Alexander Ilin

Suggestions for Kaspersky Security Center 10. [In progress]

I would also like to see this!

Hello,

what are sources and destinations for such kind of import/export ?

Thank you.

I would also like to see this!

I'm not sure what you mean about Sources and Destinations...

I would like the requested Import/Export functionality to be available for all modules within an Policy.

So for KES10, Add the Import/Export functionality to the following Modules/Sections that can have lists

Hello,

please attach screen shots which illustrate your suggestion with arrows where objects should be moved.

Thank you.

attached

post-441385-1471852567_thumb.png

More control over local tasks rather than just disabling them in KSC policy!

There is no ways to run a local vulnerability scan task so the user can see vulnerabilities reported in the local KES interface when the KSC policy has local tasks disabled. For IT administrators at least have a report that will show the vulnerabilities on the KSC server by computer.

I see most people are disabling the local tasks because of the preset full scan which does not work with maintenance schedules.

Again, please allow more control over the local tasks from the KSC server rather than just disabling them. You can't replace the vulnerability local scan tasks with a group task because you don't see the results on the local KES client interface.

Edited by Peter222

It would be very useful for us if we had the option to record browsing history within KSC or at least locally on the client.

More control over local tasks rather than just disabling them in KSC policy!

There is no ways to run a local vulnerability scan task so the user can see vulnerabilities reported in the local KES interface when the KSC policy has local tasks disabled. For IT administrators at least have a report that will show the vulnerabilities on the KSC server by computer.

I see most people are disabling the local tasks because of the preset full scan which does not work with maintenance schedules.

Again, please allow more control over the local tasks from the KSC server rather than just disabling them. You can't replace the vulnerability local scan tasks with a group task because you don't see the results on the local KES client interface.

Hello,

why do you need local interface ? You're administrator and you have KSC console for remote management of the whole infrastructure.

Thank you.

It would be very useful for us if we had the option to record browsing history within KSC or at least locally on the client.

Hello,

suggestion № 4238

Thank you.

Hello,

why do you need local interface ? You're administrator and you have KSC console for remote management of the whole infrastructure.

Thank you.

Hello Dmitry,

I think he just wants to manage the local tasks too in place of disable them with the "reg hack" or just hide them with the policy.

We had same issues where a full scan task was run every mondays à 7pm and we just diagnose that the local task was hidden but ran in background..

Not sure but it was a suggestion that has been registered some months ago.

Best regards

I will appreciate these features:

Tool for Policy Backup only (all)

A way to change a part of the policy and replicate to all other

Thanks

Hello,

you can copy policy in KSC console and edit this copy of your choice.

Thank you.

Hi,

Some of the customers are running MS SQL server on custom ports so it would be great if you could add the option to specify the SQL Server port during the custom installation of Kaspersky Security Center.

Sometimes, I recognize “Virus detected” events about “not-a-virus” objects. I understand what it is when Kaspersky finds “RemoteAdmin” Tools like VNC or Radmin or something else, but there are also categories, which are not self-explaining. Is it possible to create an overview about the existing categories (not only “not-a-virus”), examples which software is categorized (for example VNC -> RemoteAdmin) and an explanation, what it is and how dangerous it is?

I know it from other vendors (e.g. Bluecoat) that they publish a list of possible (site) categories and detailed explanation and example sites (see https://sitereview.bluecoat.com/categories.jsp).

From my point of view it would be nice to have something similar from Kaspersky.

see https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry2634869

I recognized some PCs (with limited hard disk space) where older agent dump files or KES dump files consumed (from a few 100 MB) up to a few GB of hard disk space.

On one side it would be nice to have a PC state like “dump files exist” in KSC and on the other side it would be nice to have an automatic clean-up (e.g. clean-up when dump is older than one month).

I agree that these application crashes should be investigated but it is hard to find out that the application crashed and when it only happens once or twice, it is not worth to open up a call. The main problem for me at the moment is that these dump files consume hard disk space.

