Sign in to follow this  
luvmaui@tx.rr.com

License Problem Detected

I have a 3-user license for Kaspersky that I used to install Kaspersky Pure 2.0 on mine and my husband's computers. We both started getting messages to upgrade to Pure 3.0. Our license comes up for renewal in about 45 days. I upgraded with no problem. When I upgraded my husband's laptop, I installed over Pure 2.0 as instructed on the website in order to preserve the databases and license information.

About 1 day after installation, he got the message "License Problem Detected. ?? integrity is broken. Protection is disabled. Reinstall the application."

I uninstalled Kaspersky, then reinstalled. Everything seemed fine. Then again, about a day later, he got the same message.

What is happening? Why won't it work on his laptop?

Are you using the PURE Password Manager?

And also please check system date/time is correct.

If you are Not using the PURE Password Manager: Please clean install PURE 3.0.

Download PURE 3.0 from links contained in the Important topics.

After you download PURE 3.0, right click the red K tray icon > Exit > uninstall PURE 2.0 > reboot > install PURE 3.0 > update databases > reboot.

If you are using the PURE Password Manager: Please migrate to PURE 3.0.

Migration instructions are located in the second Important topic.

I am having the exact same problem. It had happened a few times but a reboot usually fixed it. After some net searches I did the uninstall/reinstall and it was ok for a couple of days, but today it has happened again. I am using Win7 64, and am not using password manager.

If you are Not using the PURE Password Manager: Please clean install PURE 3.0.

Download PURE 3.0 from links contained in the Important topics.

After you download PURE 3.0, right click the red K tray icon > Exit > uninstall PURE 2.0 > reboot > install PURE 3.0 > update databases > reboot.

If you are using the PURE Password Manager: Please migrate to PURE 3.0.

Migration instructions are located in the second Important topic.

I've done all of that twice. The second time was yesterday morning and it still seems to be working today. The difference was when I uninstalled the Pure 3.0 I had loaded the day before. Even though we do not use Password Manager, when the uninstall wizard asked whether I wanted to retain any information for the new installation, I unchecked Password Manager databases. I just looked at my husband's laptop and Kaspersky is working with the licensing information intact. So, I guess it's OK now.

PamJP: Please post back if any further issues.

Strandline: Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Having the same issue. I have uninstalled/reinstalled Pure 3.0 twice now, and it works fine for a few days, then it gives the license info warning. I am not using password manager.

Here is GetSystemInfo link: GetSystemInfo

Also,

I'm not very internet savvy or used to using forums so sorry if I've replied in the wrong place. I am trying to post as our family are also having license issues with Kaspersky. We have a three year license for Pure - we are about midway through it with about 18 months left on it. We are only using it on a single computer running Windows 7. We have had ongoing license issues with it almost since new - frequent messages coming up. Then we had major license issues with it when it was six months into the three year subscription. Kaspersky support(?) sent some link which I clicked on and Pure was replaced by Pure 2. This fix seemed to work most of the time - for the last year anyway - to elaborate during the last year maybe a dozen times Pure 2 has come up with a message that says it has no license, but each time if I click the fix button it seems to fix itself. No luck this time however - clicking fix is not fixing it and I've tried repeatedly for several hours now.

The only thing that seems to be different is that in the last two days Kaspersky has come up with a message at start up - something about failing to launch. Both times I've clicked on the message which says send the info about the issue to Kaspersky so they can improve it. In spite of the message about failing to launch, Kasperksy ran its regular update and then started running the regular scans. Then this morning, about half an hour into the scan it came up with another message that there was no firewall and then when I checked it said there is no license. This has happened before - but clicking the fix button normally fixes it. This time when I clicked fix it didn't fix it however. Instead it asked me for a product key - so I gave it the original one in our email (which is supposed to be a valid license for 3 years) because that's the only one I have. When I typed the product key in, it said that it wanted me to buy another subscription! We've still got about 18 months left of our paid subscription so I don't see why I should have to buy another subscription. Next my husband tried it. For him it came up with the message that we have the wrong product key code - even though we typed it in correctly three times and checked it from the email.

At the risk of sounding disgruntled and obnoxious I don't understand why there are so many license issues with Kaspersky. If I buy a three year subscription to a magazine I get that magazine for three years. If I pay for my drivers license for three years - it's good for three years. So how come Kaspersky comes up with these license issues so frequently? I don't understand and more importantly our computer is unprotected and my children want to email their school assignments and I'm worried it's too risky to send emails. I hope you can resolve the license issue shortly as it makes customers like us feel cheated - we paid for something for 3 years and the messages from Kaspersky are saying we haven't and we have to pay again. For the record the time is correct on my computer and we are not on daylight saving nor have we changed to/from a daylight saving time any time while subscribed to Kaspersky. Suggestions?

edit: Also, sted quote.

Edited by richbuff

RayM321: Please scroll up to see the reply that I posted for you.

outback: Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

The issue of losing the licence data is nothing to do with passwords, but instead is caused by a Microsoft security update number 2823324 - this should be uninstalled, restart your machine and Kaspersky is immediately restored and merely needs to be updated. Microsoft is aware of this problem and recommends the uninstallation.

Hope this helps.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.