifal1968

Windows 8.1 users, integrated installers that will allow installation of PURE 3.0 on 8.1 should start appearing next week.

As for the partial rollout of autopatches, this is to blunt the impact if a showstopper problem is found, and also avoid overloading the update servers. Full release of Patch D via regular updates is tomorrow, the 14th.

Also I was advised to install trial of 2014 in the meantime which erased all traces of Pure. I am now unable to install Pure 3.0 to even get any updates or patches..... If you have any information or updates on this it would be greatly appreciated. I was advised there would be a patch soon and to install Internet Security 2014 BUT that is expiring over the next few days and I do not want to be left without Secuirty! Please advise what people in the same situation can do about this? Will you compensate us $$ for the month we had no Pure 3.0? Will you provide an additional 30 days of 2014? What are you going to provide for your customers?

//edit: add quote of the important post, and Closed, to stop flood burying the important post.

Edited by richbuff

Installed Windows 8.1 clean install about a Week before it came out and have been waiting ever since for a Windows 8.1 compatible installer. Took the advice on the forums to use a trial of KIS 2014 and now I am quickly running out of time on the trial. I am obviously going to have to try and extend the trial period or something. Suggestions? Just to get this suggestion off the table, going back to a previous version of Windows installing and patching Kaspersky to at least patch C and then upgrading to Windows 8.1 is not a valid option.

Windows 8.1 users, integrated installers that will allow installation of PURE 3.0 on 8.1 should start appearing next week.

As for the partial rollout of autopatches, this is to blunt the impact if a showstopper problem is found, and also avoid overloading the update servers. Full release of Patch D via regular updates is tomorrow, the 14th.

edit: merged and add important quote.

Edited by richbuff

The version of PURE 3.0 with Windows 8.1 install support should be available early next week. If you need more time on your KIS trial, submit a case via My.Kaspersky.com and PM me the request number.

Hello all,

I see you now have patch D out, is patch D the one that allows installation on Windows 8.1, if so is there an intergrated installer out there i can download?

I have tried downloading the newest files to install however im still unable to install Pure 3 on Windows 8.1, the same issue persists as before.

Please advise.

Just for the sake of not having rich ask me for it :)

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...d1628a929b813a1

Always heard Kaspersky was the best, but I never let the cash get out of my wallet...until Nov 15th.

WTF did I just do!! My box is a win8.1 machine from birth. I have no Win8.0 to fall back to. I can't install what I paid for, so I'm currently on the trial KIS 2014. Our relationship is not starting well.

I read countless patient, new and long time customers waiting for the Installer fix. Well, were is it? Mid Nov is past, and we're at 'a few days' from the last nugget of info on Nov 17th.

K PURE 3 13.0.2.558

Win 8.1 x64

------------------------------------------------------

Edit: 1. Duplicate new topic was merged.

2. Still closed. This topic remains closed, except to post Informational content. So far, this is what we know:

The version of PURE 3.0 with Windows 8.1 install support should be available early next week. If you need more time on your KIS trial, submit a case via My.Kaspersky.com and PM me the request number.

3. More information will be posted, when more information arrives. That should be sometime in the future, when it is ready.

4. More information may possibly be available here: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

5. Three non-information posts were removed, because there is already plenty of Discussion content posted in this topic. :)

Edited by richbuff

hi , i use kaspersky internet security 2014 , but i want to upgrade my anti virus to kaspersky pure 3.0

when i try to install that , the install progress at once complete , and Offers Messaging install is fail and rollback progress and restart my pc. :dash1:

please help me to install my favorite product.

I use windows 8.1 (x32). :bravo:

It seems that maybe next year will be compatible not a chance this year....

Hmm... It is compatible actually for a month already... And tomorrow we expect the release with integrated compatibility... So, if 'tomorrow' is 'next year' so OK :)

Ok I apologize,I saw a few people try for months ( including me ) to install windows 8.1 and have not yet succeeded..so I said probably not this year

Great news if there is a compatible version in a few days.

Thanks.

Hmm... It is compatible actually for a month already... And tomorrow we expect the release with integrated compatibility... So, if 'tomorrow' is 'next year' so OK :)

Is there any hope that the "next patch" for stpass.exe will be included in this 8.1 patch for those here still suffering the constant write to disk issue on Win 8 x64?

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...t&p=2133641

Posted by ScottC on 21.11.2013 11:02:

It looks like Patch D did not fully correct the issue with Password Manager component traces being left on. We have a bug created for the issue, 608506, and have word this problem will be fixed in the next patch. I do not know when that patch will be available, nor if this will delay having an installer for PURE 3.0 that works on Windows 8.1. We'll keep you posted.

OK I read all the topics. It was planned for windows 8.1 support during the middle of November, then on the 14th of November someone on the kaspersky pure forum said it would be released a week which would be around 21st November. Almost end of November still no support for windows 8.1. My Trial of KIS 2014 is almost up. This is Ridiculous I may just switch to bit defender which came with windows 8.1 support. Come on Kaspersky!!! BTW I am running Kaspersky Pure 3.0.

Edited by mitchell downes

Welcome. Looks like latest patch D is integrated with latest installer located here: http://www.kaspersky.com/pure-latest-versions

OK, I'll try this route. Will Win 8.0 x64 users have to download this 8.1 installer or will the stpass fix be included in auto update. I am set on "manual update" but would like to have a heads up if and when the fix will be included with the regular updates. Haven't seen one reply from support yet.

Thanks, Franks