Alexander Ilin

Testing private fix for Slowdown problem KES 8

cannibale

If there is no patch B installed on your computer then there is no need to apply patch pf80.

so I can switch on update module now without any problem?

Thank you

You can switch on module update now.

Deploy patch B and C.

And in case of slowdown install pf80 on the affected hosts as described here http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=256488

So I have pray that no slowdown problems will appear

and if there will be slowdown problems after module updates I have to install pf80 on clients that are not manageable anymore....

I DO NOT think this is an option.

We have now resorted to disabling KES on all 200 workstations due to the problems the latest patches and updates have caused us. I now need a definitive fix for our systems to ensure that re-enabling KES does not cripple our systems again. We have been unsuccesful in roling out PF80 via a central task with some systems just timing out and others do absolutely nothing. We need a rollup package to standardise our workstations because as it stands some have patch_a and others have patch_a and patch_b and very few have patch_a/_b and _c and none have PF80.

Hello

Please before you push remoute installation pf_80, dasable antivirus start-up in KES policy.

You can read instructions in article http://support.kaspersky.com/9707

Ok - I've tried installing this FIVE times now on the same machine, so some simple questions....

How the hell am I supposed to know when patch_pf80.exe has completed? Every time I run it (with KES startup disabled now) I get the command prompt back almost immediately.

So far, each time I've run it (as above including the "/when now" switch), when I go to reboot the thing just goes brain dead (last reboot interrupted by a hard boot after 30 mins, the previous after 24 HOURS! after which the machine STILL had not finished shutting down, never mind restarting).

Come on - be forthcomming with some INFORMATION!!!!

Ok - I've tried installing this FIVE times now on the same machine, so some simple questions....

How the hell am I supposed to know when patch_pf80.exe has completed? Every time I run it (with KES startup disabled now) I get the command prompt back almost immediately.

So far, each time I've run it (as above including the "/when now" switch), when I go to reboot the thing just goes brain dead (last reboot interrupted by a hard boot after 30 mins, the previous after 24 HOURS! after which the machine STILL had not finished shutting down, never mind restarting).

Come on - be forthcomming with some INFORMATION!!!!

What KES patches allready installed on this PC (look in gui)

What KES patches allready installed on this PC (look in gui)

Or maybe you can have a look at KESPatchMSI.log in C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\ folder

On my notebook the PF installation process completed in 3 minutes.

Edited by cannibale

Or maybe you can have a look at KESPatchMSI.log in C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\ folder

On my notebook the PF installation process completed in 3 minutes.

But how did you know it had completed?

I'll try taking a look, when I get the user to hard-boot it AGAIN as it has become brain dead AGAIN!

But how did you know it had completed?

I'll try taking a look, when I get the user to hard-boot it AGAIN as it has become brain dead AGAIN!

the last row in the file is something like that:

=== Verbose logging stopped: 14/02/2013 10:13:43 ===

the last row in the file is something like that:

=== Verbose logging stopped: 14/02/2013 10:13:43 ===

Well where to begin it is now Thursday again a week after you pushed out your crap and I still cannot get a third of our machines working. They show they have patches a,b,and c on them when we try to add pf80 it just gives us a time out error. also these machine keep stating they need a reboot. We reboot them some taking hours or days to reboot and then still nothing This is pathetic. I have created a case and they just close it and say it's complete as they sent out patch C and pf80.

It's amazing how they don't listen IT IS NOT CLOSED. YOU HAVE YET TO FIX THE PROBLEM. I cannot even begin to tell you how much money we are losing daily because of production with no computers. Like I said before I want a refund of the remaining year on my license and am going to get rid of this crap once and for all!!!!! When you can't even fix a problem that you caused nor want to own up to and just roll it back is pathetic it pretty much shows you have no clue as to what you are doing. If that happened here in my company I can tell you those people wouldn't be working here any longer!!!

I am noticing when I try to run this pf80, if the K is not showing by the clock the install will not work.

I have to hard shut down the PC multiple times to get the K to show up by the clock. If it does show up the patch will work. I cannot disable the startup of KES as described in the article because the K never shows up by the clock for me to change that setting.

What are we supposed to do when we startup the PC and there is no K in the taskbar? Just keep power cycling until it shows up?

I am noticing when I try to run this pf80, if the K is not showing by the clock the install will not work.

I have to hard shut down the PC multiple times to get the K to show up by the clock. If it does show up the patch will work. I cannot disable the startup of KES as described in the article because the K never shows up by the clock for me to change that setting.

What are we supposed to do when we startup the PC and there is no K in the taskbar? Just keep power cycling until it shows up?

On one PC I've tried the following and it worked

- boot in safe mode

- disable Network Agent service

- boot normally

- execute the PF

- wait until the process has finished

- reboot

- enable Network Agent service

Edited by cannibale

jmort,

I have found that I have had to restart machines up to 8 times before it will show up and yes it won't instal if it isn't running at least on ours and then it is still hit and miss if it will install at all. So far this morning the only way we have been able to get it to install is to do it on each individual machine. We have been at it for 4 hours now and have only been able to actually get it done and working on 4 machines.

