kolobashkin

Update KB2823324

You are welcome to participate in testing the patch addresses the issues arisen after KB2823324 is installed.

In order to install the patch please follow this instruction:

Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations / Servers versions 6.0.4.1424 and 6.0.4.1611

1. Download and unzip kav6mp4_fix_kb2823324.zip

2. Read the EULA.

3. If you agree with EULA, install patch as described in KB9844.

4. After the patch is applied, reboot the affected computers.

5. If the chkdsk utility is launched upon restart, let it complete the disk scanning.

6. After the reboot, the license has to be added automatically and the chkdsk utility is no longer due to be launched while subsequent rebooting.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows version 8.1.0.831

1. Download and unzip patch_pf98.zip

2. Read the EULA.

3. If you agree with EULA, install the patch as described in KB8755.

4. After the patch is applied reboot the affected computers.

5. If the chkdsk utility is launched upon restart, let it complete the disk scanning.

6. After the reboot, the chkdsk utility is no longer due to be launched while subsequent rebooting.

Please inform us about the result.

Thank you for cooperation.

Just applied the above patch to 3 Win2K8 R2 servers running KAV for File Servers 6.0.4.1424 and it appears to have fixed the problem. No more event 55 NTFS errors and no more dirty NTFS volume.

If this patch is updated will that information be entered into this forum thread?

Thank you.

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed that once a workstation has been rebooted, or left off over night, some of them have Kaspersky de-activated. But, if you leave it for a while Kaspersky will start up and function fine, although not for all machines.

I've also noticed on my servers that the offending update, KB2823324, is un-ticked in the list of available updates.

Hope this is of help to someone.

Sean :blink:

Please read this KB Microsoft article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2839011/en-us

Microsoft is investigating behavior where systems may not recover from a restart, or applications cannot load, after security update 2823324 is applied. We recommend that customers uninstall this update. As an added precaution, Microsoft has removed the download links to the 2823324 update while we investigate.

Any way to roll this out using an Update distribution folder? Yet another Kaspersky fix that leaves us (the paying customers) to spend all our time resolving and installing.

I don't care that you blame Microsoft, if it's Microsoft's fault THEN WHY DOES IT ONLY AFFECT KASPERSKY?

Placing blame doesn't help us administrators in the field, just FIX THE PROBLEM and STOP IT HAPPENING AGAIN!

Any way to roll this out using an Update distribution folder? Yet another Kaspersky fix that leaves us (the paying customers) to spend all our time resolving and installing.

I don't care that you blame Microsoft, if it's Microsoft's fault THEN WHY DOES IT ONLY AFFECT KASPERSKY?

Placing blame doesn't help us administrators in the field, just FIX THE PROBLEM and STOP IT HAPPENING AGAIN!

This problem is concerned not only Kaspersky users - look at internet forums.

Microsoft was changed OS system architecture!!! - It'a like a Service Pack .

THEN WHY DOES IT ONLY AFFECT KASPERSKY?

Kaspersky Lab programs are not the only that were affected.

Maybe I'm biased because I've been installing, using and recommending Kaspersky for many years to everyone (since AVG6 went poor and Sophos went the same way) so apologies for venting my frustrations on here.

Is my time going to be better spent rolling out EP10 (which is unaffected by this problem) rather than fixing EP8?

You are welcome to participate in testing the patch addresses the issues arisen after KB2823324 is installed.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows version 8.1.0.831

1. Download and unzip patch_pf98.zip

2. Read the EULA.

3. If you agree with EULA, install the patch as described in KB8755.

4. After the patch is applied reboot the affected computers.

6. After the reboot, the chkdsk utility is no longer due to be launched while subsequent rebooting.

Works great for me! THX

Just tried the patch for mp4... kav6mp4_fix_kb2823324 for 6.0.4.1.424

It did not work

Hello, I applied the patch on 2 PC, one with version 6.0.4.1424 and the other with 6.0.4.1611. The patch works great and solved the problems. Just follow exactly the instructions, and install the patch as described in this article: http://support.kaspersky.com/9844

Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations / Servers versions 6.0.4.1424 and 6.0.4.1611

2. Read the EULA.

6. After the reboot, the license has to be added automatically and the chkdsk utility is no longer due to be launched while subsequent rebooting.

Hello,

patch for KAV MP4 6.0.4.1611 works great!

Hi

I have tested patch on 4 pcs with KES 8.1.0.831 and seems to have solved issue. Thanks

We have 700 pcs running Windows 7. KB2823324 has been applied to 200+.

I want to deploy patch_pf98 to 200+ pcs through KSC. Mys question is can i deploy patch_pf98

to all 700 pcs including pcs with havent had KB2823324 applied?

or will i need to find out which pcs have has KB2823324 installed and apply patch to only these pcs?

