AstaUK

KSC9, Deploying Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition?

I've completed the installation of KSC9 on one of my servers and now I'm looking to install the anti-virus on other servers within my domain. KSC9 has discovered the servers connected to the network but if I try to install an application I only get the list of EndPoint Security 8 and SC Network Agent, from a previous post it was recommended that I download and install Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition. I can manually create a distribution package by importing the EXE file, but is this the correct way to do it, or is there an automated method to download the latest version of KAV8WSEE in to the repositories?

The manual for KAV8WSEE doesn't seem to mention anything about KSC9 but still references the Admin Kit, which I thought it had replaced. And likewise the KSC9 manual doesn't seem to reference KAV8WSEE unless I've skipped over a section. Hopefully I'm heading in the right direction.

Regards, AStaley.

Hello, Admin Kit (or KSC as they call it now) works just like any MMC - you need to add the correct snapin to make it work like you want to.

For that, close any KSC console, install KAV FSEE plugin (klcfginst.exe, found inside extracted KAV FSEE fils), start a KSC console, and you should be now able to add policies and tasks (including deplyment tasks) for KAV FSEE.

Since KSC9 all plug inns are included in the package of the KSC.

Look into the expanded directories and you can find the plug inn in a subfolder.

Sorry for my late reply, router issues.

Not long after posting I found a guide detailing how to setup Enterprise Edition with KSC9 and have a successful install on a server I can use for a little more testing. Currently I just have a default config pushed out to the server, now I need to read through the manual in a little more depth.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.