sflint@commercehub.com

Not scanned for a long time status [Solved] [MR1] [pf96]

Hello!

It's strange. Can you reinstall on the one computer pf with /when now option and check result?

I have uninstalled patch PF96 and pushed it out to a test computer and still, the status does not change. Still displaying red. What else can I do to rectify this?

I have uninstalled patch PF96 and pushed it out to a test computer and still, the status does not change. Still displaying red. What else can I do to rectify this?

Please, check the version of the file bl.ppl This file must be version 10.1.0.1001.

Please, check the version of the file bl.ppl This file must be version 10.1.0.1001.

The version I have says 10.1.0.867. How do I go about updating this?

Requested log attached.

Hello!

Run the patch_pf96.exe file from a command prompt in local administrator account context. Just make sure and it is absolutely important that during the installation you use the /WHEN NOW option.

"C:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\patch_pf96.exe /when now"

Alternatively remote installation task can be used for patch deployment. Deployment task should be executed under local administrator account on target hosts.

The link you supplied doesn't work. I've never seen such a farse with regards to correcting a problem that you knew must have been there when you decided this was ready to put up for sale. I've already told my company to not buy another licence and to move to Symantec when this licence expires.

i'm strongly agreed with u on this :bravo:

i'm strongly agreed with u on this :bravo:

Hello,

I am sorry but could you please tell us about applying the fix? Was it able to get the issue resolved for you?

I have applied the PF96 but the issue is back... the OS is Windows 8 pro... WHAT CAN WE DO TO GET THIS ISSUE SOLVED

I have applied the PF96 but the issue is back... the OS is Windows 8 pro... WHAT CAN WE DO TO GET THIS ISSUE SOLVED

Hello,

In this case I would suggest you to proceed with further investigation by tech. support in a related case submitted.

Hello,

i need the Fix PG96. My Support Ticket is INC000002383760.

If the Fix is not multilanguage, then give my the german one please. Thank you ...

Hello,

i need the Fix PG96. My Support Ticket is INC000002383760.

If the Fix is not multilanguage, then give my the german one please. Thank you ...

Hello,

I have sent it out through the case. Please have a look.

Hello,

In this case I would suggest you to proceed with further investigation by tech. support in a related case submitted.

Hello to everyone...

I have also asked for the hot fix.. But.. Kaspersky team mentions that this is not officially supported yet and there are no guarantees about the result, since it is tested.. It is expected to be released officially on 12/2013..

This is an official answer to my ticket.. I double-checked also with the Kaspersky reseller here in Cyprus..

Therefore i dont think you will get a lot of support unless the official release will come up.. I strongly suggest to wait another month or two and we will see..

Hello to everyone...

I have also asked for the hot fix.. But.. Kaspersky team mentions that this is not officially supported yet and there are no guarantees about the result, since it is tested.. It is expected to be released officially on 12/2013..

This is an official answer to my ticket.. I double-checked also with the Kaspersky reseller here in Cyprus..

Therefore i dont think you will get a lot of support unless the official release will come up.. I strongly suggest to wait another month or two and we will see..

Hello!

May I please kindly ask you to provide us your INC number?

As for private fixes, they always come with such a disclaimer. It doesn't mean they are not supposed to work as expected. :)

Hello!

May I please kindly ask you to provide us your INC number?

As for private fixes, they always come with such a disclaimer. It doesn't mean they are not supposed to work as expected. :)

Hello Ivan,

I uploaded an attachment with the email of Kaspersky support that mentions the INC number and the complete answer.

Regards,

Nikos

kaspersky_ticket.doc

Hello Ivan,

I uploaded an attachment with the email of Kaspersky support that mentions the INC number and the complete answer.

Regards,

Nikos

Hi,

This means that you were provided a private fix itself but not an official update yet. This patch fix will be included into our next official product versions.

Hi Kaspersky Lab,

It makes me crazy.

