BobbyT

Databases have not been updated for a long time

What are the latest definitions for KIS 2013? Just recently updated from KIS 2012. Doesn't seem to update as frequently as did KIS 2012.

My KIS shows last update: 2/4/2013 6:31 PM

Current time here is: 3:12 PM Atlantic standard time.

Signatures: 7, 421, 008

Run Mode:automatically. Tried updating manually does not update.

im on kis 2012 and my update says the same time. over the last few days the definitions dont seem as regular interms of the time stamp changing when i hover over the K in my tray. whats abit strange though is ive just done a manual update (its last update was 8 hours ago) and it says its downloaded over 8 MB which is a huge amount normally it might only be around 1.5mb yet the time stamp hasnt updated. my subscriptions getting near then end so thought this might be why as the definitions from what i remember dont seem to update as much when its getting to the end?

yeah ive just had the same large update. im on kis 12 . yet the time stamp hasnt changed

im on kis 2012 and my update says the same time. over the last few days the definitions dont seem as regular interms of the time stamp changing when i hover over the K in my tray. whats abit strange though is ive just done a manual update (its last update was 8 hours ago) and it says its downloaded over 8 MB which is a huge amount normally it might only be around 1.5mb yet the time stamp hasnt updated. my subscriptions getting near then end so thought this might be why as the definitions from what i remember dont seem to update as much when its getting to the end?

I got an 8.8mb update (1st cold startup)/reboot this morning , and thought something might be wrong with my system?

Hi, KIS 2013 shows at this time 7,425,027

Erm... I have 7,422,019 now. And my KIS update every 30 min... How can this be? < Just updated manually now. Confused here. Or it just depends on the country? I live in the UK. What about you? Mods? Any idea?

Edited by Seany007

Manually updated definitions just a minute ago.

Now: 7,421,250 Time: 4:45 PM 2/5/2013

If you want to compare database release dates you have to consider time zone differences. Now the database release should be Feb 2nd 8:45 PM UTC (about one hour ago from now). By the way, at the moment the database release date should mostly not depend on which home user product you have installed. Also, it does not depend on how many days you have left on your license.

You cannot really compare the signature count as it depends on many things (installed product, enabled components, exact update time, ...). There is not one "correct" signature count.

Erm... I have 7,422,019 now. And my KIS update every 30 min... How can this be? < Just updated manually now. Confused here. Or it just depends on the country? I live in the UK. What about you? Mods? Any idea?

After this mornings 8.8mb update, my auto-updates didn't return to the normal 2hrs, until After 2 reboots?

Just updated and time stamp is still showing the time the original poster mentioned. im in the uk so are the release times slightly different on the servers? will update in the morning as its late at night here.

There can be differences between update servers, but they should not be big. Since you are using version 2012 you can also check the release date via main window -> support (in footer), the information shown when hovering the K symbol is not updated correctly in all cases.

I am having an issue today with the updates, my KAV 2012 is not updating, the last time it updated was 02/04/2013 5:31 pm. When I manually update the signatures stay the same.

Application version: 12.0.0.374 database released 02/04/2013 5:31 pm.

The screen is telling me that my database has not been updated for a long time. But the icon is still green. Is it still safe to go on the internet when this happens?

Manual download says at 0 KB when downloading.

I have rebooted twice not, and updated again, but nothing.

Is Kaspersky having an issue. I noticed a couple days ago my patch went from (k) to (l).

My time and date are correct.

Thank you.

I have the same problem. Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 is not updating (last update 4/2/2013 23:31). What is more KIS shut down by itself two times when I was connected to the Internet. Is it possible that a virus is shuting down KIS?

I am having the same problem. Noticed it 45 mins ago. Since then, have rebooted, manually updated, and the Update Window says he last Update was <1 min ago but it also keeps saying "Databases have not been updated for a long time."

I took some screencaps with details.

Detailed description of how this happened:

1. 5:45pm - Was browsing with Firefox, 3 tabs open, opened a 4th. KIS 2012 was updating databases in that moment. KIS shut itself down. See screencap 01

2. 5:46pm - Closed browser, opened KIS UI, see screencap 02. Says DB have not been updated for long time, traffic light green.

3. 5:48pm - Did manual update of DB (several times, exiting out of KIS completely in between). Update goes to 100% download remains at 0. "Last update" matched manual update, but heading remains "Databases have not been updated for long time." Screencap03

4. Rebooted. Manual DB update. Same thing.

5. Opened Application Control window. Noticed that, at the time KIS shut down, there was a "wmi helper" - "application moved to trusted" (KIS application, judging by the logo). Had never seen this process/application before. See Screencap 04 in next message (attachment limit reached)

6. Opened the Protection Center tab. KIS Update shows as "Task Completed" but the "Databases have not been updated for long time" remains firmly in place. See Screencap 05 in next message (attachment limit reached)

7. GSI: http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...a45311328754237

Thanks in advance for any help/input!

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

KIS 2012 12.0.0.374 (l)

Database release date: 2/4/2013 4:31:00pm

post-316910-1360110773_thumb.jpg

post-316910-1360110780_thumb.jpg

post-316910-1360110786_thumb.jpg

Edited by tcwe

Continued. Adding 3 more screencaps.

8. When I posted the message above, KIS turned itself off again. See Screencap 06. This time, there was no matching "wmi helper" in the Application Control tab, so that might have been unrelated.

post-316910-1360110258_thumb.jpg

post-316910-1360110266_thumb.jpg

post-316910-1360110272_thumb.jpg

Edited by tcwe

Same issue here with KAV2012 - databases are shown as being more than 24 hrs out of date in spite of frequent manual updates. Main screen has turned yellow with an exclamation point.

Update of less than an hour ago was 9MB, but databases still not updated. However, I noticed that the patch level changed

from "k" to "l" so did a reboot followed ny another update. Even after that the databases remain > 24 hrs old.

I am having an issue today with the updates, my KAV 2012 is not updating, the last time it updated was 02/04/2013 5:31 pm. When I manually update the signatures stay the same.

Application version: 12.0.0.374 database released 02/04/2013 5:31 pm.

The screen is telling me that my database has not been updated for a long time. But the icon is still green. Is it still safe to go on the internet when this happens?

Manual download says at 0 KB when downloading.

I have rebooted twice not, and updated again, but nothing.

Is Kaspersky having an issue. I noticed a couple days ago my patch went from (k) to (l).

My time and date are correct.

Thank you.

I have nearly the exact same issue. I too have the same date/time of the update but worse still, no matter how many times I update (and the logs show updating and that it's successful), the main gui keeps telling me that the databases are out of date with a yellow exclamation point. Earlier today, I noticed Kav turned itself off and also said my license was invalid. After a huge update (around 8mb), all was well. Until the next update when I find myself in this situation. Ugh.

Note my signature lists my win7 computer but this issue is on my winxp computer. I haven't turned on my win7 computer today so I don't know if it's happening there as well. My wife still uses winxp on her laptop and it has the same issue saying she hasn't updated "in a long time" even though kav is set to auto update hourly.

Edited by 4vidman

To add to my previous post above, my KAV anti-virus also turn itself off, and the icon turned red, it is listed under the security section . So I turned it back on, icon green again.

I'm also having the same problems as most of you.

KIS shut down the firewall twice in the last hour, one of those times was while I was logged on to my Internet bank which made me panic a little.

Let's hope there is news soon.

:)

Windows XP Professional, SP3.

Edited by Sm1tty