kolobashkin

Update KB2823324

I followed exactly your instructions, but the chkdsk is launched after every reboot. It says something like ".... Autochk .... unknown error ....", then win7 boots but KAV is grayed.

Ciold you please reboot your PC one more time

For me did not work too. (Windows7 x64)

install kb2823324

chk interrupt

install kav6mp4_fix

reboot

chk run complete

reboot

Kaspersky icon stil grey (ver: 6.0.4.1424)

chk start every reboot.

For me did not work too. (Windows7 x64)

install kb2823324

chk interrupt

install kav6mp4_fix

reboot

chk run complete

reboot

Kaspersky icon stil grey (ver: 6.0.4.1424)

chk start every reboot.

Hello,

May I ask you to provide us with the patch traces/kavpatcherlog.txt?

Best regards,

Igor Akhmetov.

Ciold you please reboot your PC one more time

rebooted once more -> see attached image

post-462881-1365684180_thumb.jpg

You are welcome to participate in testing the patch addresses the issues arisen after KB2823324 is installed.

In order to install the patch please follow this instruction:

Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations / Servers versions 6.0.4.1424 and 6.0.4.1611

1. Download and unzip kav6mp4_fix_kb2823324.zip

2. Read the EULA.

3. If you agree with EULA, install patch as described in KB9844.

4. After the patch is applied, reboot the affected computers.

5. If the chkdsk utility is launched upon restart, let it complete the disk scanning.

6. After the reboot, the license has to be added automatically and the chkdsk utility is no longer due to be launched while subsequent rebooting.

For me it works (Win2008 x64)

KB2823324 is installed

enable password protection

install kav6mp4_fix with password

reboot

unfortunately, I can't see the boot screen, because I'm with RDP on the server

After reboot the Kaspersky Icon is RED and it works.

I have the AV for Servers versions 6.0.4.1424

Thank you

hmm. I head 3 more Windows Updates to install.

After reboot, now it works.

This was one test machine. I will try to another User.

"cAVP::CheckBLRunning: running

cAVP::CheckPassword: begin

cAVP::CheckPassword: password is not set

func_avpquit: exit.

Script end"

Please refer to the following article ("Local installation" part): http://support.kaspersky.com/9844

Best regards,

Igor Akhmetov.

I have no password set on my instalation..

Sorry.. I set one for this pach..

Edited by burebista

I have no password set on my instalation..

Sorry.. I set one for this pach..

Works on 2 Machines... so I Think is OK...

Works on 2 Machines... so I Think is OK...

Didn't work for me. Tested at 3 different PC's.

see posting above

patch_pf98.zip worked on a test machine. Thanks

Here also, tested on seven different systems. After the second reboot, there wasn't any checkdisk anymore :-)

You are welcome to participate in testing the patch addresses the issues arisen after KB2823324 is installed.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows version 8.1.0.831

1. Download and unzip patch_pf98.zip

2. Read the EULA.

3. If you agree with EULA, install the patch as described in KB8755.

4. After the patch is applied reboot the affected computers.

5. If the chkdsk utility is launched upon restart, let it complete the disk scanning.

6. After the reboot, the chkdsk utility is no longer due to be launched while subsequent rebooting.

Please inform us about the result.

Thank you for cooperation.

The fix pf98 for 8.1.0.831 solved the issue.

Revoke of patch KB2823324 on WSUS did the trick, but:

After reboot chkdsk still came up, had to let it run through once more, then let machine boot until windows login, reboot again, then protection was on and license valid.

Working with 6.0.4.1424

Edited by Alan_D

Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations / Servers versions 6.0.4.1424 and 6.0.4.1611

2. Read the EULA.

6. After the reboot, the license has to be added automatically and the chkdsk utility is no longer due to be launched while subsequent rebooting.

2. Read the EULA.

6. After the reboot, the chkdsk utility is no longer due to be launched while subsequent rebooting.

On Windows 7 Home Premium with Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows version 8.1.0.831:

chkdsk at every reboot, licence not requested at each logon

we applied the patch (8.1.0.831 appears now 8.1.0.831(a, b, c, d) as recommanded

now the system don't do anymore chkdsk during reboot BUT lthe command 'fsutil dirty query C:' still reports the C: drive as dirty.

so it's as like the patch just behave as the chkntfs /X C: which just prevents chkdsk to start.

The PF98 patch does seem to work. I just rolled it out to as many of clients as I could. I think the bigger question is why is this happening? Who are we supposed to point the finger at this time? Based on my research this is only affecting Kaspersky clients. Why should I continue to support a company I have to continually apply alpha/beta patches to keep my job?

Frustrating.....

I know Kaspersky does really good work in the InfoSec world but common, I want my A/V to work without my intervention! As my contract expires in a few months I will have to look at all my options. The bosses are not happy.

Thanks..

Just spoke with an engineer on the phone, and I was directed to the post a few above mine, with the patch.

Also using same version as poster above me, 6.0.4.1424 and the patch did not work.

I've removed the KB2823324 update on many machines, reboot, let chkdsk run, and then everything is fine. This is for KAV 6.0.4.1424 in Windows 7 64 and 32 bit. The patch posted earlier did not work for me.

Edited by jonnyrocket

I installed the Kaspersky patch on 4 systems so far as a test and it seems to have resolved the issue on those 4. I am running Kasp Business AV 6.0.4.1424.

I also have the issue on five Windows Server 2008 R2 systems, they all have NTFS 55 errors logged every 5 minutes. I haven't touched those yet.

2. Read the EULA.

2. Read the EULA.

Because I received Kaspersky's e-mail notification before approving any 04/09 updates, I decided to try an alternate installation method, as the one suggested is not very conducive to an enterprise environment. This may only help those who have held off on approving KB2823324, but offers an alternative where the chkdsk utility should not run at all. It also highlights the importance of a separate test or administrators group of computers in both WSUS and KSC, and I experienced no issues using this method on clients running KES 8.1.0.831 under Windows 7 Professional (both 32- and 64-bit):

1. Deploy Patch pf98 via KSC as described in KB8755 (KES will indicate required restart following successful depolyment)

5. Reboot (The Kaspersky icon will not appear following reboot, but appropriate instances of avp.exe are running)

3. Approve and install KB2823324 (may require use of "wuauclt /detectnow")

4. Reboot (Kaspersky icon now appears as normal)

All the best.

2. Read the EULA.

2. Read the EULA.

I've installed pf98 on one win7 x64 system running 8.1.0.831 and it appears to have worked.

? on this. I downloaded and created an installation and then task to run, ran it on 2 virtual machines and now both have a different chkdsk error:

"Cannot open volume for direct access. Autochk cannot run due to an error caused by a recently installed software package. Use the system restore feature from the control panel to restore the system to a point prior to the recent software package installation. An unspecified error occurred (766f6c756d652e63 3f1)." The affected computers I tested on did have Kaspersky re-activated.

When manually running the fix on 1 host machine, chkdsk runs on reboot and everything is fine. Kaspersky is re-activated.

I can't run a fix that breaks something else and have 100+ computers where licenses have been stripped and Kaspersky is not active (we pushed updates through Shavlik 4/10/13 before notified of the problem). Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi.. im using kaspersky internet security 2012, its not showing the update source address and not updating...

i changed all proxy servers all..

but no use... pls help me...

i attach the detailed report kindly help me pls

update_report.txt

Hello,

A Private Fix for KES 8.1.0.646, addressing the issue with KB2823324 has been released

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows version 8.1.0.646

1. Download and unzip kes8_hf_fix_kb2823324.zip

2. Read the EULA

3. If you agree with EULA, install the patch as described in KB9844

Please, inform about results.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.