See https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...p;#entry2637886

Am I the only one that hates the new color scheme? I know it may sound superficial, but the new scheme puts a lot more strain on my eyes. There's way too much white and not enough darker colors to provide contrast. I thought the old design was very good, not sure why it had to be changed.

Good afternoon all,

Was wondering if anyone had come across an issue in where the Security Center 10 console would miss report when AV has been installed / updated? We have over 5000 endpoints that have kaspersky deployed to them, however the console seems to have a mind of its own when it comes to determining if Kaspersky is installed or not.

For example, A workstation has both the latest Network Agent installed and then a fresh install of Kaspersky MR3. The console shows Kaspersky has being installed successfully and up to date. Within a few days however, this status changes to "NO AV Installed". I am positive this is not the case as checking the local machine shows the AV being installed, updated ect. [

Hi,

Suggestion on kaspersky system management

1.Reporting format...

If i go application repository click on particular app in computers it shows installed computers but if i want an report of that particular app it shows no of systems installed but not showing users

if any task we are running we dont get report of that just we result but a proper report

Thirdparty license management also very difficult plz refer Lansweeper product

Thirdparty soft installation bit difficult for searching command executable files

We purchased System managment recently but not helping me any where

Recently our management asked me to give report on adobe product users installed in networks but i could not able to generate.....it is showing only number of users not names of users this is an simple report

Hi,

Could you please describe your feature request?

What exactly you want to reach?

BR

Dear Sir

AN IN BUILT FEATURE IN ENDPOINT TO COPY KNOWN EXTENSION IN SECURE PLACE by scheduled WHICH WILL BE available in case of ransomware attack .eg Quick heal, escan other brand provide this kind of functionality in there endpoint.

Sir,

there must be a patch update that will update the KSC from previous version to the new(required) version instead of removing and reinstalling the required one.

Thanks.

Sir,

there must be a patch update that will update the KSC from previous version to the new(required) version instead of removing and reinstalling the required one.

Thanks.

Hello,

al new versions can be installed on top of previous versions, unless you use very old version and you try to install the latest versions on top.

Thank you.

There were always some issues with KSC , KES and network agent from the older Versions of these applications up to now and have not been fixed up to KSC 10.3.407 , KES 10.2.5.3201!!!

I am going to mention this problems .hope to solve the issues on the following versions.

Kaspersky security center:

1- Inventory task does not work for application registry.

When we refer to make a category of registry files we encounter an error saying: information of executable files of this application is not available .you may have to run the inventory task.

Although we run the inventory task, still we encounter the same error.

2- In some cases everything is ok on the client (status) but on the other side on the console the status shows something else e.g. “protection is off”

We see this issue vice versa: there is a problem on the client but the console shows that the status is ok. (Green status with no status description)

3- The progress bar on the tasks does not work properly.

For instance the download update to the repository task is working, the status bar is at the ending but the percentage is at 30% level!!!

In another case for example you have run the network agent installation task on 100 clients , when you check you see that the network agent is installed on all the clients but the agent installation task is not finished yet!(the status bar does not work properly)

You can see the same issue on scan and update task.

4- In some cases e.g. the scan task does not complete anymore.

You have run the scan task today, after passing two or three days the scan task is not completed yet!

5- In most cases KES is protection off and on the console when you go to the properties of the client on the application tab you right click on the Kaspersky endpoint security and push the start button. The protection will be started but after doing a lot of synchronizations still the status shows protection off!

6- In some cases you make a rule for blocking e.g. telegram application via creating category and applying it on the application startup control. The scenario works.

On the other side on the other company or server you do the same scenario but unfortunately does not work on the clients!!!

The KSC is KSC. On two same servers you do the same scenario, on one of them it works, on the other one it fails.

7- In some cases in different operating systems on the console you encounter the following error:

The MMC cannot initialize the snap in.

The reason is unknown.

Kaspersky has said that by removing the folder MMC on the Microsoft folder the issue is resolved.

When you do that in some cases the issue is resolved for a few days, after a few days the error happens again.

