joschi4

Pure VS KIS: drag behind?

I'm still testing Pure 3.0. Now for 2 weeks and I did notice something else which I would like to hear your opinions.

As I was many years a KIS (Kaspersky Internet Security) user I can compare this two softwares. I have this feeling: KIS has the first priority. When Kaspersky invents something new, KIS would become it first (e.g. plugins like Content Blocker, safe money transfers). Due to Pure's upgrade from 2 to 3, Pure becomes the same features, but KIS had this features already some months before.

The same with patches and bugfixes. In KIS 2013 existed a bug where is was impossible to save the virus scan settings permanently. KIS lost this settings everytime, so you were unanble to give the order when KIS should start the scans. Finally (after almost one year!!) this bug were fixed (I would say, some months ago). But, in the newest Pure version, I'm testing now, this Bug still exists!

Conclusion

So that means, Pure has not the first priority for Kaspersky. The Pure user must wait some time to get the same Benefit as the "big brother" KIS.

My question is, how long takes this process? How long Pure users must wait to get this (sometimes important) updates?

Thanks

I'm still testing Pure 3.0. Now for 2 weeks and I did notice something else which I would like to hear your opinions.

As I was many years a KIS (Kaspersky Internet Security) user I can compare this two softwares. I have this feeling: KIS has the first priority. When Kaspersky invents something new, KIS would become it first (e.g. plugins like Content Blocker, safe money transfers). Due to Pure's upgrade from 2 to 3, Pure becomes the same features, but KIS had this features already some months before.

The same with patches and bugfixes. In KIS 2013 existed a bug where is was impossible to save the virus scan settings permanently. KIS lost this settings everytime, so you were unanble to give the order when KIS should start the scans. Finally (after almost one year!!) this bug were fixed (I would say, some months ago). But, in the newest Pure version, I'm testing now, this Bug still exists!

Conclusion

So that means, Pure has not the first priority for Kaspersky. The Pure user must wait some time to get the same Benefit as the "big brother" KIS.

My question is, how long takes this process? How long Pure users must wait to get this (sometimes important) updates?

Thanks

Hello.

I think you need to contact KL support with this question.

Hello.

I think you need to contact KL support with this question.

The KL support is overburden, I'm waiting now 3 weeks, and not any reply received. My question can be answered (even better) from the user's experience.

PURE development and KIS development are pi radians out of phase with each other.

About six months after one is released, the other one is released.

About six months after one begins testing cycle, the other one begins testing cycle.

We can't make all of the people happy........ ...... ... all of the time.

At any given point in time, someone is not going to be as happy as the other person.

For more detailed information, please follow the directions that Sergey Krugletsov posted for you.

PURE development and KIS development are pi radians out of phase with each other.

About six months after one is released, the other one is released.

About six months after one begins testing cycle, the other one begins testing cycle.

We can't make all of the people happy........ ...... ... all of the time.

At any given point in time, someone is not going to be as happy as the other person.

For more detailed information, please follow the directions that Sergey Krugletsov posted for you.

Wow 6 months...:-)

Thank you for the information. This helps to force a decision for me.

As I was many years a KIS (Kaspersky Internet Security) user I can compare this two softwares.

Better stay with KIS. Pure/Cristal has delay in development compare with KIS, plus pure has additional bugs related to extra soft which included in pure. i gona downgrade my license from pure/crystal to kis

I agree, I thought Pure was Kaspersky's most premium consumer product but updates are much slower than KIS. I wished my Pure license would work on KIS, the same way a KIS license works on KAV but unfortunately it doesn't. I asked for a downgrade to tech support but I never received a reply instead the ticket was just closed

I do not agree.

Kaspersky Pure is a high-end product and it is logical that its development is lagging behind that of KIS: in fact, KIS is updated before but this results in the presence of various initial bugs that often exist for a long time:

for example, is still trying to solve some serious problem in KIS 2013, and in recent days has been released the patch "G".

In the meantime, it is already in the test version of KIS 2014 ... and also this version, once final, will be with a variety of bugs.

So, better a delay in the development of Kaspersky Pure compared to KIS.

Ok PURE 3 also has some problems, but compared to all the problems we had from KIS 2013 is just a little!

Regards.

I do not agree.

Kaspersky Pure is a high-end product and it is logical that its development is lagging behind that of KIS: in fact, KIS is updated before but this results in the presence of various initial bugs that often exist for a long time:

for example, is still trying to solve some serious problem in KIS 2013, and in recent days has been released the patch "G".

In the meantime, it is already in the test version of KIS 2014 ... and also this version, once final, will be with a variety of bugs.

I can say only this: I agree with you that is logical that its development is lagging behind that of KIS. It is also ok for me when Pure don't have the same new features as KIS, but I do not agree about the known (and fixed) bugs in KIS which these exatly same bugs (In my first input here you can read one example) still exists in Pure. Why Pure user must wait so long to get important patches? To wait 6 months I think is very long time for patches.

And to be considered as well:

I was awaken that Pure users should use Firefox ESR version which get every year one release. As I am not a company (which Firefox ESR is basically made for), I do have to think as a company.

And this is also something which for me is not satisfying:

There is no solution for KIS users to import all there many passwords and links into Pure!

This three arguments are the most important one's which will prevent users from buying Pure.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.