matt@securenetit.com.au

Error while installing: System error 0x534 [In progress]

ok,

in total despair , from a customer today I solved it this way:

The situation was this:

kav9

50client

4 groups with diversified policy .

I tried to upgrade but the error in question blocked the installation .

So I did exactly these steps before you get to rivolvere .

reinstalled version 9

used the tool for change by selecting the system administrator user ( this I do not think we've done a lot)

at this point trying to reinstall the 10 I received the same error .

I joined in the services mmc and I manually edited the user who runs the service of kaspersky lab system user from changing it in administrator. in my case administrator is a local administrator, domain administrator .

I stopped at the service installed kav 10 is everything is finished correctly .

( I think this was the part that worked out ) .

even if the console is installed, however, did not find the service ( after having started it of course).

I went back into service and I reset the system admin service Kaspersk lab server.

made this all work again !

Claps 1 - Kaspersky 0

:-)

I had the same problem installing KSC10 on 2008 R2, so I tried to transfer PDC (on the server where I installed KSC) and my installation was OK.

Same problem on a Windows 2003 dc.

Solved changing temporarily the PDC emulator role.

Thanks

Hi there,

When installing KSC 10.0.3361 on a Windows Server 2012 server which is also a domain controller I get the following error:

Error while installing: System error 0x534 (No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.).

Attached are screenshots

This can be due to the installer running in autonomous mode. When you double click on it (even while logged in as a domain admin) it will launch in autonomous mode which does not have the sufficient rights to execute every operation within the installation process.

This all can be very easily solved by right clicking the installer and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Please let us know if this fix works (or not) for you.

You know, this workaround works, but IT SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BE LIKE THAT. :angry:

Come on, Kaspersky Devs! Test your product better before release! Having to use a workaround that requires mucking around with such an important aspect/role/function of a Domain Controller shouldn't have to be employed in order to get your shabbily designed application to work!

We had issues with KAK8, then KSC9, and now this with KSC10. C'mon...enough with the inane, ridiculous issues, Kaspersky Devs! Do the job properly the first time round so that we Sys Admins can just deploy it and have it working out of the box.

I clouldnt agree more!

And the workaround did not work for me, with "local account" it gives the error:

kav.jpg

(Means: "The account exists")

First Windows 8.1, now this, its getting ridiculous, must find another anti-virus fast... :(

Edited by dio

This can be due to the installer running in autonomous mode. When you double click on it (even while logged in as a domain admin) it will launch in autonomous mode which does not have the sufficient rights to execute every operation within the installation process.

This all can be very easily solved by right clicking the installer and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Please let us know if this fix works (or not) for you.

Really? Is that the solution?? :blink:

Hi, any real solution for error 0x534 today?

Hello!

As mentioned above, this fix will be included in MR1 coming out this month.

Thank you!

Hello!

As mentioned above, this fix will be included in MR1 coming out this month.

Thank you!

I just tried upgrading our DC again using Security Center MR1 (10.1.249) and this problem is still occurring! Can anybody else verify that this bug still exists in the new version?

This is so frustrating!!! I have never had as many problems with AV as I do with Kaspersky. This is unacceptable. :angry:

I just tried upgrading our DC again using Security Center MR1 (10.1.249) and this problem is still occurring! Can anybody else verify that this bug still exists in the new version?

This is so frustrating!!! I have never had as many problems with AV as I do with Kaspersky. This is unacceptable. :angry:

Hi,

Did you submit any case in personal cabinet regarding this issue yet?

Can you please provide us administration server installation logs? Please sent it to HQCentralSupport account in a personal message. This article explains where to gather it from (http://support.kaspersky.com/9320).

I actually got it working now, but had to do a workaround. My problem was I was trying to go from 8 (v8.0.2177) to 10, and had been getting the previous error listed at the beginning of this thread. Now while trying to upgrade from 8 to 10.1 I got a new but similar error: "Error wile installing: System error 0x421 (The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified)."

So after this failed and removed version 8 in the process, I just installed version 9 using the system account, then restored settings from my backup. Then I was able to successfully upgrade from 9 to 10.1. Annoying that this wasnt tested, but I guess at the rest of my sites where this is installed on a DC, I will need to go from 8 to 9, then 9 to 10.1.

I actually got it working now, but had to do a workaround. My problem was I was trying to go from 8 (v8.0.2177) to 10, and had been getting the previous error listed at the beginning of this thread. Now while trying to upgrade from 8 to 10.1 I got a new but similar error: "Error wile installing: System error 0x421 (The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified)."