8- In some cases the agent synchronization interval e.g. is set to 10 min. when you shut down a client after passing e.g. 1 hour the KSC shows that the client is turned off!!!

9- You assign update agent to a group that contains 10 clients. You have chosen “client1” as an update agent. When you start the update task instead of showing that the client1 is getting the update files in order to send it to the other clients , simultaneously the status shows 3 or 4 clients that are getting the updates together.(there is something wrong with the status bar)

10- In some tasks only in a few places when you run a task e.g. “add key task” or customized “update task” despite the client is on and the status is ok , the task result shows “scheduled” and the task does not apply to the client. In some cases the task is applied to the client but the task result shows “scheduled” or “computer is not available” while the client is available!!!

11- On a network the range of IP Address is set to 192.168.1.1 /16 . The network is connected to a hardware firewall and this results in changing of the range of IP Address to e.g. 172.26.0.0 /16 .

On this situation the client is connected to the console and the UDP Port 15000 is open .when we refer to the computer properties on the console and when we go to tasks, it is not possible to change the tasks .the tasks are grayed out.

When on the client properties we enable the “do not disconnect from the administration server” option the issue is resolved but unfortunately this does not help when the network e.g. consist of 100 clients. Because as you know the traffic reaches maximum and this is not a good solution.

When Kaspersky wanted to release the KSC 10.3.407, said that this problem is resolved in the released version. Unfortunately the issue is still remained the same!!

Network agent issues:

1- In some cases you install network agent on one client, after passing 2 or three hours the mentioned client is not appeared on the console yet.

Kaspersky endpoint security issues:

1- In some cases usually on windows xp when you try to install KES you encounter this error :

Error 27300. Error installing driver klim6.sys_x64

That you cannot fix the issue anymore.

We have to tell the costumers to change the windows and install fresh windows.

2- In most cases even the latest version of Kaspersky uninstall tool does not work on the client.

It cannot uninstall the KES product. It is a tool to uninstall the Kaspersky products at any circumstances. I don’t know why sometimes it cannot remove the application?!!!

3- In some cases when you install the KES , when you open the application it shows “malfunction”

In another case in some places Kaspersky has been installed for a long time , the status on the client is ok but sometimes it shows “malfunction”

When Kaspersky wanted to release KES 10.2.5.3201, said that this issue is resolved on this version but still we have the same issue on the KES 10.2.5.3201!!

4- In some situations device control is applied to the client. When connecting a special keyboard or mouse, KES blocks access to the device while we have chosen to block removable driver.

It affects non removable drivers!!

5- In another situation removable drivers has been blocked on the clients , we run an installation file from e.g. desktop , the installation wizard starts extracting the installation files on a driver by default . KES shows a pop up and says that device control has blocked the driver while we have not connected a removable drive!!! The result is that we cannot install the application unless we disable the device control or we exit the KES.(the application is Microsoft .net framework 4.5).

The KES cannot differentiate between drivers. And it makes a mistake !!!

There were always some issues with KSC , KES and network agent from the older Versions of these applications up to now and have not been fixed up to KSC 10.3.407 , KES 10.2.5.3201!!!

I am going to mention this problems .hope to solve the issues on the following versions.

Kaspersky security center:

1- Inventory task does not work for application registry.

When we refer to make a category of registry files we encounter an error saying: information of executable files of this application is not available .you may have to run the inventory task.

Although we run the inventory task, still we encounter the same error.

2- In some cases everything is ok on the client (status) but on the other side on the console the status shows something else e.g. “protection is off”

We see this issue vice versa: there is a problem on the client but the console shows that the status is ok. (Green status with no status description)

3- The progress bar on the tasks does not work properly.

For instance the download update to the repository task is working, the status bar is at the ending but the percentage is at 30% level!!!

In another case for example you have run the network agent installation task on 100 clients , when you check you see that the network agent is installed on all the clients but the agent installation task is not finished yet!(the status bar does not work properly)

You can see the same issue on scan and update task.

