Juschi

KIS 2014 causes slow website loading

I talked to soon... After a few days everything is slow again. Using application manager is a nightmare of slowness... Back to KIS 2013! My pc is happy (and fast) again!!! <_<

So I've seen a number of these topics.

I've mentioned it in one of my own, although the primary purpose of that topic was different.

It seems to me there is something fundamentally messed up with KIS2014 itself if there are this many users affected by slow web browsing after having installed the product.

I opened a ticket with Kaspersky and have simply received canned and rather obvious responses... the usual things like do a chkdsk on the hard drive, disable anti-banner (which is automatically disabled), concede resources in the performance section, reinstall the product, set web antivirus to low, etc...

I even disabled the active scanning of ports 80 and 443 which was suggested elsewhere on this forum, which interestingly helped the situation for a short time, but the temporary alleviation of the issue was lost after a reboot.

While I have faithfully done each of these, none has corrected the issue, and interestingly, while pausing/disabling KIS2014 tends to alleviate the problem for a short time, after a while with it still paused the issue returns... However after uninstalling KIS2014 the issue never returns.

So the obvious answer is that the problem lies with Kaspersky, but no one can give me a straight answer as to where. And I dont appear to be the only person.

I recently upgraded to KIS 2014 and now experience regular slowdowns when web browsing. Even my Spotify cuts out from time to time. It's getting to the point where I'm planning on removing KIS because it's driving me nuts!

I experienced no such issues on KIS 2013. I did a clean install of 2014 as recommended on the support pages.

What makes me think the problem lies with KIS 2014 is that I regularly use three PCs at home; two with KIS 2014 and one with Norton Internet Security. Previously, the two KIS 2014 machines were running version 2013 without any problems, but as soon as I upgraded I started experiencing speed issues - no such issues with the Norton machine.

So, are we anywhere near solving the issue?

I didn't get on at all with KIS 2014 under Windows 8.1but equally I've not found Internet Explorer 11 a great success either. If you're using Windows 8.1 and IE11 I found that mine installed with Enhanced Protected Mode on by default which cause all sorts of problems (including issues with Microsoft's own Silverlight). Disabling Enhance Protected Mode did seem to speed things up and enable lots of broken plug ins. If you're going to persevere with KIS 2014 it might be worth a try.

Edited by PJay

...So, are we anywhere near solving the issue?

It was supposed to be Patch C (scheduled for release on 5/11) but from what I saw yesterday it's now going to be Patch D - anyone's guess when that will be.

It was supposed to be Patch C (scheduled for release on 5/11) but from what I saw yesterday it's now going to be Patch D - anyone's guess when that will be.

Incorrect.

Patch C was released today for KAV/KIS 2014, gradually with everyone having it by the end of the week. Patch D is for PURE.

BTW. I use W7 and was amazed how much performance i got out of uninstalling netframework 4.0 and installing 4.5 before the install & even before installing Chrome felt much snappier and it was snappy already.

A little more information since it appears I forgot it. Apologies.

Specs:

Proc: Intel i7 4770k (stock clock)

Board: Asus Z87 Deluxe/Dual (Asus iControl is not installed) drivers are up to date

Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 780 w/ ACX Cooling

SSDs: 2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB in RAID 0

HDDs: 4x Seagate 7200 RPM 1TB in RAID 5

Power: Corsair HX850

Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i

Computer is <4 months old.

Windows 8.1 Pro with Windows Media Center

Windows 8.1 has .NET 4.5 built in, so installing it is unneeded.

Everything ran great (despite certain compatibility issues) with Bitdefender IS 2013 prior to installing KIS2014... I chose to replace Bitdefender because of compatibility issues with some games.

Everything ran great without any A/V installed.

Excessively slow web browsing with KIS2014 installed.

I have no malware, I have no viruses.

Get system info:

http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...5a42a1f5de5e900

Edited by Beradon

From your Event Viewer: "The file system structure on volume C: cannot be corrected. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume C:."

Please do a checkdisk, instructions, scroll down to Option One: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6221-...indows-8-a.html

Any better after the checkdisk?

Also, please pass your mouse cursor over the red K tray icon. Do you have B, or do you have C? If you have B, please see the first Important topic. Please let us know, after a few days, if there is any improvement after you receive patch C.

If you already have patch C, and the issue remains, then the issue will be further addressed in the future, when the next patch happens.

From your Event Viewer: "The file system structure on volume C: cannot be corrected. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume C:."

Please do a checkdisk, instructions, scroll down to Option One: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/6221-...indows-8-a.html

Any better after the checkdisk?

