Sign in to follow this  
st1led

Kaspersky PURE 3.0 blocking Java on Windows 8 x64

Hi everybody, I'm using Kaspersky PURE 3.0 13.0.2.558 on Windows 8 x64 and I'm experiencing some problems with Java. Specifically, it looks like Kaspersky is blocking the java.exe process (i.e., the JRE process). Indeed, if I visit the Java Test page (http://www.java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp), I get a "test java2_1test vmapplet.class Class not found exception" error. In general, I can't manage to make java applets work, while instead locally executing the java process works with no problems. After many tries, the only workaround I could find was adding the java.exe as a Trusted Application and enabling the option "Do not scan network traffic".

Is it a known issue, or is it working as intended? Shouldn't Kaspersky recognize the java.exe process as safe?

Regards,

Stefano

Welcome.

Yes, it is a known issue. I assume it will be fixed with a patch sometime in near future.

Welcome.

Yes, it is a known issue. I assume it will be fixed with a patch sometime in near future.

Thank you for your support. I guess I'll stick with the workaround and wait for the patch.

Regards,

Stefano

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.