What are different from private PF96 and auto update database with netgent 10 patch b and kes 10 patch a?

Thanks,

Hi,

This means that you were provided a private fix itself but not an official update yet. This patch fix will be included into our next official product versions.

OK..

But for the customers it is important to know that even the private fixes are totally supported from Kaspersky... Otherwise why should anyone risk destroying a working production environment ???

So when the official answer is "i dont recommend you to use the fix or use it at your own risk" then you wait for a totally supported hotfix unless you face a total system failure...

OK..

But for the customers it is important to know that even the private fixes are totally supported from Kaspersky... Otherwise why should anyone risk destroying a working production environment ???

So when the official answer is "i dont recommend you to use the fix or use it at your own risk" then you wait for a totally supported hotfix unless you face a total system failure...

Of course we support private fixes, but

"Due to technical reasons a private fix cannot be exposed to a full range of tests that ensure software quality. Kaspersky Lab explicitly disclaims any guarantees regarding both features and quality of a private fix. If not explicitly stated otherwise, private fixes are subject to the End-User License Agreement (EULA) under which the respective Kaspersky product is licensed, in particular the following exclusion and limitation of liability notice."

That's why:

"KASPERSKY LAB STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THAT THIS PATCH IS FIRST INSTALLED ON A LIMITED SET OF MACHINES FOR TEST PURPOSE. THE USER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING THAT INSTALLATION OF THIS PRIVATE FIX HAS NO NEGATIVE IMPACT ON TEST HOSTS, PRIOR TO DEPLOYMENT TO A PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT."DISCLAIMER.zip

Of course we support private fix, but

"Due to technical reasons a private fix cannot be exposed to a full range of tests that ensure software quality. Kaspersky Lab explicitly disclaims any guarantees regarding both features and quality of a private fix. If not explicitly stated otherwise, private fixes are subject to the End-User License Agreement (EULA) under which the respective Kaspersky product is licensed, in particular the following exclusion and limitation of liability notice."

That's why:

"KASPERSKY LAB STRONGLY RECOMMENDS THAT THIS PATCH IS FIRST INSTALLED ON A LIMITED SET OF MACHINES FOR TEST PURPOSE. THE USER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING THAT INSTALLATION OF THIS PRIVATE FIX HAS NO NEGATIVE IMPACT ON TEST HOSTS, PRIOR TO DEPLOYMENT TO A PRODUCTION ENVIRONMENT."DISCLAIMER.zip

Hello Ivan..

This is another answer...The response to my ticket INC000002366026 ticket is that it is recommended to wait for an official patch or to use it on my own risk.. This means (at least to me) that in case i use it , i dont have support on possible problems...

Anyway, please confirm which is the status..

In case i use it on one client (even the official patch would be tested on one client first) and "complication" occur would you technically and fully support my coming tickets??? Because i wont be able to wait then for the official patch on December... If full support is provided, kindly mention it at my ticket number and communicate your answer to the local Kaspersky resellers here in Cyprus, because also they told me to wait for the official patch..

Best Regards,

Nikos Konstantinou

Hello Ivan..

This is another answer...The response to my ticket INC000002366026 ticket is that it is recommended to wait for an official patch or to use it on my own risk.. This means (at least to me) that in case i use it , i dont have support on possible problems...

Anyway, please confirm which is the status..

In case i use it on one client (even the official patch would be tested on one client first) and "complication" occur would you technically and fully support my coming tickets??? Because i wont be able to wait then for the official patch on December... If full support is provided, kindly mention it at my ticket number and communicate your answer to the local Kaspersky resellers here in Cyprus, because also they told me to wait for the official patch..

Best Regards,

Nikos Konstantinou

pf 106 is our official patch. If patch will not help or something goes wrong, we will help you.

However, in this particular case, I would like recommend that you wait for KES 10 MR1 because this solution is more reliable and the problem can be easily solved by workaround.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.