pmorris1983

KES10 - connection failed, physical error

Hello,

I have rolled out Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent 10.03361 and Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.1.0.867 to a number of desktops running Windows 7 (and a couple with XP as well although this was more to test to see if it worked any better). These were all deployed via remote installations from my KSC Admin server 10.0.3361.

I'm having some problems with updates. When trying to update using Kaspersky Security Center I get : Error in Interaction with Kaspsersky Secuirty Center; Connection Failed, Physical Error.

Updating using the lab servers works a little better seeming to update our HQ site effectively but on WAN sites we get Network update errors (error downloading update files- object http://dnl-xx.geo.kaspersky.com). Although watching progress in realtime on machines it looks like some files are downloading sucessfully. However once getting to the end of the task it fails with a Cannot start task- Error downloading update files.

What also might be worth mentioning is that when doing the remote installs if I used "Using Network Agent" to deploy the packages it would not seem to report progress successfully back to the KSC Admin Server. It would freeze on "Copying files to target computer...."

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Peter Morris

Hello!

When the customer has "physical connection error" that means that SC is loaded with data processing. It means that when using group update task too many hosts are connected to SC.

Here are the recommendations:

1. Set the update schedule to 6-8 hours.

2. Increase randomization period.

3. Follow the recommendations in instruction attached to the private message.

Thank You!

Also bizzarely on a couple of machines I get a License Verification failed errors. Despite it being the same license/license file as the rest of the machines.

These are not standard update scheduled tasks (which I have set with randomisation schedules). These are single tasks being run to test. In total I'm only running 83 machines off this single KSC Admin (with only 29 running KES 10).

However I'll back down the updates even further and see if this improves. Updates every 6 hours with 1 hour randomisation.

Edited by pmorris1983

Still getting the same issues. I have now removed ALL update tasks apart from a manual update task that I have created in Tasks for specific computers and I only have a single machine in that. I have rebooted the admin server and the specific client a few times.

None of the machines will connect using KSC :(. Is there a newer version of the Network Agent than 10.0.3361? I'm sure it is this that's having issues communicating with the Admin server.

FYI machines are being upgraded from Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0.4.1424 with Net Agent (8.0.2090). These pointed to a different Admin Server (running the older version of the admin software).

On one of the PCs, try changing the agent setting to point to the IP address of the server instead of its name. Run klmover -address <serverIP>.

Also, make sure the PC gets imported into the Managed computers container from the Unassigned computers.

See attached- still happening.

Weirdly on this client machine I reinstalled both Netagent and KES and activated. As soon as I did this I ran an update task with KSC AND IT WORKED! However an hour later I looked at it again. All Reports had been deleted apart from the Advanced Disinfection. I tried running the same task again it failed. I'm VERY confused.

Also any idea why if I try and use the Network Agent to deploy KES (or remove my old version of KAV) it sticks at "Copying files"? The actual install proceeds and completes but from the Admin Server it looks like its perpetually copying files.

Machines are def in managed computers..

post-475777-1373375444_thumb.jpg

Is there any chance it could be a dodgy install of the Admin Server? There were a couple of "issues" with the install but our support suggested that there wasn't a problem....

Did you assign Update agents or could they have been automatically assigned? To verify go to the properties of Managed computers > Update agents. If you see anything there you did not assign, try deleting them and run update again.

No update agents assigned. Should I create one? Currently just trying to update machines within the same subnet as the Admin server.

Also out of interest should I ever see computers in the root of Managed computers? Always looks as attachment- even if I move a machine to the root.

post-475777-1373377818_thumb.jpg

No update agents assigned. Should I create one? Currently just trying to update machines within the same subnet as the Admin server.

I'm curious as to why the klnagchk output says "Host is a connection gateway" but you said you don't have any update agents assigned. See attachment.

post-113744-1373381143_thumb.jpg

Tried creating a couple of network agent deploys with "Use as connection agent" selected to see if this improved the situation. Obv this isn't being reported back to admin server properly. I'll uninstall network agents and reinstall without that option ticked (but as this was how they were previously it won't make a bit of difference)

Interestingly I've got screenshots that show the working>non working transition. Screen1 shows me having successfully run a task. Screen 2 shows the fact that the successful task does not appear in reports. Screen 3 shows me trying to run the task again but failing. You can see the FAILED job in reports but not the successful one!

post-475777-1373381776_thumb.jpg

Tried creating a couple of network agent deploys with "Use as connection agent" selected to see if this improved the situation. Obv this isn't being reported back to admin server properly. I'll uninstall network agents and reinstall without that option ticked (but as this was how they were previously it won't make a bit of difference)

Before reinstalling, you may want to reconfigure your network agent installation package to use server address instead of host name. => Repositories > Installation packages > NetAgent > Connection > Server address.

See attachment (sorry couldn't remember format to pipe out to a txt file!)

Can your PCs resolve AV3.scotcourts.local to 172.16.10.100? Just wondering, if DNS could be an issue.

Before reinstalling, you may want to reconfigure your network agent installation package to use server address instead of host name. => Repositories > Installation packages > NetAgent > Connection > Server address.

Way ahead of you ;)

Can your PCs resolve AV3.scotcourts.local to 172.16.10.100? Just wondering, if DNS could be an issue.

Yeah no probs there...

I'm running SQL Server Express 2008 on the same machine as the Admin kit. Its not running the SQL Server Agent (as Express doesn't let you). This isn't an issue?

Still haven't resolved this and Kaspersky Support haven't gotten back to me.

One weird thing is I don't seem to have a license key installed for the Admin Server. My reseller has said this is only required for mobile devices. Is this true- could this be the cause of my issues? The two licenses in picture are the only ones we were given for our upgrade and both state that they are not valid for Kaspersky Security Center (but roll out to clients ok).

post-475777-1374227333_thumb.jpg

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.