Alexander Ilin

Testing private fix for Slowdown problem KES 8

Thanks for the links to KES8/KSC9. However, why has it been moved or is it just a part of the "new look" website. Sadly I find it a mess and a pain to navigate.

As for the "local office" issues, are you refering to Kaspersky UK (who just told us to that we had to talk to Wick Hill) or Wick Hill whose sole response was a single call and the answer "Don't know". No investigaion, no request for information, nothing.

By the way, my remote deployment across a VPN freezing at 83% was fixed by upgrading our internet links to 100Mbs (down and up)at HQ and 50Mbs (down)/10Mbs (up). I strongly suggest that your mechanism for remote deployment via the Network Agent (9.2.629 I think) is seriously broken if it can't cope with normal internet connection speeds for deploying to remote sites - and no doing "local installs" is not an acceptable option.

Regarding KES8/KSC9, once a new version is released all older versions are moved to support sites, to avoid confusion among new users. This is a usual practice at KL. All users who already have previous versions installed are encouraged to refer to support.kaspersky.com both for downloads and support.

Thank you for pointing out the Network Agent issue, I will forward it to our Security Center team for investigation.

I am sorry for such our the UK office, this case needs to be investigated as well.

Regards,

Eduard

Thank you for pointing out the Network Agent issue, I will forward it to our Security Center team for investigation.

We saw similar issues here when we tried to update from 8.1.0.646 to 8.1.0.831 and we ended up having to run a standalone installer on most computers. I also saw the same issue trying to push out pf_80 to 2 sites

We have a central site with a 20/20 fiber connection and 42 remote sites with between 4 and 50 computers each that connect through cablemodems with speeds ranging from 5/384 to 12/1.5.

If we try to push out installations via Kaspersky we get lots of timeouts and failed installs.

Haven't contacted support due to having many things which were more pressing to take care of.

Aaron Z

Hi JBT3, what version of KES and which patches have you installed? What is your issue, is it the slowdown still or there are any other problems you are facing? If you provided us with more detailed information on the current state and configuration perhaps the support team could suggest a solution to your problem. I can assure you that KL staff are working on all the recent incidents and we will respond to all requests ASAP. If you have not yet submitted a ticket to the support team I would strongly recommend to so so and supply as much information about your case as possible.

Regards,

Eduard

The patch D that pushed last week seems to have fixed our probelms with slowness on computers, crashes and hangs caused by Kaspersky 8.1.0.831. We have no trust that Kaspersky will not issue a new patch any moment that will cripple our computers again. We have thousands of dollars of cost in downtime and in-house IT support to deal with the problems caused by Kaspersky. How will we be compensated? What is Kaspersky doing to make sure they do not crush our computers again? We are seriously considering removal of Kaspersky and replacement with Norton 360 on individual computers. Then our users will be responsible to make sure that software is updating and work properly. The management console randomly works or doesnt so we would not be losing any functionality that we current can rely on. What is being done to protect us in the future from an autopatch that crashes our computers?

The patch D that pushed last week seems to have fixed our probelms with slowness on computers, crashes and hangs caused by Kaspersky 8.1.0.831. We have no trust that Kaspersky will not issue a new patch any moment that will cripple our computers again. We have thousands of dollars of cost in downtime and in-house IT support to deal with the problems caused by Kaspersky. How will we be compensated? What is Kaspersky doing to make sure they do not crush our computers again? We are seriously considering removal of Kaspersky and replacement with Norton 360 on individual computers. Then our users will be responsible to make sure that software is updating and work properly. The management console randomly works or doesnt so we would not be losing any functionality that we current can rely on. What is being done to protect us in the future from an autopatch that crashes our computers?

Unit testing prior to distribution to the entire network

Holding off updating to EP10 until I can confirm all problems with PF80 and PF82 have been resolved with patch d.

Have several sites all currently on EP 8.1.0.831. Mix of Win7 32bit, 64bit and XP 32bit. Not using KSC (due to previous problems and lack of faith in it) so I will be updating these ~150 machines manually myself onsite and remotely. These are production machines and I only have a few I can test things with before having to roll things out.

I CANNOT AFFORD REVISITS AND DOWNTIME.

Have all problems been addressed with EP10.1.0.867?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.