So after this failed and removed version 8 in the process, I just installed version 9 using the system account, then restored settings from my backup. Then I was able to successfully upgrade from 9 to 10.1. Annoying that this wasnt tested, but I guess at the rest of my sites where this is installed on a DC, I will need to go from 8 to 9, then 9 to 10.1.

Thank you for the info.

Yes, to go from 8 to 9 and then to 10.1 might be the best solution for you as this is a supported scenario.

Any news?

Same problem on Server 2012 R2 (DC, only this server in network, server is PDC).

I have tried installing with local administrator account and with domain admin.

Support says the Windows File Protection stops the installer while the installer change this key:

\Software\Classes\Component Categories\{7DD95802-9882-11CF-9FA9-00AA006C42C4}

They send me the following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms974305.aspx

In fact I have no idea what to do with this...

How can I switch off Windows File Protection on Server 2012 R2?

Edited by ollibraun

Any news?

Same problem on Server 2012 R2 (DC, only this server in network, server is PDC).

I have tried installing with local administrator account and with domain admin.

Support says the Windows File Protection stops the installer while the installer change this key:

\Software\Classes\Component Categories\{7DD95802-9882-11CF-9FA9-00AA006C42C4}

They send me the following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms974305.aspx

In fact I have no idea what to do with this...

How can I switch off Windows File Protection on Server 2012 R2?

Hello!

Please kindly clarify which version are you trying to install.

Could you please give us your INC number?

Thank you!

Hello,

trying to install KSC 10.1.249 (Full package) german. INC000002677135.

Thank you,

Oliver

Hello,

trying to install KSC 10.1.249 (Full package) german. INC000002677135.

Thank you,

Oliver

As I see, there's already been some work done in your incident. Please kindly request clarifications on this article in your case as well.

As for disabling Windows File Protection, this questions should probably be asked to MS Support.

Thank you!

As I see, there's already been some work done in your incident. Please kindly request clarifications on this article in your case as well.

As for disabling Windows File Protection, this questions should probably be asked to MS Support.

Thank you!

Kaspersky support has sent to me new setup.exe. With it installation works. Thank you!

Kaspersky support has sent to me new setup.exe. With it installation works. Thank you!

Hello!

Thank You for provided information!

Do not hesitate to contact us if you are having any issues with Kaspersky products.

Best Regards,

Vitaly Kravtsov.

Hi

We have the same error on a new 2012 AD Server with clean install of Full 10.1.249

The server on a domain and is a domain controller, don't think this would have any effect on installing though?

Error is:

Error while installing: System error 0x421 (The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified.)

Any ideas? What is this new setup.exe Kaspersky support sends out?

Hi

We have the same error on a new 2012 AD Server with clean install of Full 10.1.249

The server on a domain and is a domain controller, don't think this would have any effect on installing though?

Error is:

Error while installing: System error 0x421 (The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is invalid for the account name specified.)

Any ideas? What is this new setup.exe Kaspersky support sends out?

I've been reading this thread because I had the same problem installing Full 10.1.249 on a Windows 2008 R2 domain controller. I kept getting the system error 0x421. I can't believe this actually worked but just running it as Admin worked. May be worth a shot for you.

I've been reading this thread because I had the same problem installing Full 10.1.249 on a Windows 2008 R2 domain controller. I kept getting the system error 0x421. I can't believe this actually worked but just running it as Admin worked. May be worth a shot for you.

Hello!

Thank you for provided information.

You variant may help some time, but not always.

Thank You!

Please help, I encounter the same problem when installing KSC10.1.249 (full) on windows server enterprise 2008 R2 (BDC) the following error occurs:

system error 0x2

When the installation of KSC9.3.75 is successful and upgraded to KSC10.1.249 the following error occurs:

rpc is unavailable or System error 0x2

As for changing account, it cannot be done because the account system is disabled.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x4xo591lg5l80ng/...JuHFdgA0h8-0BYa

Edited by blue^ice

Please help, I encounter the same problem when installing KSC10.1.249 (full) on windows server enterprise 2008 R2 (BDC) the following error occurs:

system error 0x2

When the installation of KSC9.3.75 is successful and upgraded to KSC10.1.249 the following error occurs:

rpc is unavailable or System error 0x2

As for changing account, it cannot be done because the account system is disabled.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x4xo591lg5l80ng/...JuHFdgA0h8-0BYa

Hi,

It looks like the error is different from the mentioned by the topic starter. I would suggest you to submit a case with tech support or in personal cabinet and provide there GSI report and "Administration Server" installation logs along with event logs.

Thank You!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.