• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Долгое сохранение сообщений || Delays while posting   09/20/2017

По техническим причинам возможно визуально долгое отправление сообщений на форуме. Фактически ваше сообщение публикуется мгновенно - долго отрабатывает графика. В случае подобной ситуации, пожалуйста, сначала обновите страницу (F5) и проверьте, появилось ли ваше сообщение. Не пытайтесь сразу отправить его заново.  || Due to some technical reasons visual delays are possible while message sending. Actually your message is published immediately - just interface works long. In such case, please, do not re-send your message immediately! Press F5 to reload the page and check if your message/topic is published.
slowdive

Windows 8.1 - When will Kaspersky be compatible?

slowdive   

Hi.

I updated to windows 8.1 Pro (preview) released today (?) to the public, and KIS2013 is the only software installed that's not working.

Any fix on the way?

Thanks

post-17916-1372294676_thumb.png

Edited by richbuff
Post edit: del duplicate img screenshot. Topic edit: Chat is Off for this topic. "Any fix" will happen, when Rodion Nagornov said it will happen, when OS is Final. :)

richbuff   

1. Yes.

It will happen sometime in the future.

Kaspersky does not support Beta operating systems. More will be revealed when the operating system is not a Beta anymore.

Hi.

I updated to windows 8.1 Pro (preview) released today (?) to the public, and KIS2013 is the only software installed that's not working.

Any fix on the way?

Thanks

As richbuff said the issue is related to beta. KL products can be installed only on final releases of Windows.

TetsuRyu   

I understand that KL doesn't support betas, but I hope that richbuff's reply means that there will be a fix shortly for those of us that installed the Windows 8.1 preview

I understand that KL doesn't support betas, but I hope that richbuff's reply means that there will be a fix shortly for those of us that installed the Windows 8.1 preview

No it doesn't. It means it won't be ready for use with W8.1 until W8.1 is released to manufacturing by Microsoft and not an expiring technical preview which is not final code and could be changed in any number of ways still.

cs.oyen   

Hi,

Today i purchase a new antivirus, KIS 2013 and download the latest version (2014).

But i can't install it into my Windows 8.1 (RTM).

The application is not ready at this moment for 8.1?

Regards.

richbuff   
How to fix this ?

1. Wait for windows 8.1 to be available to the general public.

2. Go to the Kaspersky downloads website.

3. Download and Install Kaspersky.

4. Enjoy.

HeroGT   

After I installed Windows 8.1 Preview I cannot reinstall my KIS2013 that I bought. It was working on previous version Windows 7. How can I install it on Windows 8.1 Preview?

Edited by HeroGT

Although Kaspersky apparently supports only 'retail' versions of Windows-versions... as well as the upcoming Windows 8.1 (release mid-October), I think that - as a highly valued security company - Kaspersky have to support also the RTM-bits (when officially released by Microsoft on TechNet/MSDN) of Microsoft products with their product lineup.

There has been a huge beta-testing of Windows 8(.1) and Kaspersky has to take in mind (at least according to me) that there are lots of customers using this latest 8.1 OS already from Microsoft (even over 2 million as we speak)

yes, wait for Kaspersky to release a patch when Windows 8.1 is made available to the general public:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=267383

Got the answer:

1. Wait for windows 8.1 to be available to the general public.

2. Go to the Kaspersky downloads website.

3. Download and Install Kaspersky.

4. Enjoy.

I Concur the problem with beta OS support.

Thank you for navigating to the right thread and solution. :ay:

This thread could be closed.

//edit: Topic that had sunk to the hopelessly irretrievable sub-abysmal Stygian depths of the middle of page 1 has been bumped up via merge.

Edited by richbuff

yones7x   

Hi Guys,

I upgraded my OS from Win 8 to 8.1 :supercool:

and Kaspersky started with boot windows and It stopped and show me one message that told me the OS changed :dash1:

and I can't Reinstall or Remove Kaspersky, Because It say that don't work in my system

Now, I'm without any protection, also I have genuine key that working !

Please help me to force run Kaspersky

or put new version of Kaspersky that compatible with Win 8.1

How I can apply this patch?, I'm now in Win 8.1 !

You can't shouldn't it's in beta and was supposed to be released tomorrow on the 30th of sep, so wait until tomorrow/next week.

yones7x   
You can't shouldn't it's in beta and was supposed to be released tomorrow on the 30th of sep, so wait until tomorrow/next week.

No problem, I will wait this patch in new Setup file

Thank you for your interest

//edit: 1. Merged.

2. Link to beta bug report topic was removed. Please don't post such here, because doing so bypasses opportunity for readers to first see the Important readmefirst topics.

3. This topic thread has been consolidated. Your/this post serves to bump the original topic that had sunk to the hopelessly irretrievable sub-abysmal Stygian depths of the middle of page 1.

Other posts that served the same purpose over the past few days are no longer needed, and have been processed accordingly, to facilitate topic thread de-clutterfication.

4. Please scroll up, to view the now more easily discoverable solution.

4. The beta testing section of this forum has additional details posted there. Please review all of the Important topics, before deciding if you would like to participate in testing the patch that enables upgrade Windows 8.1 on top of both Windows 8 and Kaspersky 2014.

Edited by richbuff

ibbi1337   

On the US site, the download offered for KAV is: kav2014_14.0.0.4651aEN_4921

On the UK Site it's only kav14.0.0.4651en-gb.exe without the 4921 at the end

what is that 4921 digit? is this the version which already includes the B Patch?

The reason I ask is because I am on Windows 8.1 and I heard that you must use the installer which comes with the B Patch preinstalled otherwise the updater will not update to the B Patch yet until MS released Win 8.1 to the public

richbuff   

Merged.

Quote: "is this the version which already includes the B Patch?"

No, the B patch still has a few days to reach everyone via automatic updates. Seems a tad wee bit too early for the bundled installer that so many users have been flooding the various languages of this forum about for the past week.

When the bundled installer in En arrives, we will all find out about it at the same time. Therefore, "Are we there yet?" topics are not needed.