Please advise?

2. Read the EULA.

Hello all , when i launch it , nothing append , no screen etc.. , i ran it as administrator but same issue

I don't if it applied or not

thank for your hel

Hello all , when i launch it , nothing append , no screen etc.. , i ran it as administrator but same issue

thank for your hel

Assuming you've configured KAV with a password, and you run the patch from a command prompt with a password, the only behavior you will see is it will unload KAV. Open the KAV app, then run the patch, and you should see it immediately closes KAV. Then reboot.

thank for your hel

One of the changes I noticed after applying the patch is that a file named crpthlpr.ppl in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers MP4\ folder was changed. If you see that too it likely indicates the patch at least did something, and probably successfully ran.

Also you can go to Start then Run, type in %temp% then hit enter and look for a file called kavpatcherlog.txt and open it. It should say "Updated successfully" about 4 lines up from the bottom. The patch doesn't take hold until after a system restart.

One of the changes I noticed after applying the patch is that a file named crpthlpr.ppl in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Servers MP4\ folder was changed. If you see that too it likely indicates the patch at least did something, and probably successfully ran.

Also you can go to Start then Run, type in %temp% then hit enter and look for a file called kavpatcherlog.txt and open it. It should say "Updated successfully" about 4 lines up from the bottom. The patch doesn't take hold until after a system restart.

thanks i will look at

Only indication I've had on the ~20 machines I've installed it on was KES8 prompting for a restart... The restart will be VERY slow and chkdsk will run one last time upon reboot... Then KES takes ~5mins to show up/start, Action Center will register that it isn't running. Restart one last time and things should be back to normal.

We've been running into this issue as well on KAV v.6 MP4 and KES v.8 (I'm not sure if both 831 and 646.)

Has anyone had this issue with Endpoint Security 10?

I've just installed the latest Security Center and install package, and I'm wondering if I should start deploying it to avoid these issues. (I'm trying it with a few computers.)

I think there is a command line that you can utilize to remove the offending Microsoft update.

Would it be possible to create a .bat file and push it out from Security Center? and just skip the kaspersky patch entirely?

I think there is a command line that you can utilize to remove the offending Microsoft update.

Would it be possible to create a .bat file and push it out from Security Center? and just skip the kaspersky patch entirely?

KB2823324 supports removal, so you should be able to add a command-line script to the KSC repository (as described here), just as you would an executable. As per KB2839011:

wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:2823324 /quiet /norestart

Otherwise, you can try removing the offending update remotely using PsExec, as KB2839011 also details.

If you are using WSUS and have not done so already, be sure to either "un-approve" or 'Approve for Removal' the offending update, to avoid client machines re-requesting it. Although, you may have to run wuwuclt.exe /detectnow remotely via command-line script (or a third-party tool) if clients have not re-detected in the meantime.

Regards.

Edited by ShakespeareVet

Hi,

I don't understand what is the release management process followed at Microsoft as well as at Kaspersky Lab.

If mass endpoints are getting affected due to the patches it must be properly tested on every version of OS with different application.

Can be use VM copies of the same.

The software vendor must be more cautious for the released patches as a brand name of the software is at stake.

Regards,

Dipesh Khadye

Dear all,

Kaspersky Lab informs you that upon installing Microsoft KB2823324 update (dated 08.04.2013) on the following operating systems:

Microsoft Windows Vista x32/x64,

Microsoft Windows 7 x32/x64,

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x32/x64,

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2

the following situations may happen:

1. Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations / Server version 6.0.4.1424 and 6.0.4.1611 displays the message: "Your license is not valid. Protection disabled." As a result, some or all protection components stop functioning.

2. the chkdsk utility is launched on a computer with Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations / Server version 6.0.4.1424, 6.0.4.1611 or Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows version 8.1.0.831 each time the operating system is started.

Kaspersky Lab experts are now investigating this issue. The company uses its best efforts to solve the issue as soon as possible.

As a temporary solution, we recommend not to install KB2823324 update or uninstall it before restarting the computer.

KB articles:

"Your license is not valid. Protection disabled" message is displayed after installing KB2823324 update

The chkdsk utility is launched after the computer is restarted upon KB2823324 update installation

Update

Please read this KB Microsoft article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2839011/en-us

Ciold you please reboot your PC one more time

Same problem here I am using Windows 7 - 64 bit - KAV 1611. Still receiving chkdsk upon startup although the kaspersky log says the update was applied successfully

Same problem here I am using Windows 7 - 64 bit - KAV 1611. Still receiving chkdsk upon startup although the kaspersky log says the update was applied successfully

Hello,

Did you let chksk to finish the check?

Best regards,

Igor Akhmetov.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.