4- In some cases e.g. the scan task does not complete anymore.

You have run the scan task today, after passing two or three days the scan task is not completed yet!

5- In most cases KES is protection off and on the console when you go to the properties of the client on the application tab you right click on the Kaspersky endpoint security and push the start button. The protection will be started but after doing a lot of synchronizations still the status shows protection off!

6- In some cases you make a rule for blocking e.g. telegram application via creating category and applying it on the application startup control. The scenario works.

On the other side on the other company or server you do the same scenario but unfortunately does not work on the clients!!!

The KSC is KSC. On two same servers you do the same scenario, on one of them it works, on the other one it fails.

7- In some cases in different operating systems on the console you encounter the following error:

The MMC cannot initialize the snap in.

The reason is unknown.

Kaspersky has said that by removing the folder MMC on the Microsoft folder the issue is resolved.

When you do that in some cases the issue is resolved for a few days, after a few days the error happens again.

8- In some cases the agent synchronization interval e.g. is set to 10 min. when you shut down a client after passing e.g. 1 hour the KSC shows that the client is turned off!!!

9- You assign update agent to a group that contains 10 clients. You have chosen “client1” as an update agent. When you start the update task instead of showing that the client1 is getting the update files in order to send it to the other clients , simultaneously the status shows 3 or 4 clients that are getting the updates together.(there is something wrong with the status bar)

10- In some tasks only in a few places when you run a task e.g. “add key task” or customized “update task” despite the client is on and the status is ok , the task result shows “scheduled” and the task does not apply to the client. In some cases the task is applied to the client but the task result shows “scheduled” or “computer is not available” while the client is available!!!

11- On a network the range of IP Address is set to 192.168.1.1 /16 . The network is connected to a hardware firewall and this results in changing of the range of IP Address to e.g. 172.26.0.0 /16 .

On this situation the client is connected to the console and the UDP Port 15000 is open .when we refer to the computer properties on the console and when we go to tasks, it is not possible to change the tasks .the tasks are grayed out.

When on the client properties we enable the “do not disconnect from the administration server” option the issue is resolved but unfortunately this does not help when the network e.g. consist of 100 clients. Because as you know the traffic reaches maximum and this is not a good solution.

When Kaspersky wanted to release the KSC 10.3.407, said that this problem is resolved in the released version. Unfortunately the issue is still remained the same!!

Network agent issues:

1- In some cases you install network agent on one client, after passing 2 or three hours the mentioned client is not appeared on the console yet.

Kaspersky endpoint security issues:

1- In some cases usually on windows xp when you try to install KES you encounter this error :

Error 27300. Error installing driver klim6.sys_x64

That you cannot fix the issue anymore.

We have to tell the costumers to change the windows and install fresh windows.

2- In most cases even the latest version of Kaspersky uninstall tool does not work on the client.

It cannot uninstall the KES product. It is a tool to uninstall the Kaspersky products at any circumstances. I don’t know why sometimes it cannot remove the application?!!!

3- In some cases when you install the KES , when you open the application it shows “malfunction”

In another case in some places Kaspersky has been installed for a long time , the status on the client is ok but sometimes it shows “malfunction”

When Kaspersky wanted to release KES 10.2.5.3201, said that this issue is resolved on this version but still we have the same issue on the KES 10.2.5.3201!!

4- In some situations device control is applied to the client. When connecting a special keyboard or mouse, KES blocks access to the device while we have chosen to block removable driver.

It affects non removable drivers!!

5- In another situation removable drivers has been blocked on the clients , we run an installation file from e.g. desktop , the installation wizard starts extracting the installation files on a driver by default . KES shows a pop up and says that device control has blocked the driver while we have not connected a removable drive!!! The result is that we cannot install the application unless we disable the device control or we exit the KES.(the application is Microsoft .net framework 4.5).

The KES cannot differentiate between drivers. And it makes a mistake !!!

Hello,

you got reply in your topic.

Thank you.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.