AstaUK

Kaspersky AV Slowing TS File/Folder Access.

I have just finished loading Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition x64 on to the companies main Terminal Server. A few people are saying that the system is now very slow when they are pulling up folders lists of documents using our in house document management system. The document management system isn't very efficient in that it looks at a folder opens each document within it to get various pieces of information and then displays a view similar to Windows Explorer. A folder with around 30-40 files would normally take 15-20 sec's to display is now taking over a minute. The document management system is being redesigned but the new version is a few months off release.

Removing Kaspersky from the TS restores folder access back to the 15-20sec mark. I also have Kaspersky loaded on the document server and each time a folder is access I am getting the files scanned twice, once by the document server and again by the TS. The TS access's the folders by DFS Namespace, how can I stop Kaspersky on the TS from scanning a DFS Namespace (\\MYCOMPANY.co.uk\Data\) and/or Network Drive (G: / T:).

Regards, AStaley.

*Quick note, all servers are running Server 2008 R2.

Edited by AStaley

Hello,

Be sure you antivirus client is updated with all available critical fixes.

Also in real-time protection policy, disable "scan network drives". Add Microsoft recommended exclusions if not done already.

Further tuning is possible but we need to known your antivirus client policy in details to suggest something.

How many users do you have on each TS? I was having so many issues with Enterprise Edition that I just switched to regular KES 10. Yes, it spawns a new avp.exe for each user logged on, but if you compare the memory it takes up to how much the Enterprise Edition executables take up, it's pretty much a wash. I haven't had any problems since.

Well i got the opposite experience - a well tuned Enteprise Edition performs much better than a KES client (did not test with KES10 yet tho).

Well i got the opposite experience - a well tuned Enteprise Edition performs much better than a KES client (did not test with KES10 yet tho).

I agree, my experience in Application, TS or DataBase Servers is best with KAVFSEE 8, i only use KES in File Servers.

(...)how can I stop Kaspersky on the TS from scanning a DFS Namespace (\\MYCOMPANY.co.uk\Data\) and/or Network Drive (G: / T:).

Please go in your Policy for KAVFSEE 8 to: Advanced, Trusted Zone. Then, select "Add" and in new window, edit the "Object" and select "Disk, Folder or Network place".

Optional: Add comment to know why you have created the exclusion.

Apply, save and test results.

"well tuned" is probably the reason I have had a better time with standard KES. I doubt I am the best at well tuning Kaspersky. I just pray it works every time I deploy a new version. =)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.