Also, please pass your mouse cursor over the red K tray icon. Do you have B, or do you have C? If you have B, please see the first Important topic. Please let us know, after a few days, if there is any improvement after you receive patch C.

If you already have patch C, and the issue remains, then the issue will be further addressed in the future, when the next patch happens.

Check disk found nothing, you're likely looking at older event logs, I've run it since those were taken.

As for patch level, I have B, I manually updated and I still have B.

On the KIS 2014 machines I'm running Windows 8.1 and Windows 7, so don't think it's a problem with just 8.1.

Do these patches download and install automatically as part as the definition update process? If so, will the user be notified if a reboot is required?

Edited by Thommo14

Patch C did not address this bug http://support.kaspersky.com/10235#block0 , the web slowness is adressed in patch D supposedly, which may be released in december. Every patch distributes slowly, ie not everyone is getting it right away, as it is distributed to update servers selectively, to reduce download traffic at servers.

Yes to both questions. The reboot request is delayed. If you see that the patch has been downloaded you can reboot to complete the installation.

Patch C did not address this bug http://support.kaspersky.com/10235#block0 , the web slowness is adressed in patch D supposedly, which may be released in december. Every patch distributes slowly, ie not everyone is getting it right away, as it is distributed to update servers selectively, to reduce download traffic at servers.

Is there any way to beta patch D? This web browsing is slow enough to cause me to want to open my veins... Not sure I can wait an entire month for it.

I'd uninstall but then I'd be wasting money and I'd be less protected.

Patch C has just been released, there is no (beta) patch D yet.

Probably it will be possible to test patch D before its release. You might have a look at future announcements in the beta forum.

Yes to both questions. The reboot request is delayed. If you see that the patch has been downloaded you can reboot to complete the installation.

Thanks for the clarification. On the reboot request: is it in the form of a popup, or do I have to open KIS to check the computer's status?

There should be a notification, a message in the main window and a warning triangle in the tray icon.

But as I said you do not need to wait for the request. Actually, if you perform an update now and reboot afterwards you should have got the patch.

Edited by JanRei

Two off topic posts about posts being deleted removed.

News flash for the slow to comprehend: If you stay on topic, your post won't be deleted. If you continue to try to stir the pot with off topic posts, are just ranting or being in general an ass, they WILL get deleted just like in most other serious forums.........it's a promise and mostly a promise to the 99% who have no problem conveying a critical message and being on topic at the same time keeping the whole thing together even if we have things we like to see improved in 2014 or any version for that matter.

its not normal for me to register in foruns, but this slow down issue, that KIS2014 has done to my PC, forced me to this.

since I instaled KIS2014 my PC got slower in any general and possible way, especially when I'm doing a manual virus scan. Of course PC gets slower when we scan virus, but I never had this type of slowness problem with kis2013.

for me its not only the Slow web browsing problem.

KIS has a slow start after (re)boot PC (at least is what it seems to me)

Every time I want to do a virus scan my PC behavior is almost like it freezes. example: if I want to open a video when I'm scaning it takes almost 2 ou more minutes to open the video. avp.exe in task manager stays 99% CPU occupied almost all the time.

I can only do scans when i don't need to use the PC, otherwise if I try to use it my PC when i'm doing a complete scan, usually takes 24h to be finished instead of less then 8h.

when I'm not doing any manual virus scan my PC is slow (its slower that if I use kis2013) but I can stand it, BUT please at least solve this speed issue for when we are making a manual virus scan.

I hope this issue is really solved in patch D as I read somewhere.

another example, I am doing manual full scan now, and while I was writing this message sometimes I was pressing my keyboard keys faster than the letters appearing on my PC screen.

As for patch level, I have B, I manually updated and I still have B.

Reboot after update and you should see patch C. Mine didn't show patch C until I did the reboot.

Is 2013 already installable in 8.1 and if it is, does it have these issues?

I'm not going to lose my nerves for a month with this, either I install 2013 (if possible on 8.1) or I use Microsoft Security Essentials...

I hope, I'm inside the topic perimeters :unsure:

Im never touching any Kaspersky product after reading this

I have a 2 year / 3 PC license for KIS which is not activated yet and I won't ever use it! total money waste on this garbage product

Patch C solved all problems. If you have win7 sp1, update net framework to version 4.5; update internet explorer to version 11; instal kav/kis 2014 and let it update to patch C.

Patch C solves all problems in windows 7. ( I think Internet Explorer 11 give a little help too...) Thanks, kaspersky!

Its not solved for me in crome.