Good luck to you!!!

I'm happy most slow downs aren't as bad as some (only 20mins to login). But what I don't understand is why aren't all my machines at the latest patch? I have an update job with modules running every day and Kaspersky Security Center says that my machines are up to date but yet when I look at the patch info I have machines with a, (a,B), (a,b,c), and just b. WTF? I have 27 location!!!! How the hell do you apply the fix out to the machines if you cannot even update them properly? I am reading these forums and guys are having to reboot machines multiply times to get the K to show up just so that the fix will work. This is not acceptable!!!!!!!

This product has now turned into a JOKE. I am going to make sure Kaspersky does not get another dime from my employer. This is sad and pathetic.

Someone PLEASE get this problem on slashdot.org 's front page (if it didn't already make it.. I know last weeks borked update made their front page).

It appears that Kaspersky doesn't actually fix the problem until tons of negative press is generated. People need to know about this garbage and vote with their wallet.

My company purchased Kaspersky 3 weeks ago and now all this garbage comes out. The loss in man hours and production is staggering. Never again. We're deciding today if we are just going to dump it and demand a full refund.

On one PC I've tried the following and it worked

- boot in safe mode

- disable Network Agent service

- boot normally

- execute the PF

- wait until the process has finished

- reboot

- enable Network Agent service

I had found that this method worked where Kaspersky's suggestion to "[d]isable the Launch Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows at computer startup option in the Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows policy' seemed to have no influence on successful patch installation.

Edited by ShakespeareVet

I had found that this method worked where Kaspersky's suggestion to "[d]isable the Launch Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows at computer startup option in the Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows policy' seemed to have no influence on successful patch installation.

So after disabling the network agent in safe mode, then booting into Windows normally, do you need to wait for the K to show up by the clock to run the pf80? Also when you run the pf80 do you use the /when now switch or just reboot right away?

So after disabling the network agent in safe mode, then booting into Windows normally, do you need to wait for the K to show up by the clock to run the pf80? Also when you run the pf80 do you use the /when now switch or just reboot right away?

I waited until the Kaspersky icon was displayed in the system tray (with the Network Agent service disabled this took no longer than 5 minutes on affected machines, though YMMV). I did not use the /when now switch. After successful installation of pf80, the Kaspersky icon provides notification a "Restart is required" to complete the patch installation.

Interestingly, my first successful patch installation on an affected machine required none of these steps (including disabling the startup option as added per Kaspersky). Made more curious by having an identical hardware and software configuration (though to be fair, not cloned) and the same Patches (a, b, c) as one of the above machines.

At least we are back up and running. Good luck to you.

Edited by ShakespeareVet

Thanks for the info! I may try this approach on the next machine to pop up with this issue. I had 4 machines this morning that I had to pull the power cord to get them to shut off and I had to do this 4 times on each machine before I could get the K to show.

Other times, the first power off and restart works fine (same hardware, OS, SP, etc.). Its very frustrating how inconsistent this all is.

Like everyone else we have been hit by this problem and continue to fight it every day with more users calling our helpdesk and then the helpdesk installs pf80 to try and fix it. What's shocking to me is I was told by an online kaspersky support agent, that there was supposed to be an autopatch D to fix all of the issues, but after my boss called our local kaspersky representative, we were told there would not be an autopatch D and that PF80 was the fix.

So let me get this straight, kaspersky sends out an autopatch that causes all kinds of issues and then tries to fix it with follow up autopatches which cause more issues, and then just gives up and makes it's customers micromanage their users by making them send out PF80?! Seriously?

So let me get this straight, kaspersky sends out an autopatch that causes all kinds of issues and then tries to fix it with follow up autopatches which cause more issues, and then just gives up and makes it's customers micromanage their users by making them send out PF80?! Seriously?

I think you may have missed out "but often doesn't even fix the slowdown problems it's supposed to"....

I think you may have missed out "but often doesn't even fix the slowdown problems it's supposed to"....

So far, it has worked for us IF the K is showing by the clock before you begin the install (which can take 5-10 reboots).

Between this issue and Company Account not letting me login (due to the website replacing my password with another one), it would seem that they are really working hard to make sure we don't renew at the end of our current licensing period.

Aaron Z

Edited by PLSCANS

the computers where the patch b and the patch c consequently were not applied automatically, how should I proceed? I apply the patches manually and then apply the pf80?

the computers where the patch b and the patch c consequently were not applied automatically, how should I proceed? I apply the patches manually and then apply the pf80?

did you tried this move 1 pc into a group you create rename it test and then make an update task inside it make sure that update modules is ticked kaay and give it the path from where is the source should it update from

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.