Alexander Ilin

Suggestions for Kaspersky Security Center 10. [In progress]

It was great until the last update, bad hotspot shield bad VPN. Best antivirus and most trustworthy..lost trust in Norton long back.

Looks best when it works...but latest upgrade with hotspot shield feature really sucks...

Edited by Titanlists
Duplicate

It would be nice to have the “system model” under hardware inventory (Model attribute from Win32_ComputerSystem) of each computer object. Currently there is only the mainboard name or id (e.g. 1497), but it would be nice to have the manufactures name of the computer model (e.g. HP Compaq 6200 Pro SFF PC) as well.

It would be nice to have the “system model” under hardware inventory (Model attribute from Win32_ComputerSystem) of each computer object. Currently there is only the mainboard name or id (e.g. 1497), but it would be nice to have the manufactures name of the computer model (e.g. HP Compaq 6200 Pro SFF PC) as well.

Ability to easily change KSC certificate when/before it expires (without setting up a new KSC and move all the computers to the new one, see

I would really like to suggest to re implement the feature "Stop the task if it takes more than(min)" to make more sense. At this time and according to "Dimtry Eremeev" that feature only counts the task duration when all machines in a group are running. My suggestion is to add an option such "Count regardless of the running machines". so that that feature makes more sense. Kindly, check this link HERE to know why I suggest this and the issue I'm facing because of its current implementation.

Edited by Unexpected

I suggest downloading updates according to Installed Management Plugins.

I mean First KSC Checks the Plugins, then download the related product updates for them.

I mean First KSC Checks the Plugins, then download the related product updates for them.

The KSC inventory module in the advanced version promises to bring a report with the software that is installed on the machines.
However, there is a flaw in this when generating the installed software report.
The report gives a general summary of all installed applications, and does not bring us which machines have which applications, in detail.

What does Kasperky have to say about it?

If you do not have a solution yet, here's how to create this column.

The KSC inventory module in the advanced version promises to bring a report with the software that is installed on the machines.
However, there is a flaw in this when generating the installed software report.
The report gives a general summary of all installed applications, and does not bring us which machines have which applications, in detail.

What does Kasperky have to say about it?

If you do not have a solution yet, here's how to create this column.

Please allow OS build version to be visible in the overview and/or a report. With Windows 10 being the last version of windows, it doesnt help to know that a pc runs windows 10, there's already 4 different versions of windows 10, with barying features and support.

Please allow OS build version to be visible in the overview and/or a report. With Windows 10 being the last version of windows, it doesnt help to know that a pc runs windows 10, there's already 4 different versions of windows 10, with barying features and support.

+ One DB update task for all applications (AV8, KS10, KES10) plus a way to run batches of X computers every n minutes without the need of creating collections or separate tasks. The delay seems not to cover it.

+ Easy way to migrate Trusted Zone between applications, i.e. KES <-> KS. Right now it's manual work to copy exclusions and trusted apps.

+ Other way to manage connection profiles in Network Agent policy. Right now we have to type in one by one all addresses. Image we have couple dozen of gateways and we need to type it all in. Not even mentioning reviewing them, etc. One should be able to export and import those.

Per-user customizable view for the Tasks page in KSC.  Whenever I go there, I tend to be looking for tasks far down the page so I have to close out the various categories of update tasks, scan tasks, etc.  At least make it show the same screen I had up the previous time and not have everything auto-expanded each time.

Per-user customizable view for the Tasks page in KSC.  Whenever I go there, I tend to be looking for tasks far down the page so I have to close out the various categories of update tasks, scan tasks, etc.  At least make it show the same screen I had up the previous time and not have everything auto-expanded each time.

If there could be a synchronization button for the "Encryption (account management)" task so that when a user changes their Active Directory password, you can click the button to ensure that after restarting the machine, you don't have to use the old password for the authentication pre-boot screen and then the new password for logging into Windows.

I know that it currently works, if you allow automatic synchronization between the client and the server, but at times a user will reboot the machine directly after changing the password, causing the use of 2 different passwords for authentication.

Hopefully this hasn't been requested before. Too many to read through.

We have multiple computer techs. I would like if I could (1) give them special rights to right-click on computer and simple install latest agent and a/v that are available in my install packages (2) This should not create a new task in the task branch of Kaspersky console. It should just do it and go away. Maybe give an install percent status as it is working. Making a new task in the task branch of KSC for every one-off computer install just junks up the task folder, so I do not allow it right now. 

Ability to move Application Privilege Control Rules to different policies easier

It's a massive pain having to individually type in the same file extensions multiple times in different policies

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.